P&b Running Club

Ran 10km (10.34km) for the first time tonight, the farthest I'd ran before that was 6.14km so I'm absolutely delighted I was able to get there. The weather was fantastic so I just thought I'd go for it. Total time was 1:05:45 - 1:03:23 for the 10km. Which is terrible compared to most of you lot, but it's my first 10km so f**k it. Felt I could've went a bit faster but just wanted to make sure I got the distance right. Hoping I can get under an hour in a couple of weeks.

36 mins 59 secs for me this morning at MHFS 10k. Not quite a pb (18 secs outside) but not too bad all the same. Enjoyable run regardless!

That's a ridiculous time. Well done.

Not been running long but think I'm gonna do the Scottish half marathon in September. Tried running as far as I could this afternoon and made it 10.8km in about 55 mins. It was leg day at the gym too though so hoping I'll do better next time. Got a long way to go (no pun intended). Not looking forward to the doms tomorrow :(

That's a really good time.

That's a ridiculous time. Well done.

Not been running long but think I'm gonna do the Scottish half marathon in September. Tried running as far as I could this afternoon and made it 10.8km in about 55 mins. It was leg day at the gym too though so hoping I'll do better next time. Got a long way to go (no pun intended). Not looking forward to the doms tomorrow :(

Thanks guys.

BTW Raw - GSR is in October now. The 5th to be precise. Which happens to be my birthday - so I will be celebrating my 30th by running a half lol.

Thanks guys.

BTW Raw - GSR is in October now. The 5th to be precise. Which happens to be my birthday - so I will be celebrating my 30th by running a half lol.

Yup, great time that. Just about 10 minutes quicker than me on Sunday (46.37), was hoping to run around 45 minutes but my back went very tight in the middle of Pollok park. I can't imagine ever getting near 40 minutes never mind your time.

I think my ultimate targets are 20 mins 5k, 45 mins 10k and 1 hour 45 min half marathon.

Thanks guys.

Think he might mean the Scottish half in Edinburgh in early September. Supposed to be an even faster route than the one in May.

My running is on hold for a bit.

I've been having hip pain and an x-ray has shown some damage so I'm booked in for an MRI Arthrogram next Friday. Not looking forward to it, it basically involves getting dye injected into the hip joint (ouch) before getting an MRI scan.

Ouch x2.

Hope this is one of those cases where a Dr is wrong. Stay well.

Cheers mate.

I got the scan done yesterday, getting the injection in the hip wasn't the most pleasant experience but probably not as bad as I feared.

Was warned leg would be sore afterwards but to be honest it's been nothing like the pain I've had after any of the marathons I've ran :lol: .

Hopefully get the results early next week.

I've not been very good at going the gym so the weight is piling on and the fitness has gone. I'm jealous of all the people on here who are able to run. Make the most it!!

Did 1 mile on the track on Monday in 5:43. Was chuffed to break 6 mins. also did the Long Jump (4.06) and Discus 19.20.

Just started back on training for middle distance last week.

10 x 400m, all between 80 and 85 secs with 90 secs rest in between and then 4 x 1k efforts all between 3:45 and 3:50, was hanging on the last one though.

Did 1 mile on the track on Monday in 5:43. Was chuffed to break 6 mins. also did the Long Jump (4.06) and Discus 19.20.

Just started back on training for middle distance last week.

10 x 400m, all between 80 and 85 secs with 90 secs rest in between and then 4 x 1k efforts all between 3:45 and 3:50, was hanging on the last one though.

Impressive stuff guys - well done!

18 mins 11 secs for me at Springburn Parkrun. Finished in 2nd place as well. Pretty pleased with that as it is an undulating course.

Just completed my first highland cross in 5.45. First athletic event in 15 years since I left school. With not a lot of training so feeling pretty chuffed.

Impressive stuff guys - well done!

18 mins 11 secs for me at Springburn Parkrun. Finished in 2nd place as well. Pretty pleased with that as it is an undulating course.

How undulating is undulating, Bishy - on a scale of 1 (Strathy) to 10 (Tollcross) ? :)

Was going to try it this weekend but got press-ganged into Pollok.

The first 5k I've actually timed and I managed to do it in 20 minutes. Is that a decent base to build off?

Nah. That's piss mate. Just give up. The world record is under 13 minutes.

(Just kidding, that's a cracking 5k time. One I could only dream of).

Yip. 12 minutes and 27 seconds.

Parkrun record is 13 minutes 48 seconds.

I can't confirm it, but I reckon they were both on skates.

That's absolutely ridiculous considering I was breathing out my arse keeping up the pace to be around the 20 minutes mark.