P&b Running Club

Cheers for the help. Also, do running trainers make a big of difference? (Stupid question, I know.) I'm guessing they will just help with comfort. I've just been using astro trainers at the moment so was considering purchasing a decent pair. Yeah the braes is a kent! By the time I hit Slamannan I instantly regret the run :lol:

Go to a running shop and get fitted for them - they will tell you what kind of support you need (if any) and recommend the best type of shoes for you.

Got my foot fitted and my Nike+ runners last week with attachment. Wee-bairn I was the same as you as I did my running with my indoor footy boots but with a proper pair of runners its much comfier and less pressure on your legs and also your times will go down a fair bit because of it.

Have been playing squash a few times a week for a few months now. Decided to go for a run tonight, probably a couple of miles at the most. Have no interest in running any great distances but I will mark out my course and get times done on it. I must admit that I stopped a few time on the way round tonight. The first running I have done in many years.

I am only wanting to keep fot for playing squash really but although I can hammer away non stop for an hour of squash I found running a bit harder. Will measure the circuit and report back with times as and when. I will just blast round the route as fast as I can really.

Picked up the Nano from the PO this morning so will get out once I finish my work to calibrate it then go out a run later this evening.

Set myself a goal of running 800km by the end of the year :ph34r::lol:

About to buy some iPod stuff - can anyone point me towards the cheapest place to get the following online:

Nike+ sports kit (I think this is pretty much £20 everywhere)

iPod Nano armband (tons of different ones to choose from - any recommendations?)

Trainer pouch/pocket thing (again, tons to choose from)

Cheers,

Jamie

About to buy some iPod stuff - can anyone point me towards the cheapest place to get the following online:

Nike+ sports kit (I think this is pretty much £20 everywhere)

iPod Nano armband (tons of different ones to choose from - any recommendations?)

Trainer pouch/pocket thing (again, tons to choose from)

Cheers,

Jamie

I'd head to TK Maxx (pot luck) or a Nike outlet store (small choice) to get cheap Nike+ clothing. I have a long sleeve top with a slim pouch in the wrist for my nano. I have a pair of shorts with the same nano pouch on the leg.

Full price stuff is pricey though. Less annoying than strapping some velcro to your arm.

Broke both my 10k and 5k PBs in the last couple of days. Got my 10k time down to 46:08 and my 5k to 21:00. Astonished at the 10k time considering I was struggling to break the 50 min barrier at the start of the month.

Broke both my 10k and 5k PBs in the last couple of days. Got my 10k time down to 46:08 and my 5k to 21:00. Astonished at the 10k time considering I was struggling to break the 50 min barrier at the start of the month.

Great effort. :)

That is indeed an incredible jump in a short space of time.

Silly question, but does all of this work on treadmills?

I'm getting back into the gym as standards have slipped a bit recently. Going to get my fitness back up to what it was last June when I ran a treadmill 10k in 48 minutes. Right now I'd struggle to burst the hour mark but within a couple of weeks I'll be heading back in the right direction.

Silly question, but does all of this work on treadmills?

I'm getting back into the gym as standards have slipped a bit recently. Going to get my fitness back up to what it was last June when I ran a treadmill 10k in 48 minutes. Right now I'd struggle to burst the hour mark but within a couple of weeks I'll be heading back in the right direction.

GET OFFA MY TREADMILL!

The Nike stuff would work if you run on a treadmill but won't the treadmill tell you how far and how fast you have ran anyway?

Right then. Just leaving to go do a long one at Strathclyde park - 3 times round today. This is gonna be hard as I was struggling on yesterdays run. Think I'm needing to lay off for a day or two after this.

Cant find my fuppin stopwatch either. :angry:

Thats just under the 12 miles mark - good work

Anyone running the Glasgow Half Marathon on Sunday?

Was signed up for it. But injured my knee. 'Runner's knee'? Ran about 100 miles before getting my running shoes checked out. Needed support for over-pronating (sp?). Just been swimming for exercise at the moment. Also bunged up with the cold, so I'll be missing out :-(

Good luck to all that's running!

The problem with treadmills is that there mechanics means that they do some of the work for you. Running outside is a bit harder

You've got no forward propulsion on a treadmill whereas running outside you have to propell your body forward.

How long should a good pair of running trainers last? How many miles, I mean.

I suppose it depends on your stride, weight, where your feet connect with the ground....