P&b Running Club

I've been sticking with the parkruns with 14 completed so far. Volunteered this weekend at Strathy parkrun, was one of the marshalls which was easy enough was interesting to see all the planning that goes into one of these. Got quite a lot of thanks from the runners on their way past which I must admit I've never thought of doing.

Running 5k in around 31 mins now which is crap compared to the times on here but been knocking 10 to 20 secs off my time at each run.

I've been sticking with the parkruns with 14 completed so far. Volunteered this weekend at Strathy parkrun, was one of the marshalls which was easy enough was interesting to see all the planning that goes into one of these. Got quite a lot of thanks from the runners on their way past which I must admit I've never thought of doing.

Running 5k in around 31 mins now which is crap compared to the times on here but been knocking 10 to 20 secs off my time at each run.

I have been a marshall at Falkirk park run twice now. I find the Park Runs very friendly and there is always good little battles going on between some of the regulars. Iv neglected my 5k to focus on larger distances but I feel good to break the 20 minute mark at the moment. I don't know why, I just feel my running is going well at the moment. Hopefully make it along in a few weeks to see If I can achieve it.

10 miles done on the treadmill today in 75 minutes. Easy :D

So how do you train to run 1/4 mile, carrying a 2-foot flaming object, without getting lifted? blink.giflaugh.gif

"Dear Dougie,spacer.gifWe are delighted today to confirm your place on the Olympic Torch Relay. You have made it through the selection process, you have passed background and security checks, and you will have your moment to shine as a Torchbearer carrying the Olympic Flame!

We have done our upmost to make sure that you carry the Flame within an hour from the home address provided with your nomination. Your slot is in Falkirk on 13 June 2012. Please note, this is non-transferrable. We will let you know the time and exact location approximately four weeks before the day of your slot.

You are now part of the London 2012 team. We will be in touch soon... congratulations again,

The London 2012 Olympic Torch Relay team"

So how do you train to run 1/4 mile, carrying a 2-foot flaming object, without getting lifted? blink.giflaugh.gif

"Dear Dougie,spacer.gifWe are delighted today to confirm your place on the Olympic Torch Relay. You have made it through the selection process, you have passed background and security checks, and you will have your moment to shine as a Torchbearer carrying the Olympic Flame!

We have done our upmost to make sure that you carry the Flame within an hour from the home address provided with your nomination. Your slot is in Falkirk on 13 June 2012. Please note, this is non-transferrable. We will let you know the time and exact location approximately four weeks before the day of your slot.

You are now part of the London 2012 team. We will be in touch soon... congratulations again,

Nice one! Gonna flog your torch on eBay afterwards?

Awesome!

Brilliant Boghead Ranter! One of my pals has got a section in Deeside :) I'm gonna try and organise a busload of pupils from school to go watch her :)

Garioch 10k was a bit of a disaster. It wasn't my worst run by a long shot, but I was flying (for me - 8:16 first mile, 8:18 second) until the 2 mile mark when my hip started to get sore. Had to slow down and just get to the end. Crossed the finish in 57:29 :( Still under the hour, but a bit disappointed.

So we now know Boghead ranter is a goody two shoes :P

What did you do to get nominated and selected?

for 15 years work coaching basketball the underpriveleged kids of Dumbarton, then a further 8 or 9 years coaching basketball in Grangemouth when I moved through here, and for the last couple of years the charity work I've done between running and making a twat of myself in Movember.

for 15 years work coaching basketball the underpriveleged kids of Dumbarton, then a further 8 or 9 years coaching basketball in Grangemouth when I moved through here, and for the last couple of years the charity work I've done between running and making a twat of myself in Movember.

Good man

Stick at it - it will come

Ran the Alloa half yesterday, in a touch over 95 minutes. Wish they had put the mile markers in the right place <_<

Great time that.

In Tyneside they have neglected the nominees that have won a gold medal, ran every great north run, been part of a sporting organisation for over 40 years, or even been a pillar of the commuity for people that are normally drunk, daughter of a person who claimed over £50K in fraudulent benefits.

Ran 3.3 mile last week in 23 mins 15 secs. Done a pyramid session on the track. Tonight it was 500m efforts on the hills in pairs, then a wee bit of hills for fun.

Change of focus coming .. doing some tripple jump and then a wee bit of running on Thursday.

Got 6 mile X-C run on Sat and then the 6 mile sport relief run on Sunday,

Bring on the pain!

In Tyneside they have neglected the nominees that have won a gold medal, ran every great north run, been part of a sporting organisation for over 40 years, or even been a pillar of the commuity for people that are normally drunk, daughter of a person who claimed over £50K in fraudulent benefits.

take it that's a person they chose? Strange, as I've just had to sit on the news for over 3 months, while LOCOG carried out the "necessary security and clearance checks" to try and avoid negative stories like that.

Yesterday did 9.7k X-C race in sweltering conditions in 44mins 54 secs. This is the course that has a monster of a hill, that you have to go up twice!

Today I did the 6 mile Sport Relief run. I set a PB and did the 6 miles in 40mins 52 secs, which is 4mins of my 10K PB. Wonder what I could have done if I had not had the X-C race yesterday?

It's now time to focus on the track and the Edinburgh Half.

This week I will be doing 800m efforts with 200m recovery on Tuesday.

Then 200m Hard/Easy on Thursday.

Long run at the weekend, thinking 10 miles.

I can't even imagine putting myself through those runs back to back Neefie, you're off your head.

Also ran the Sport Relief 6 mile in Edinburgh today, in 43:50 which was much faster than I had hoped. My only equivalent run outside of training was over 52 mins for the Great Edinburgh run last October, though I'd managed sub 50 in training before.

Got the Kilmathon next Sunday (13.1km) then onto the Edinburgh Half Marathon in May. Lots of fun ahead.