P&b Running Club

Another just under 5km up the hills yesterday, 24:45ish time wise. Should probably start adding a bit more distance again but I've been working 60+ hours a week for the last 6 weeks and have next to f*ck all spare time.

Felt fine until I played football on Tuesday night. Combination of the half marathon and not having played for months left me hobbling about at work on Wednesday with pain in my hip and glute - funnily enough, sympathy was lacking in the office.

I would have probably started with an recovery run. A few miles at about 50% effort to help the legs recover.

Went to my first Parkrun this morning, 22:27 unofficially at the Edinburgh run.

It was my first 'proper' run for six weeks out with IT band issues, so really happy with the time and managed a strong finish. Quite enjoyed it, I'll be back.

Went to my first Parkrun this morning, 22:27 unofficially at the Edinburgh run.

It was my first 'proper' run for six weeks out with IT band issues, so really happy with the time and managed a strong finish. Quite enjoyed it, I'll be back.

It was my second Parkrun this morning and I clocked myself at 22:30 so must have been right next to you at the finish. Great morning for it.

First Parkrun (and race in general) in six months at Pollok Park this morning following niggly groin injury. Got round in 19.42 or so. Around 50 seconds outside my course pb, but faster than I expected given time out.

It was my second Parkrun this morning and I clocked myself at 22:30 so must have been right next to you at the finish. Great morning for it.

Spookily close! I was given 96th across the line, started quite near the back. Where did you place?

It was a cracking start to the day. Not sure how many times I'll be up for the 40-minute bus journey each way to Cramond for a 20+ minute run, but I think I'll be along next week too.

I'm jealous, BishyTON. Sub-twenty seems a long way off.

Spookily close! I was given 96th across the line, started quite near the back. Where did you place?

It was a cracking start to the day. Not sure how many times I'll be up for the 40-minute bus journey each way to Cramond for a 20+ minute run, but I think I'll be along next week too.

I'm jealous, BishyTON. Sub-twenty seems a long way off.

They gave me 89 so maybe I was a bit off with the time on my watch. Official times should be out soon so will know for sure then. Seems a well run event so I'm going to try and get along regularly. Helps inspire me to cut down on Friday night boozing as well.

Spookily close!  I was given 96th across the line, started quite near the back.  Where did you place?

It was a cracking start to the day.  Not sure how many times I'll be up for the 40-minute bus journey each way to Cramond for a 20+ minute run, but I think I'll be along next week too.

I'm jealous, BishyTON.  Sub-twenty seems a long way off.

It may seem that way, but your times can fall fairly quickly. In 2010 I was doing 5km in about 22 mins, which reduced to around 20 mins in 2011 and then late 18 mins in 2012.

You will get there is the end!

Another one coming back after a lay off. Mine was a result of being a lazy b*****d though.

First run this morning easy pace 5k with some core strengthening exercises afterwards. Hills runs planned for tomorrow - that will be a challenge.

Managed the hill runs this morning but barfed after hill 6.

Nothing like easing yourself back into it!

Fairly gentle 5 miles tonight. Feeling good. Might either try a hill or two or attempt some speed work tomorrow provided I still feel that way by the evening.

Is there a website that tell you all Scottish half and full marathons? My dad said there is a HM in Dundee next month?

Try this

http://scottishrunningguide.com/race_listings.php

The jog scotland website also has an events page

and finally this

http://www.halfmarathonlist.co.uk/scottish-half-marathons.php

Diamonds2002 - What's prompted you to resume training? Have you got any races planned?

I have put on a stone and my work suits are too tight to be comfortable. I may do the glasgow half but the new date isn't great for me.

I have put on a stone and my work suits are too tight to be comfortable. I may do the glasgow half but the new date isn't great for me.

I'm the exact same. If I don't run then the weight just piles on.

Did you see that they have changed the route of the Glasgow half?