P&b Running Club

I stood on a plank of wood with a nail through it that sunk deep into my heel on Saturday so any thought of running's gone right out the window.

The prospect of a marathon place and the renewed interest in the Nike+ stuff should get me back out running as soon as it's healed up though.

I stood on a plank of wood with a nail through it that sunk deep into my heel on Saturday so any thought of running's gone right out the window.

The prospect of a marathon place and the renewed interest in the Nike+ stuff should get me back out running as soon as it's healed up though.

:ph34r:

fook!

:ph34r:

fook!

It didn't hurt until I looked down. I was faced with the decision of sitting at Stirling A&E or sitting at TFS. Either way I was going to end up miserable ;)

Edit: My spelling is dreadful today.

Edited by Thundermonkey

I've signed up for a 10k race in September, my first ever 10k race! It's the Moray Marathon one.

Nice one! I'll be doing the Stirling 10K this September. It's quite a flat course, I did it in 2008.

Anyone on here do the Bleep test often, or at all?

My brother gave me a download of it and went out earlier tonight, and I did it twice - First time I score 10.7 and second time was 10.1.

What's a good score to be getting on this?

Is it a good break away from HIIT?

Went out for a run when I got home from work there, start of my new fitness regime (just hope this one lasts). 2 miles in 19 miles, didnt think this was too bad fr my first time running in a while. Also used my Nokia sports tracker which is similar to the Nike iPod thing, think anyone with a Nokia phone that has GPS can download it.

Anyone on here do the Bleep test often, or at all?

My brother gave me a download of it and went out earlier tonight, and I did it twice - First time I score 10.7 and second time was 10.1.

What's a good score to be getting on this?

Is it a good break away from HIIT?

Level 10 Shuttle 1 should be about 47 VO2 max (the volume of oxygen you can consume while exercising at your maximum capacity) which is what it's actually measuring in relation to your fitness. Go to http://phoenixmartialarts.tripod.com/id19.html to check the level you want to be at for your age, fitness level, etc. Might give you something to work towards. However, just make sure you're actually running the correct distance measured out or you will be getting inaccurate results.

I wouldn't necessarily use the bleep test as part of your programme, it's great for fitness obviously, but it's probably more effective used as an every-so-often measurement of your progress. If you use it too often you might become disengaged and lose your performance. It's hella boring.

Not so much running tips, but a losing weight tip?I know that you can't really choose to lose weight on your body, but, does anyone have any tips for losing a bit on the stomach and the moobs?I'm down to 12stone - 5ft 10 and want to ideally geto 11 and half stone, and am quite slim but just need a bit of the tittys gone.any good exercises or programs to work on the breasts?

Not so much running tips, but a losing weight tip?I know that you can't really choose to lose weight on your body, but, does anyone have any tips for losing a bit on the stomach and the moobs?I'm down to 12stone - 5ft 10 and want to ideally geto 11 and half stone, and am quite slim but just need a bit of the tittys gone.any good exercises or programs to work on the breasts?

No, you can't. Fat loss occurs where your genetics say it will occur - you can't spot-reduce fat in a particular area of your body.

No, you can't. Fat loss occurs where your genetics say it will occur - you can't spot-reduce fat in a particular area of your body.

It's incredible how many times you'll have to repeat this. :lol:

• 1 month later...

4 miles down this morning. Has anyone got any tips for running into the wind - my 2 miles out were great - turned around to come back into the wind to get home again and struggled the whole way. I struggled to breathe which is really no use for running!!

Cumbernauld 10k in September anyone? Missed it last year but looking to get back in the swings of things soon

I did this 2 years ago - decent enough course (although pretty bleak surrounding for some of it) - one gripe about it was they piped in the north lanarhshire provost - Tom Curley - which held up the start and was a bit of a waste of money! Too close to the Glasgow 1/2 for me this year.

4 miles down this morning. Has anyone got any tips for running into the wind - my 2 miles out were great - turned around to come back into the wind to get home again and struggled the whole way. I struggled to breathe which is really no use for running!!

I think it's just a case of close your eyes and hope for the best (I find the eyes watering more of a problem than the breathing).