P&b Running Club

Well after a storming run on Saturday I was wiped out all day Sunday. Aching Monday.

Tuesday was the 1st race in our club monthly handicap series. First race was the scratch race. 52 runners took part and I finished a respectable 20th with a time of 23mins04secs over the 3.3 mile course. I beat RunGeordieRun by 4 mins!!!!

DId a 300M session in pairs with 2 sets of hurdles set out. Did 20 mins. I managed to keep all laps between 65-70 secs.

This weekend I have a long run planned on Sunday, about 5 mile.

The next 2 Saturdays I have X-C races, both on courses I enjoy!

I was a pencilled in for a return to running tomorrow but I've been sidelined with a heavy cold. On top of that, it looks like Nizzy is now cheating on me with young Gaz.

Boooo!

I didn't actually take part this morning. I turned up at the park at just after 9:28 to see the last of the tail-runners disappear behind the trees at the lake. They must have started it a couple of minutes early this morning, which I'm pretty annoyed about.

Was at the Strathclyde parkrun this morning, struggled big style as the hangover was just kicking in. One of my workmates ran the Strathclyde parkrun with us so am going over to the Falkirk parkrun in a couple of weeks, which is her local, just how bad is the hill at Falkirk?

I didn't actually take part this morning. I turned up at the park at just after 9:28 to see the last of the tail-runners disappear behind the trees at the lake. They must have started it a couple of minutes early this morning, which I'm pretty annoyed about.

I always head up early for a warm up so never noticed the time on my watch.

New pb by 2 seconds :) its the hills that are doing me in. Can keep a sub 20 min pace up on the flat but it takes me time to recover again after the initial climb and heart break hill. Might try Edinburgh next week as I believe its flatter.

Was at the Strathclyde parkrun this morning, struggled big style as the hangover was just kicking in. One of my workmates ran the Strathclyde parkrun with us so am going over to the Falkirk parkrun in a couple of weeks, which is her local, just how bad is the hill at Falkirk?

It is a hilly run. After the first flat km there is a steady climb for another km. Heart break hill is about 3.5kms in and it is hard. My pace drops to nearly quick walking and it takes a minute after it to vet my stride back. What is strathy like?

strathclyde is flat for the full 5k so a good run to get a pb. Only issues are it floods easy so parts of the course are muddy and there is about 4 water jumps around the 2.5k mark which you can either run in the mud to get round or just plough right through them. I run through them but ur feet end up soaking so ur best bringing a spare pair of socks. There can be a strong wind of the loch as well which is a pain at times.

I did the Strathclyde parkrun on Saturday. I thought I absolutely belted it and had an image of me smashing my PB by MINUTES. I nearly barfed at the end. I had pushed myself and it felt good.

The adrenaline started to subside and I thought about the run I decide that I probably hadn't hit the 17 minutes something mark that my race brian was envisaging but I could well have taken probably at least a minute of my PB. At this stage a sub-40 10k would easily in my grasp.

So to the evening when I eagerly log into my email account - Anger, Denial, Sadness and finally Acceptance. To my dismay I was 7 secounds slower than my PB.

Two weeks of taking it easy and beers on a Friday night make you think that Blowing oot your archie at the end of a race =/= a fast time.

Edited by diamonds2002

I always head up early for a warm up so never noticed the time on my watch.

New pb by 2 seconds :) its the hills that are doing me in. Can keep a sub 20 min pace up on the flat but it takes me time to recover again after the initial climb and heart break hill. Might try Edinburgh next week as I believe its flatter.

Completed my first Falkirk Parkrun in 26 minutes. Hoping to get that down now I know what to expect. In saying that, I'm just glad of the exercise; the time is secondary to me. I did manage to beat the 14-year-old who took part, though. Huzzah!

It is a hilly run. After the first flat km there is a steady climb for another km. Heart break hill is about 3.5kms in and it is hard.

I so want to do this parkrun!

I did the Strathclyde parkrun on Saturday. I thought I absolutely belted it and had an image of me smashing my PB by MINUTES. I nearly barfed at the end. I had pushed myself and it felt good.

So to the evening when I eagerly log into my email account - Anger, Denial, Sadness and finally Acceptance. To my dismay I was 7 secounds slower than my PB.

Two weeks of taking it easy and beers on a Friday night make you think that Blowing oot your archie at the end of a race =/= a fast time.

Do a couple of sessions where you more reps of a shorter distance faster than your 5K pace. To run faster you need to train faster.

Completed my first Falkirk Parkrun in 26 minutes. Hoping to get that down now I know what to expect. In saying that, I'm just glad of the exercise; the time is secondary to me. I did manage to beat the 14-year-old who took part, though. Huzzah!

I get beat by an 11 year old all the time. It's ok - I've helped train him to get that fast.

The adrenaline started to subside and I thought about the run I decide that I probably hadn't hit the 17 minutes something mark that my race brian was envisaging but I could well have taken probably at least a minute of my PB. At this stage a sub-40 10k would easily in my grasp.

This happened to me in a 10k I did a couple of months ago. I put it down to training for the longer distance, therefore training at a slower pace. I've made it up again pretty quickly though.

Take a look out your window, then let it sink in that this statement was made just FOUR days ago.

To paraphrase Trainspotting, it's shite being a Scottish runner.

I know, it's hellish isn't it?! Going to have to look out my full-length leggings for tonight! Booooo