P&b Running Club

Nice one diamonds. What does the handicap entail? Legs are tight today so day off. Park run tomorrow. A pb would be nice. Been a while.

Basically I think it works the same as a golf handicap. It takes the results of your races and works out where you sit on the handicap rating

http://www.runbritainrankings.com/

For the parkrun results to be taken into account you just need your barcode number

About to tackle this mysterious nearly 10k that our man shakehands tom talks of, given that its a Friday i think the hardest challenge will be sacking it halfway and going to the pub :lol:

Well it's a challenge that we've successfully completed now, isn't it Dave?

That was a good run, and glad I managed to knock another minute off my time. (With some encouragement required, I must add!

:lol:)

ETA: And it wasn't even that mysterious, was it?

Edited by ShakehandsTom - DFC

Well done guys

My legs were tired today after ref'ing and playing 90 mins last night.

Dragged myself on the treadmill with a slight incline and done 27.04m for 3.5miles and another mile on the same incline in 7.38m

Feeling good for a swally tonight :)

Well done MIF, you seem to be improving quickly! :)

I'm going to do 8 miles or so this weekend I think. Bringing the distances up again. Would quite like to get back up to 13 mile distances again in the next couple of months. Not bothered about times at the moment.

Too right its completed. I ran another couple of km back to my bit after as well, legs are like jelly now. 11km in 55 mins or so though, I'll take that. I'm having a tub of ice cream and a weekend on the piss as a reward for exercising my arse off this week :)

Well I'm having a weekend on. Got 12K X-C race in Pontefract.

Pyramid session up hill on Tuesday. Got out of bad at 7am to do that in the cold and dark.

Easy session on Thursday - 10 x 200m @ 5k pace.

Weights on Mon and wed..

Rest today and Sunday.

Up the wieghts on Monday and 10 days hard training!

I've been away for 12 days visiting family and friends. It's been a lot of beer, pizzas and general laziness.

Back on the running roads again on Monday and have a feeling by 400metres I'll be buggered and I was doing so good upto 2wks ago.:unsure:

Training going well. A solid 40-minute steady run last night and my first Parkrun since October this morning. Still getting back into it and finished at 25:01, almost four minutes (!) off my personal best. Will aim to be under 24 minutes by this time next week.

Completed the 12K X-C course in 60mins35secs. I am slightly disapointed that I did not brake the hour barrier that i was hoping for. I felt strong and compfortable except for about 1k on the last lap, but I recovered and got myself back up to speed. Averaged just over 5min per km and 8min per mile.

Tempo run tonight at running club. Did 3.6 miles averaging at just under 9 mins/mile which is fast for me! Mile 2 and 3 were both 8:49 mins exactly. Fastest miles I've done this year.

Nothing compared to you lot, but I'm improving. :)

Clocked up another 9 or 10km tonight with my mate, think we're gonna make running a regular thing. Knocked it out in about 50 minutes and still had some left in the tank so was quite pleased. Got one or two races in mind (10k in march and 12k in may) but will need a lot of speed work to get myself in a position to run a respectable time.

Might go out for a small, quick run tomorrow if i feel ok then back out on Friday with Shakey.

Did my first tempo run in ages this morning. I had previously been going too fast with these and then having to drop my pace but having just read an article about them in runners world i now get the purpose of these and went at a better pace this morning.

Feeling really positive about things - long slow run tomorrow to see out the week