P&b Running Club

I have now ran 269 miles in the last 31 days since I returned to training from injury. I suspect that will dwarf what you have done Thundermonkey! :P

I did an 18 mile run on Sunday morning in just over 2 hrs and 6 mins, averaging 7.01 minute miles - and I felt comfortable.

I have ran a further 27 miles since then and managed to run from my work in Glasgow to Paisley Gilmour Street Station last night (7 miles exactly) in 49 mins and 14 secs (7 minute miles approx)..... and that was an 'easy' run.... and I'd ran the 7 miles into Glasgow in the morning!

The only single miles I have done have been part of an interval session. Last Tues I ran 4 one mile intervals with 60 secs rest between each. I did them all in under 6 minutes with the quickest being 5.50. Also ran 3 ten minute intervals at sub 6 minute mile pace last Thursday lunchtime...... this after running the 8.5 miles into work. Easy! I was back out for a double session on the Firday. B)

Target is now 2 hrs 50 mins for this year's Edinburgh Marathon. Going by last year's results, that may get me in the top 25 (out of about 3,500).

Catch me if you can. :D

Edited by Captain_Sensible

Guest Second Coming
I have now ran 269 miles in the last 31 days since I returned to training from injury. I suspect that will dwarf what you have done Thundermonkey! :P

I did an 18 mile run on Sunday morning in just over 2 hrs and 6 mins, averaging 7.01 minute miles - and I felt comfortable.

I have ran a further 27 miles since then and managed to run from my work in Glasgow to Paisley Gilmour Street Station last night (7 miles exactly) in 49 mins and 14 secs (7 minute miles approx)..... and that was an 'easy' run.... and I'd ran the 7 miles into Glasgow in the morning!

The only single miles I have done have been part of an interval session. Last Tues I ran 4 one mile intervals with 60 secs rest between each. I did them all in under 6 minutes with the quickest being 5.50. Also ran 3 ten minute intervals at sub 6 minute mile pace last Thursday lunchtime...... this after running the 8.5 miles into work. Easy! I was back out for a double session on the Firday. B)

Target is now 2 hrs 50 mins for this year's Edinburgh Marathon. Going by last year's results, that may get me in the top 25 (out of about 3,500).

Catch me if you can. :D

A marathon is the last thing you are needing ya skelf.

I'm very pleased for you. Not as pleased as I was with my 9 mile run on Sunday but there you go :rolleyes:

Have you got the Nike+ stuff Sensible? If so then I'm more than happy to add you (then you can be the best at all the challenges ;) )

Had a look today but my web access at work is backward and I don't have the flash player required. I may have a look at home tonight if I remember.

If you do you'll be able to join some more challenging events against folk all over the world.

The only challenge I'm interested in is sub 3 hours at Edinburgh this year. I aim to demolish that target. :D

An easy 44 min 10k jog back to my mum & dad's tonight to get the car and pick up the kids before I put my feet up to enjoy Barcelona humping Celtic whilst I demolish a sweet & sour chicken carry out. :D

Guest Second Coming

Who?

If you are geniunely interested I could take you to school on the nutrition aspect of fitness, its more important than the excercise itself!

Guest Second Coming
Where the hell has this aggression come from? On the steroids?

:lol: Not at all, I'm what they call au natural. A mixture of passion and protein combined to form a fitness warrior.

Out of interest, are any of you taking supplements?

Creatine causes me to get compartment syndrome - so I give it a miss.

I am in tune with the nutrition aspect of my training btw..... its just that I like the odd chinese / indian carry out. ;)

Another cause of compartment syndrome is intravenous drug injection, Paisley boy :P

Guest Second Coming
Creatine causes me to get compartment syndrome - so I give it a miss.

I am in tune with the nutrition aspect of my training btw..... its just that I like the odd chinese / indian carry out. ;)

One cheat meal a week is my rule of thumb, along with some alcohol.

Creatine is good stuff, just don't take it on a regular basis. They advise you 3 months on 1 month off in a cycle. Don't listen to any of those jacked up hippys that tell you to go through a loading phase, absolute rubbish.

One cheat meal a week is my rule of thumb, along with some alcohol.

Creatine is good stuff, just don't take it on a regular basis. They advise you 3 months on 1 month off in a cycle. Don't listen to any of those jacked up hippys that tell you to go through a loading phase, absolute rubbish.

Unfortunately I was getting compartment syndrome when taking it - generally hitting me after a days rest. The scientific evedince of gains from creatine for long distance runners is scant anyway.

I appear to be getting faster by losing weight. I've lost half a stone since Xmas and whereas I found 7 minute miles over, say 8 miles, hard work before Xmas, now it feels easy. I am aiming to lose another two or three pounds to get my BMI closer to 21 (in line with the guys I train with at work) and then a 2.50 marathon is on.

Edited by Captain_Sensible