P&b Running Club

So anyway... I bought this Nike+ thing last week, and woke up at 7am last Wednesday fully intending to go for a run, looked out the window and the rain and wind and thought "f**k this." By 6 o'clock that night I was in my bed with a cold coming on. Floored for 2 full days, I have the worst immune system in the land.

However, I mapped out a rough 3km run on some web site thats like google maps, and am just back in 14 minutes 18 seconds. Given that this is the first excercise i've done in months, and the first run in about 6 months I think this is ok.

The Ipod is brilliant, and Lance Armstrong congratulated my on my performance :lol: Just after the 2km mark there's a fairly prolonged incline (about 2 fucking degrees but prolonged for me) and I was thinking to myself "thank f**k this thing doesn't record your speed." Once i'd connected up it took me 2 seconds to work out what the valley shaped dip in the line was :lol:

Still, very happy and the kit will stand me in good stead for actually getting out of bed in the morning.

What kind of earphones does everyone use. I can't get any to stay in my lugs.

Senheisser Sport OMX 70

Senheisser Sport PMX 70

I have both of these, the OMX 70 ones are my preferred option, good sound and they are pretty snug in my lug holes. There is quite a good range of Senheisser Sport headphones, they all come in that 'funky' grreen though.

The Ipod is brilliant, and Lance Armstrong congratulated my on my performance :lol: Just after the 2km mark there's a fairly prolonged incline (about 2 fucking degrees but prolonged for me) and I was thinking to myself "thank f**k this thing doesn't record your speed." Once i'd connected up it took me 2 seconds to work out what the valley shaped dip in the line was :lol:

Still, very happy and the kit will stand me in good stead for actually getting out of bed in the morning.

You get Lance Armstrong or Paula Radcliffe when you acheive a milestone.

When I look at my runs the line starts out fairly horizontal then drops right down halfway. Then it rockets back up as I realise I'm never going to make it back home in my target time :rolleyes:

When I look at my runs the line starts out fairly horizontal then drops right down halfway. Then it rockets back up as I realise I'm never going to make it back home in my target time :rolleyes:

That sounds very familiar!! Hehe, last mile always rockets up, do you use powersong?

Hey guys, I should be joining you all soon, just bought a new pair of nike+ trainers today and should get a hold of the kit for the weekend. Not a serious runner, have done half marathons and intend doing a marathon this year, I'll add my details on Thursday if I'm up and running by then.

looking forward to it.

That sounds very familiar!! Hehe, last mile always rockets up, do you use powersong?

Not yet. Last night was the first time I tried music (and only for the last 0.5 mile) and you still get distance/time updates whilst the music plays. I've been making up a playlist last night that I should finish tonight. Then I've got to work out what my powersong is going to be.

Good to see some more folk getting involved. I'll stick some new challenges up here at the weekend, starting the week after that so everyone is up to speed with the Nike+ stuff?

Edited by Thundermonkey

Did 2 miles today and pretty impressed with the equipment!

I may need to rig it into the insole of my football boot for P&B Select games! I don't think anybody would be up for carrying the iPod within 60ft of me all the time though!

That's 3 confirmed and 8 maybes :) That's a better response than I'd hoped for.

I'll get a couple of easy challenges set up tonight (private so they are P&B exclusives) and post the details, sending out invites to the usernames that we have so far. I'll make the start date Sunday 17th of Feb (just over a week).

Feel free to set more challenging targets.

Most Miles in a Month

P&B Sprint Star

OF vs The Diddies (I know there are some Rangers supporting Nike+ runners out there)

Invites out to Watty and Scottybarr. If you want to get involved get your Nike+ username posted or PM it to me.

Or throw down your own gauntlet and challenge other (My username is Thundrmonkey, feel free to add me).

Guest Scofield

Decided to save a few quid and get it from someone for my birthday. Could I join in a couple of weeks or does it have to be now for it to work?

Decided to save a few quid and get it from someone for my birthday. Could I join in a couple of weeks or does it have to be now for it to work?

Nah, I can add you to these challenges whenever. Just start your own when you're ready and I'm sure we'll all join in as well.

Got my gear delivered this morning. I think I've added you Thundrmonkey but I'm not too sure, still got to familiarise myself. Just done 3k there to try it out, seems pretty decent. My nikename is davyashy, would you be able to add me to the challenges?

Added.

Up to 4 now.

8.81 mile run today, sports massage yesterday worked v good, hamstrings now feeling alot less tight :) Eases off on the pace today also, 1 hour 15 mins, perfect morning for running, i smell spring!!!