P&b Running Club

Even though you scudded my PB by 9 seconds, still felt compelled to greeny you. Well done.

:lol: cheers mate. The course was a a bit hilly on the way out so downhill on the way back (did 25:30 then 22:50) so was pleased with myself.

Not in as much pain as I thought I'd be today, despite my flatmate trying to kill me by doing weights and sit up exercises after I got in!!

Just back from my weekly run, and while it wad good, I'm a tad frustrated after it.

Over the last four weeks, my times have been 48mins, 45mins, 47mins and 49mins. Two of those were pushing myself a bit, and two were really pushing myself. However, I can't help but feel I've hit a virtual wall with my times. I'm unsure how best to reduce my times further all-the-while improving my fitness as well.

Yon Dave258 has suggested that upping my once-a-week run to twice-a-week would help, so I'm considering that. Although as we all know from the events of the last week, trusting anyone associated with Rangers may be foolish. :P

So can anyone advise if this suggestion is indeed advisable?

Also, the last two weeks of running, I seem to have developed a pain in my side. Kind of between the midriff and the top of the arse-bone (excuse such vulgarity) on my left side. Pelvis, perhaps? Has anyone else experienced this, and what could it be?

Any musings, thoughts or advice on any of the above would be much appreciated.

I am really going to have to save all my info and mail everyone that asks aren't I?

One long run a week will get you acustomed to running to running that one distance at that pace.

You either run longer to build stamina.

You either run shorter and faster to build speed.

This week I took part in the 3.3 mile race. Did 2.5 laps at a steady pace. I did half a lap at a faster pace. Still ran 23:46.

On Thursday I did a 6 x 400m. Each effort was done within 75 secs.

My running is coming on well. 14km knocked out in just under 1:10. I've also lost about half a stone since the new year, so very happy all round.

Aiming to do the Alloa Half in under 1:45, so I'm well on target for that.

Well done Gaz. Soon get it back.

Iv been offshore for the last week and a bit so running is a chore this week. Cant wait to get home and hit the roads again. Entered a 15km race next Sunday over in Kincardine. I cant wait!

Threads a bit quiet?

Ran the Devilla Forest 15km race yesterday in 1:06:46. Was a mixed surface race over single track trails, forest fire roads and a little Tarmac. Course description said flat but there was plenty of hills. Pleased with my time as under 1:10:00 was the target :)

Done my groin last week playing 5's so had to lay off the running.

Had been running from my gaff to the missus place 3 times a week, 7.5k approx and generally running with a few kg extra in a bag on my back. Averaging around 43 minutes which is a bit disappointing, but I figure if I run without the bag I should be a wee bit faster.

Hopefully back into it in the next few days as the leg is feeling much better.

Another injury victim here, a pulled hamstring last Sunday. I'm heading out for a hopefully quick 10k tomorrow in preparation for the race I'm doing on the 10th. Aiming to fit in another two 10k's by Wednesday next week to give me a few days recovery time, then going to knock my pan in to try to reach 46ish minutes on the actual race day.

Did a hill session on Tuesday.

Haven't trained since due to a bereavement in the family. I will be back tomorrow coaching/training.

I did not do the English National X-C this past Sat.

I will do running at Alnwick in the Harrier League on Saturday.

Sorry to hear that.

Another injury victim here, a pulled hamstring last Sunday. I'm heading out for a hopefully quick 10k tomorrow in preparation for the race I'm doing on the 10th. Aiming to fit in another two 10k's by Wednesday next week to give me a few days recovery time, then going to knock my pan in to try to reach 46ish minutes on the actual race day.

Yeah, so after a chronically bad day at work this turned into a visit to the pub instead. Oh well. 5s tomorrow so will get a good run in on Friday.

Where is good to track the distances you run?

I'm really looking for a route-planner website or the likes. I.e Type in two places and it tells you what the distance between them is.

I don't have an app. or anything, nor do I have a 'Nike+ whatever they're called', I'd just like to track my distances a bit, as I'm going to start changing my runs after the advice given of late in this very thread.

Where is good to track the distances you run?

I'm really looking for a route-planner website or the likes. I.e Type in two places and it tells you what the distance between them is.

I don't have an app. or anything, nor do I have a 'Nike+ whatever they're called', I'd just like to track my distances a bit, as I'm going to start changing my runs after the advice given of late in this very thread.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/