P&b Running Club

Treadmill again and I done 3 mile in 23.13m! That's 2mins 2 secs faster! I didn't expect that but managed to run the full way.

Came off it and went back and done another mile but could only do it in 8.25m.

I really think I will struggle to beat that time tbh.

Still not done any road running yet so still a false time really.

Sticking in and buildin on it though :)

Had a great run last night, fantastic night for running. Did just over 8k, tried out a new strategy (recommended by a mate of mine who's run for Scotland) of taking it really easy for the first mile or so, then ramping the pace up.

My fastest 2 km's were my last 2, and (by my standards) I was going like a train at the end, & felt brilliant.

Some of the less-used pavements were a bit 'sparkly' and slippy, which was a bit disconcerting, but at least I didn't have to swear at the wind!

Negative splits are the way forward, Boghead! Well done! :)

My hip has recovered overnight (must have just been achy muscles) so running club is ON tonight. Wonder what torture they'll be inflicting on us tonight?!

Some of the less-used pavements were a bit 'sparkly' and slippy, which was a bit disconcerting, but at least I didn't have to swear at the wind!

I was out first thing on monday morning and I was running over a bridge which was in a similar state. I was struggle to kick my feet but could stop either - not very elegant but I managed to stay upright.

TRUE STORY.

Anybody run with falkirk Victoria harriers. I quite fancy going along to their training tonight as its just across the road from me. Can you just turn up and join in.

I e-mailed them in the summer of 2010, when I quit basketball and decided to get back into athletics, to ask about joining up, but their reply was, to be polite, less than encouraging. In fact it was downright dismissive. Must be plenty of members and finds sloshing about that club.

The worst line was along the lines of "contact me back when you're able to do 5 miles + in *canny remember amount of time*.

Since then, I've just used the advice of 2 mates who are very good athletes and trained myself.

I hope you get a different response.

Anybody run with falkirk Victoria harriers. I quite fancy going along to their training tonight as its just across the road from me. Can you just turn up and join in.

I would contact the Jog Scotland group first that run from Grangemouth Stadium. All really friendly and some of them run with the Harriers too. they will tell you best approach.

Well I went along and the guys were very welcoming. Straight in there with Hill Reps/intervals. 7 times in total. Total distance covered was 13km including warm up run and cool down run. This was exactly what I was looking for. Recommend them if you are in the area. Going to go along to the track session on Thursday night.

Well I went along and the guys were very welcoming. Straight in there with Hill Reps/intervals. 7 times in total. Total distance covered was 13km including warm up run and cool down run. This was exactly what I was looking for. Recommend them if you are in the area. Going to go along to the track session on Thursday night.

That's great, restored my faith in amateur sports clubs. maybe the person who corresponded to me just wasn;t that great at written communication (or just lacking in people skils).

That's great, restored my faith in amateur sports clubs. maybe the person who corresponded to me just wasn;t that great at written communication (or just lacking in people skils).

Possibly mate. This was the road running group so a god mix of abilities. There was a younger guy who was miles ahead and he is training for a sub 3 hour marathon. On the other scale there was several people slower than me. I think there may be a more athletic group who do more track and field events so maybe that is who you were speaking to. Anyway I will be training with them again as it is certainly better than plodding about yourself.

That's great young_bairn - I'm glad you went for it. :)

We did Indian files again tonight, but I got a stitch 2 mins into the run (what the actual f**k is that about?) and just kind of plodded along a bit averaging 9:34 per mile over 3.5 miles.

Cheers folks.

I went out for my long slow run today and clocked up my longest run to date. Just over 12 miles (19.79km) in 1:39:18. Perfect conditions really. Nice chill to the air and no wind. My calf muscles were tight before I went out from training the other night but didn't struggle to badly. I was planning on doing some more training tonight but can't see it now. The last few km's were a bit painful.

Garmin Clicky