P&b Running Club

Half Marathon on treadmill tonight at around my supposedly 'easy' pace, with a quick toilet break after an hour. Time, not including said break was just under 1hr 37 mins. Was really hard going after the said short 2-3 min break - always find it hard to get going again after stopping!

Weather will hopefully be good enough for me to do a long outdoor run over the weekend or Monday night to allow me to make final decision re 10k or HM.

Half Marathon on treadmill tonight at around my supposedly 'easy' pace, with a quick toilet break after an hour. Time, not including said break was just under 1hr 37 mins. Was really hard going after the said short 2-3 min break - always find it hard to get going again after stopping!

Weather will hopefully be good enough for me to do a long outdoor run over the weekend or Monday night to allow me to make final decision re 10k or HM.

Out of interest what is it that will decide which race you enter?

Out of interest what is it that will decide which race you enter?

It is all about the time for me. If I think I have a chance to go sub 1hr 30 then I will do the half (although i would be relatively happy with anything below 1 hr 32). If not then I will be going for the 10k and attempt to pb again in that.

Tbh I am not a big fan of distances above 10km in races as I tend to get caught up in the race and belt it the whole way. Cannot do that over 21.1km lol.

It is all about the time for me. If I think I have a chance to go sub 1hr 30 then I will do the half (although i would be relatively happy with anything below 1 hr 32). If not then I will be going for the 10k and attempt to pb again in that.

Tbh I am not a big fan of distances above 10km in races as I tend to get caught up in the race and belt it the whole way. Cannot do that over 21.1km lol.

How close are you to a 1hr 32 based on the training runs just now??

And what would be the 10km time your aiming for?

How close are you to a 1hr 32 based on the training runs just now??

And what would be the 10km time your aiming for?

Hard to say as it has been solid treadmill training for the last few weeks - I would say it is possible though. 10k would be looking for sub 38.28 as that is the pb I set in Paisley earlier this year.

Hard to say as it has been solid treadmill training for the last few weeks - I would say it is possible though. 10k would be looking for sub 38.28 as that is the pb I set in Paisley earlier this year.

Wow that's a nice 10km rate.

You may as well go for the HM, the atmosphere and runners around you will probably carry you to that 1hr30.

Along with your natural talent too of course!

Bishy,

I think a target of Sub 1hr 30min is really quite conservative for someone that can do a 38.28.

You'll smash that target if you do the half.

Out tonight for the first time since Saturday, thanks to working stupid hours all week. Hopefully get in 13-15km tonight and the same again on either Saturday or Sunday morning.

Managed a fairly solid 10km in a few seconds over 50 minutes. Should have stayed out longer, but I seem to have a bit of a cold coming on, which is ideal when training for a distance I've not covered in about 5 years.

10km or HM this year??

Doing a HM over here, Luzern on the 27th of October. Should hopefully give me just about enough time to get some distance in before hand.

Edited by Ross.

Bishy,

I think a target of Sub 1hr 30min is really quite conservative for someone that can do a 38.28.

You'll smash that target if you do the half.

Agreed the runners world time calculator has you at sub 1hr 25 for the half marathon on that 10k time.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/general/rws-race-time-predictor/1681.html

I wonder how many of us are running the 10k/HM in Glasgow.

Be nice to put up the times we hope to achieve and follow it with if we beat them or not!

Ok let's start a list then.

I'm doing the Half. I'm undecided about whether to try for a fairly safe sub 1hr 36min time or to go for a kamikaze sub 1hr 30min time. I'll see how brave (or daft) I feel on the day.

Ok let's start a list then.

I'm doing the Half. I'm undecided about whether to try for a fairly safe sub 1hr 36min time or to go for a kamikaze sub 1hr 30min time. I'll see how brave (or daft) I feel on the day.

Ok, I'm doing the 10km with my brother(first timer) and while I hope I drag him through to under an hour I am aiming for 50-52 mins.