P&b Running Club

My race pack arrived today. Just how shit is the t-shirt?

Did you get the white one or the blue one? Not that it really matters, they're both pretty crap.

Interesting that a running event sends a t-shirt that's impractical for running in. Though not entirely, I used my last years one in the winter over a long sleeved top on cold days, as I have very few light-coloured tops, to wear on murky days or in the dark. They're waaaay to heavy to wear in even half-decent temperatures though.

Did you get the white one or the blue one? Not that it really matters, they're both pretty crap.

Interesting that a running event sends a t-shirt that's impractical for running in. Though not entirely, I used my last years one in the winter over a long sleeved top on cold days, as I have very few light-coloured tops, to wear on murky days or in the dark. They're waaaay to heavy to wear in even half-decent temperatures though.

I got the white one. I'll put it in a cupboard and maybe wear it if I do some decorating some day. I suppose I shouldn't moan because I never entered to get a t-shirt but it seems like a waste.

The t-shirts that the Edinburgh Marathon gave out are brilliant (The 2011 one was made by Asics).

Edited by Ziggy

Out again this morning, thunderstorm here through the night and the temperature has dropped a fair bit. Managed a fairly challenging run just short of 5k, pretty much 2 laps of the local b*****d of a hill. Happy enough with it given the first few runs a attempted over here I struggled to get up and down it once. Hope to eventually get to the stage where I can manage 5 laps, which I reckon would work out around 10k when I take into consideration the distance from the house to the start of the hill. Plenty of work to be done to get to that stage mind you.

Just entered the City of Stirling 10k on the 16th September. Any other P&Bers doing this one?

I am hoping for a sub 42 minutes as it's a quick course but not counting my chickens.

Managed 42:12 on the treadmill today. I am hoping if I concentrate on some speed sessions between now and then I should be close on the day.

Just entered the City of Stirling 10k on the 16th September. Any other P&Bers doing this one?

I am hoping for a sub 42 minutes as it's a quick course but not counting my chickens.

Managed 42:12 on the treadmill today. I am hoping if I concentrate on some speed sessions between now and then I should be close on the day.

I think I'll enter on payday. I did the route a few years ago and enjoyed it, although I'm not as fit as I used to be. Only bad thing about it is that the last kilometre has you going past the sewage works. Lovely!

Since moving to Shieldhill my 10K route is ridiculously hilly so I've no idea what time I'd achieve on the flat. Currently doing a route with 180m of elevation in around 55 minutes.

Would be happy with any time under 50 mins, I'm nowhere near as fit as I used to be.

I've ran twice in the last week.

On Saturday I ran Pollok Parkrun (badly). Went off way too quick, really struggled through the 4th k but then managed a not bad finish after I finally crawled up the last hill (I hate that hill).

My run tonight was the last before the Half. I did 8 miles at 7min 20sec pace, but there's no way I could maintain that pace for 13 miles.

Good luck to everyone on Sunday.

Just signed up for the Stirling 10k bar the parkruns it will be my first race so looking forward to it. I get back from honeymoon on the 13th so not too bothered about what time I complete it in as I probably won't be doing much running for the next few weeks.

Just signed up for the Stirling 10k bar the parkruns it will be my first race so looking forward to it. I get back from honeymoon on the 13th so not too bothered about what time I complete it in as I probably won't be doing much running for the next few weeks.

Take your trainers with you. I am sure your wife will be supportive :lol:

Ran 10 miles today on the dread mill in 1:12:33. Actually quite enjoyed it for a change. Had some good tunes on and had the gym to myself so just plodded away.

Just signed up for Strathcarron hospice 10k (fun run) on the 7th October. Never ran it but according to the website it has been going for years. I thought about going to the Bupa 10k in Edinburgh on the same day but decided this would be less hassle.

You sure about that? I know I could run a half under 7.20m/m, but no chance could I run 8 miles outside a race at that pace.

I know what you're saying......and I maybe could maintain that kind of pace but the truth is I'm not brave enough to try. I've gone off too quick in a half before and it was torture.

I'm going to set off about 7.40 per mile and then see how it goes. I'd be absolutely delighted if I could manage any time below 1hr 40m. That would be a huge PB for me.

I know what you're saying......and I maybe could maintain that kind of pace but the truth is I'm not brave enough to try. I've gone off too quick in a half before and it was torture.

I'm going to set off about 7.40 per mile and then see how it goes. I'd be absolutely delighted if I could manage any time below 1hr 40m. That would be a huge PB for me.

I am also aiming for below 1.40, my pb for 10km not in a race is 45.10 so it is going to be tight!

Take your trainers with you. I am sure your wife will be supportive :lol:

Ran 10 miles today on the dread mill in 1:12:33. Actually quite enjoyed it for a change. Had some good tunes on and had the gym to myself so just plodded away.

Just signed up for Strathcarron hospice 10k (fun run) on the 7th October. Never ran it but according to the website it has been going for years. I thought about going to the Bupa 10k in Edinburgh on the same day but decided this would be less hassle.

Already got them packed in the case 8)

We got married on a Friday and I was at the Clyde game 24 hours later so I don't think she'll mind me going the odd run while we are away.

Was looking at the Strathcarron 10K as well the Bupa one is a bit pricey at £26.55 especially when there is another 10K at the same venue on the 21st Oct which is only £15.

Good luck everyone for Sunday. Be interested to see how everyone does against target times. Realistically mine is to not slow to a walk at any point, but if I can get round in 2 hours I'll be ecstatic. So from the ones I can see:

Fernandosmonobrow - 0:43:00

HM

Kenzie - 1:30:00

fannypaddery - 1:40:00

ziggy - 1:40:00

DiscoDuck - 1:59:59

Jamie beatson - ?

Boghead Ranter - 1:59:59

Diamonds 2002 - ?

Any others?

Edited by Disco Duck

Good luck everyone for Sunday. Be interested to see how everyone does against target times. Realistically mine is to not slow to a walk at any point, but if I can get round in 2 hours I'll be ecstatic. So from the ones I can see:

Jamie beatson - ?

Boghead Ranter - ?

Diamonds 2002 - ?

Any others?

2 hours is my target time, I'll be very happy to be anywhere under that. I've got £580 in the bag for Cancer Research, so my main focus is earning that, but beating target time too would be smashin'.

Echo DD's thoughts, good luck all, and I hope we all enjoy it.

Jamie beatson - ?

Boghead Ranter - 1:59:59

Diamonds 2002 - ?

Any others?

I'm aiming for sub 43 in the 10k.

Would much rather be aiming for 1.33 in the half though sad.gif