P&b Running Club

First proper run since the end of November, managed 5k in 25:42. Started fairly slow as I expected to struggle but felt much better than I expected and ended up finishing at a decent pace. With the snow just about gone and the temperature returning to numbers above 0c next week I hope to get back below 24 minutes in the next couple of weeks then work on hitting 22 minutes on a regular basis by the end of April. Will see how it goes.

Good to see you lads keeping it going. Iv still been running but for some reason iv just not been feeling it. Have to force myself to go out. Need to book a race or something. Ran 10 miles today in two parts. 10.5km this morning followed by 7km before an hour of fives. Don't exactly know why I'm running. No goals in mind at the moment.

I've got the Glenlivet 10k in April and Edinburgh HM in May, so just starting to ramp up the training. I'd been quite enjoying the Parkruns and 30 minute runs but going to need to slow down to concentrate on distance now.

Strathclyde parkrun this morning was cold, wet and windy. I was back in the house before I had the feeling back in my fingers properly. My times are getting slower not faster which is very frustrating.

I missed Saturday morning based 1 ) on the weather 2 ) being knackered from loads of runs 3 ) doing a long run sunday

Glad I missed it but Sunday's run was also cancelled due to lying snow (which melted soon after it was cancelled!) so feeling guilty about a run free weekend.

Steady 12.2 miles in 1:31:13. Was a good run with little wind and some sun although pretty chilly. Hadn't done a long run in a while and didnt wear the correct undergarments. This led to some chafing on the sack around 10 miles. Could have done another few miles but played it safe. Reckon I would be good for a half marathon on the back of this.

Done 8 miles this morning,first run for a week or so after a wee injury,what a bloody slog it was,i was breathing through my @rse from the start,wasn't helped by a stiff northerly in the face for 4 miles.I was only a couple of mins slower than usual,but it felt like a lot longer,hope that's just a one off bad run out of the system.

Anyone else have runs from hell for no reason?

Bring on the spring :)

Done 8 miles this morning,first run for a week or so after a wee injury,what a bloody slog it was,i was breathing through my @rse from the start,wasn't helped by a stiff northerly in the face for 4 miles.I was only a couple of mins slower than usual,but it felt like a lot longer,hope that's just a one off bad run out of the system.

Anyone else have runs from hell for no reason?

Bring on the spring :)

My only runs from hell are ones like young_bairn experienced above, where I get bollock-chafing.

Though, I must have tough bollocks, I suffer the chafing on the inside of my thigh, the bollocks are chafe-free 8)

My only runs from hell are ones like young_bairn experienced above, where I get bollock-chafing.

Though, I must have tough bollocks, I suffer the chafing on the inside of my thigh, the bollocks are chafe-free 8)

I get both. Must take the sandpaper out of my shorts at some point.

I get both. Must take the sandpaper out of my shorts at some point.

Vaseline everywhere is the only sure fire prevention lol.

I've been running home from work to our new house 2-3 times a week, 3.5 miles which is further than I've run in ages. Did it from my other work on Saturday which was about six miles.

If I go out during the week I do a circuit of just under 3 miles. Am going to start increasing the distances, can feel I'm getting used to it.

These distances are a bit puny compared to some but I've not really been running properly until the last few months and am quite a sturdy chap so don't want to mangle my knees.

I've been running home from work to our new house 2-3 times a week, 3.5 miles which is further than I've run in ages. Did it from my other work on Saturday which was about six miles.

If I go out during the week I do a circuit of just under 3 miles. Am going to start increasing the distances, can feel I'm getting used to it.

These distances are a bit puny compared to some but I've not really been running properly until the last few months and am quite a sturdy chap so don't want to mangle my knees.

Doing the right thing. They say you should gradually increase distance ( if you want to) by 10% per week. This should prevent any over use injury.

Yesterday I ran a quickish 10k in 42:53 and today 10k in 44:32. Even though iv not raced for a while im keeping on top of things. Too much alcohol, stags and holidays getting in the way of proper training and racing.