P&b Running Club

Get in there! My postal application for the Black Rock 5 has come through with a positive result. Delighted as missed the online application for the third year in a row.

Is it 5km or 5 miles? Not that it matters much, just like the idea of the run being pretty unique and challenging with running on sand/in water.

Also results in from the monikie 10km and finished 64/274 which I'm pleased with even if the time was slower than hoped. Top 50 next year!

Get in there! My postal application for the Black Rock 5 has come through with a positive result. Delighted as missed the online application for the third year in a row.

Is it 5km or 5 miles? Not that it matters much, just like the idea of the run being pretty unique and challenging with running on sand/in water.

Also results in from the monikie 10km and finished 64/274 which I'm pleased with even if the time was slower than hoped. Top 50 next year!

I think most runners times were a bit slower than hoped at Monikie due to the wind and mud in the wooded part slowing everyone down.Definite top 50 next time!

First ever 10k on Sunday.

Planning to go out running tomorrow night, swim on Wed then running again Thursday. Gentle parkrun to stretch out the legs on Sat morning before the big one on the Sunday.

Sub 50 would be immense but below 53 would be a nice target.

If I remember rightly, it's neither! I'm sure it's 4.5 miles - just wait for the hill at the end!

I must have been just ahead of you, watch time at 19:57 but official time of 19:59.

A second sub 20 for me, 35 seconds outside the PB but then I did run the 3 and a bit miles down to the race yesterday (and ran back).

I'm guilty of paying almost no attention to anyone else, can't think past the guy right in front of me that I got the same time as. Two seconds seems a big gap! Good effort - that's twice in the last few weeks now? I'm cycling there and back so doesn't take quite so much out of the legs as your run...same again this Saturday's the plan.

Good luck Razor. You'll hate it during and love it after, if it's anything like my first 10k!

Just been for a 6 mile run. Was horrible. Rubbish weather, felt rubbish just wasn't enjoyable. Not the best tonight.

I've got a slight niggle in my right thigh but I'm also having problems with my IT band beside my right knee. Anyone got any tips on anything to help either of these problems?

Still can't believe it's a week on Sunday until the marathon as well.

I'm guilty of paying almost no attention to anyone else, can't think past the guy right in front of me that I got the same time as. Two seconds seems a big gap! Good effort - that's twice in the last few weeks now? I'm cycling there and back so doesn't take quite so much out of the legs as your run...same again this Saturday's the plan.

Good luck Razor. You'll hate it during and love it after, if it's anything like my first 10k!

Sub 20 was my target for the year but I wasn't expecting to beat it as quickly and by as far as I did.

I'm heading down again this week - taking the bus down this time so I can have another go at a PB.

Well thats that then. Went out for 5 mile frun yesterday trying to build up for Edinburgh half and achillies pain again. Fucking sick. HAd 5-6 weeks off and was feeling fine and now this again. Away to cut my leg off. Absolutely gutted

Received this email from the Council regarding my enquiry about an outdoor gym in the Meadows:

Dear sjc

Regarding the e mail below and your interest in an outdoor gym in the Meadows, I can confirm we would like to put in a gym in the Meadows, but unfortunately don’t have the funding at the moment, but we are working on what grants might be available to fund a gym for the Meadows , I am also working with members of the Inch Park Sports club who are applying for a grant to fund a outdoor gym for Inch Park, this is still at an early stage , but if that funding is secured ,hoping to have in place in the Inch Park for 2015 .

Please get back to me if you require any further information at this stage.

I forwarded the email to TGO (the outdoor gym manufacturers) who sent this onto the Council:

Hi

I thought I would drop you a quick email because Mr sjc has informed me of the progress he has made to getting a TGO gym installed for your whole community to use J. We believe we provide the greenest, safest and strongest outdoor gym equipment on the market. We are recognised as the quality brand for outdoor gyms, so you won’t find better value for money equipment.

We have a fantastic range that we think your community will benefit from - see our 2014 brochure by clicking on the link. You will be able to download the PDF from this link but if you would like me to send it to you please let me know.

Our supply only prices for our packages can be found on our website here just click on the package you are interested in and the price will be at the top of the page. I have attached our supply, install and grass matting package prices to give you an idea of what a fully installed gym would cost.

I have also attached a funding document which might have some other options you could use to secure funding?

SAFETY - You may be considering different options and suppliers at the moment (don’t worry, we forgive you, we know it is standard practice for most J). But the differences between suppliers specification may not be clear. The MD of TGO, has been working on the standards of outdoor gyms with the BSI for over three years and will be on the steering group for the European outdoor gym standard.

The TGO team has put together the comparison document for you (attached) which impartially explain the key differences between BSI PAS888 compliant outdoor gyms, DIN compliant outdoor gyms and those not covered by a standard.

Download the TGO story presentation here – all the facts and figures about TGO outdoor gyms, including our record with customers. Show it to parks and leisure teams, community groups, local residents, schools and colleges, universities – anyone with an interest in outdoor exercise.

Hopefully all the information you need and more is within this email. Please have a good look through, and feel free to give me a call (01322 314 966) if you have any questions. I look forward to hearing from you J

This is a summary of TGO and why we are greener, safer, and stronger:

Greenest - We tree plant for every piece we install with the NHS Forest. We also have a new range that generates electricity from people’s workouts. Click here to see our latest green energy products and installs.

SafestWe are the ONLY company with outdoor gym equipment on the market suitable for both over and under 14 year olds, by complying to British Standards Institute (BSI) new specification for outdoor gym equipment – PAS 888, meaning all of our equipment is free from crush, shear, and entrapment points which ensures the safety of all equipment users and non-users (people near the equipment)! Read more here: http://www.tgogc.com/Why-Choose-TGO.Html#safer or see the comparison document attached.

Strongest – Our equipment is designed to be strong and make you strong:

All of our equipment is 100% designed, manufactured & assembled in the UK using British Kite Marked Steel & we are the ONLY company to do so, which also gives preference to UK workers! We load test our equipment to 2x the maximum user weight and 3x that of indoor gym equipment!

Our equipment has been designed by Fitness Professionals, Safety Experts & Royal Marine Personal Trainers. click here to view our how to use demo videos with our TGO Trainers Shanie & Tony who will go through each piece of equipment step by step, showing start and finish positions and giving you great tips and techniques to get fit.

Kind Regards

Im pretty new to doing any kind of running. Pretty unfit as well which doesnt help but been told by a few folks its the best way to drop some weight and build up my fitness. It's been pretty light so far with doing a 2k run on a treadmill after 2000m on the rowing machine. Any advise or tips for me making steady progress would be much appreciated

Thanks Rowan il take a look at it. Got the myfitness pal app just to keep track of calories etc but its a bit limited for tracking excercise