P&b Running Club

I've polished off my wholemeal pasta and chicken. Actually looking forward to tomorrow even though it's going to be a struggle.

Is it acceptable to listen to an iPod when running?

I've polished off my wholemeal pasta and chicken. Actually looking forward to tomorrow even though it's going to be a struggle.

Is it acceptable to listen to an iPod when running?

Damn right it is, just need to be aware of what's around you at certain times, but yeah whatever helps you power through.

The cheering and clapping makes for a decent soundtrack too : )

I see Scotrail are doing their best to f**k up as many runners' day as possible.

bunch of absolute cockwombles.

Saw that, was going to get the train but changed my mind last night. Bus at 8.30 instead, in town for 9.05.

first proper run this morning since Great North Run did 5.25 miles in 38m.25s which isn't the greatest pace but pleased to get through with no ill effects and new trainers on. Dunbar 10 miler on Saturday looks hilly but hopefully get a 75min finish time. Not trained properly in nearly three weeks though.http://www.dunbarrunningclub.com/

Dunbar run was as hard as anything I've ever done. Up hill (up to 800ft) for six miles. Last four was nice thoough. Respectable 1hour 11mins though but deed on my feet. at least knee held up http://www.flickr.com/photos/mactaylors/10107438484/ Here is me at top of the hill

Edited by marty_j

New pb for me this morning by the slimmest of margins - 38 mins 26 secs (old pb 38:28 in Paisley 10k) which was good enough to finish 60th. Very pleased with that!

Managed to pace my run much better as I was 19 mins out and 19 mins 26 secs back - my previous best was much more lopsided (18:20 or so and 20:08 roughly).

Really like the new course as well - think it is about 30 secs quicker than the old one.

1 hour 1 minute for me, chuffed as it was the 1st time I managed to go the distance. Never managed it in training. Had a great day, will deffo do it again next year. Yorkhill up by £250 too so its all good!

Need to invest in a GPS so I can record training runs better, my i-pod telling me I ran 11.8K which surprised me! Thanks to all on this thread, not a big contributer myself but take all the difference advice on board. Need to keep the running going now!

Done the 10k in 1 hour 10 mins. Pretty pleased considering it's my first 10k and I'd only managed 10k in training as well as going for a massive number 2 half way through.

52 mins for me. Delighted with that wish I hadn't put such a late time in the entry form though.

However a decent day, the crowding on the road coming back from the tall ship was horrendous though.

1 hour 1 minute for me, chuffed as it was the 1st time I managed to go the distance. Never managed it in training. Had a great day, will deffo do it again next year. Yorkhill up by £250 too so its all good!

Need to invest in a GPS so I can record training runs better, my i-pod telling me I ran 11.8K which surprised me! Thanks to all on this thread, not a big contributer myself but take all the difference advice on board. Need to keep the running going now!

Well done to all three of you - especially Reid and Scuzzy for completing your first 10k. You will both be running addicts like us in no Time.

Congrats on both the time and the fund raising too.

PB for me! 1:11:50 so under 72 minutes for the first time!

The crowding between 4-5k was very frustrating. I'm no speedster but I felt really held up there. Thinking what might have been had I had a clear run!

Well done everyone!

PB for me! 1:11:50 so under 72 minutes for the first time!

The crowding between 4-5k was very frustrating. I'm no speedster but I felt really held up there. Thinking what might have been had I had a clear run!

Well done everyone!

Amazing stuff!!! Yeah there was some frustrating crowding but who cares, a PB and finishing a big event. Suh-weet.

Amazing stuff!!! Yeah there was some frustrating crowding but who cares, a PB and finishing a big event. Suh-weet.

Yep, had enough left for a sprint finish which is probably what got me under my old PB, pretty chuffed.

Yep, had enough left for a sprint finish which is probably what got me under my old PB, pretty chuffed.

I tried to sprint at the 9km mark and was gassed, then at the 400m to go.

Felt like I had been sprinting for 5mins and up popped the 200m to go sign! It took a bloody age.