P&b Running Club

Yep, but Stirling is a nice place, and Cumbernauld isn't :)

I wholeheartedly agree but as the original response was to a Clyde fan I thought a more local one would be worth a mention. Although your might record a quicker time running through Cumbernauld.

I wholeheartedly agree but as the original response was to a Clyde fan I thought a more local one would be worth a mention. Although your might record a quicker time running through Cumbernauld.

Ah, of course. I see :)

I'll need to defend Cumbernauld here, I work in Cumbernauld, and run there regularly at lunchtimes. Broadwood Loch is included in the run I think which is nice. The area there is reasonably flat with a couple of challenging hills, and of course the stadium to finish at for the Bully Wee fans to get excited by! lol!!!

I don't know the route precisely, but I've spotted the advertising for it at the Stadium.

I am doing it via the school, will look into the Cumbernauld one though.

Ran the Helensburgh Half Marathon two weeks ago and finished in 1:24:20 which was a PB by 18 secs.

Hope to get under 1:23 at the Glasgow Half....... although I believe that the start now takes you up the hill on St Vincent Street due to the Bothwell Street ramp currently being closed......

Paisley 10k in 2 weeks and Stirling 10k the week after the Glasgow Half.

The Irvine 10k this Wednesday is a fast course I believe - not sure if I'll be able to run it however.

Ran the Helensburgh Half Marathon two weeks ago and finished in 1:24:20 which was a PB by 18 secs.

Hope to get under 1:23 at the Glasgow Half....... although I believe that the start now takes you up the hill on St Vincent Street due to the Bothwell Street ramp currently being closed......

Paisley 10k in 2 weeks and Stirling 10k the week after the Glasgow Half.

The Irvine 10k this Wednesday is a fast course I believe - not sure if I'll be able to run it however.

You just love when this thread bubbles back to teh surface so you can show off. :P

They are some pretty impressive times. Whats your PB for the 10k so I can judge how piss I am in comparison

You just love when this thread bubbles back to teh surface so you can show off. :P

They are some pretty impressive times. Whats your PB for the 10k so I can judge how piss I am in comparison

I post my times not only so I can show off but also to try and inspire others. If I can do it then so can others. :P

I ran the Glasgow Half Marathon in 1:46 two years ago and hope to do this years in under 1:23. That's a big jump in 2 years..... and its all down to hard work and lots of training (and losing some weight).

As for the 10k, I ran the Paisley 10k in around 46 mins 3 years ago. My current 10k PB is 37:08 which I did at Dumbarton in June. I ran the MHFS 10k at Bellahouston in 37:10 a week and a half later and finished 16th out of around 2,500 runners. :P

My target for this year's Paisley 10k is sub 37 mins. I'm hopeful. I just ran a 5.5 mile tempo on Thursday lunchtime at 6.10 min/mile pace, ie equivalent to a 38 mins 10k..... and that was my target half marathon pace.

The thing is, my target last year for a 10k was sub 40 mins and I did it by 8 secs at the MFHS 10k..... and I thought I was dying at the end and that was as fast as I could go. A year later and I've knocked almost 3 mins of that time..... and now run back to back sub 40 min 10ks while doing a half marathon!

What has helped me is that the group I train with at lunch times at work contains 6 guys who can all run faster than me. One can run a 10k in under 33 mins. Its good to do quality training with top notch runners.

My one big disappointment was burning and crashing in the last 6 miles at the Edinburgh Marathon this year. Target will be 2:50 next year. A winter of tough training lies ahead. :ph34r:

Edited by Captain_Sensible

I post my times not only so I can show off but also to try and inspire others. If I can do it then so can others. :P

I ran the Glasgow Half Marathon in 1:46 two years ago and hope to do this years in under 1:23. That's a big jump in 2 years..... and its all down to hard work and lots of training (and losing some weight).

As for the 10k, I ran the Paisley 10k in around 46 mins 3 years ago. My current 10k PB is 37:08 which I did at Dumbarton in June. I ran the MHFS 10k at Bellahouston in 37:10 a week and a half later and finished 16th out of around 2,500 runners. :P

My target for this year's Paisley 10k is sub 37 mins. I'm hopeful. I just ran a 5.5 mile tempo on Thursday lunchtime at 6.10 min/mile pace, ie equivalent to a 38 mins 10k..... and that was my target half marathon pace.

The thing is, the group I train with at lunch times at work contains 6 guys who can all run faster than me. One can run a 10k in under 33 mins.

My one big disappointment was burning and crashing in the last 6 miles at the Edinburgh Marathon this year. Target will be 2:50 next year. A winter of tough training lies ahead. :ph34r:

That's shite mate,

I saw a wee bird run it in 30 minutes at the olympics today. :P

Edited by orlandoblue

I've done the Glasgow Half Marathon 3 times, my best time being 1:37 in 1999 (when I was young and fit!).

Before this week I hadn't run in ages, but did a 3-miler on Sunday then a 5-miler on Wednesday.

Trying to get in shape to run the Inverness Half Marathon in March. The last two Glasgow ones I have done were very crowded. Inverness will be a lot less busy :)

In an attempt to get myself sorted post holiday booze and eat fest (where over the week previous to the holiday, the 2 week holiday and the 2 weeks after where I endulged in notgivingashitedness and managed to put on 10 (yes, TEN) pounds), I have got back on the straight and narrow.

Unfortunatley I work in different towns/cities every day, which means long days and little opportunity for excercise. However I managed to run from Govan, where I was today, back to Baillieston and it was HARD going. Unfortunately it took me through some of the shittiest areas in Scotland. Govan, Kingston, Gorbals, Bridgeton, Parkhead, Shettleston. Mutants of every creed abounded.

Still, done the run, happy now!

Has anyone applied to do the London marathon or indeed anyone already secured a place?

I had hoped to qualify for the London Marathon by running Edinburgh in sub 3hrs.... but failed. So its EDinburgh for me again next year.

The two pals I ran Edinburgh with both qualified for London though. One ran Edinburgh in 2:58 and gets straight into London while the girl (I say girl but she's 37!) who ran it with us not only qualified for London but has got a place in the Championship race at London next year by running 3:09 at Edinburgh. Women get into the vets category at 35 while men have to wait until they are 40 and they also get an extra 15 mins! I'd have needed to do Edinburgh in sub 2:45 to get into the Championship!!

That's shite mate,

I saw a wee bird run it in 30 minutes at the olympics today. :P

The speed these folk run at in the Olympics is min boggling. Indeed, the mens marathon will see the runners run at 30 min 10k pace for the equivalent of more than 4 10ks back to back! Sun 5 min / miles for the whole 26 miles! I can't even run a single 5 min / mile! :o

The speed these folk run at in the Olympics is min boggling. Indeed, the mens marathon will see the runners run at 30 min 10k pace for the equivalent of more than 4 10ks back to back! Sun 5 min / miles for the whole 26 miles! I can't even run a single 5 min / mile! :o

Fucking hell, that's incredible. I actually never realised they were going at anything like that pace!

Fucking hell, that's incredible. I actually never realised they were going at anything like that pace!

I was looking at some of the world records for the longer distances and times have been done is really unbelievable. My first ever 5k was only a couple of minutes faster than the world record for the 10k.

Captain - your times certainly give me hope - I am confident that a sub 50 min 10k on saturday is possible but would like it to be nearer the 45 min mark and ultimately I would love to be getting a sub 40 minute 10k (if that is only 3 years away - I would be over the moon).

I've managed to get back to going to the gym since I got here.

Averaging 30 mins on the treadmill mixing laps of 7 pace and laps of 15.

Doing this every second day and wearing a body armour top under my own one which makes me sweat even more.

I've lost around a stone in a month and still going, hoping to sign up for boot camp next month which involves 4 sessions of an hour per week down on the sand dunes.

If I can shift another stone between the gym and the boot camp I'll be fucking delighted.

I can already feel the difference.

Another way to look at is they are covering 100m in 18 seconds which sound pretty slow but then you consider in a marathon they will cover 100m 420 times!! :o

I've not been out running as much as i'd like recently. I changed jobs in June and I need to find time to fit running into my schedule. I did run the Broadwood 5k last Thursday night and finished in 20:18. Slightly disappointed not to go under 20 (I did 19:51 last year) but it's probably not surprising given my lack of training recently.