P&b Running Club

Get your username down so we can get some exclusive P&B challenges up and running.

Username: THUNDRMONKEY

P&B Sprint Star - fastest mile

P&B 100 Club - 1st to 100 miles

P&B Group Run - All runners complete 50 miles.

If you fancy it post or PM your username and I'll sign you up. This way we avoid guys from the Gambon (3 miles in 16 mins) and Japan (over 29 miles in 2 days) signing up and beating us all :lol:

Edited by Thundermonkey

I would be interested but need some more info e.g. what is the nike running club

It's the P&B Running Club and if you have Nike+ then it doesn't matter where you are, you can still join in. Since everyone on P&B come from all over the place the Nike+ system enables folk to run 'together' virtually, compete in the same challenges and acheive the same milestones and targets.

If you have Nike+ running gear then you can join exclusive P&B running challenges and create your own. All you have to do is post or PM your Nike+ username and I (or whoever has set up the challenge) will sign you up. Then it doesn't matter if you're in Berwick or Dingwall, Gourock or Dundee - you can still run with or against fellow P&Bers.

Im interested in joining this. How much are these Nike+ shoes anyway, they sound good. I do running anyway but have always wanted to know the distance and speed etc of what I run, so does these Nike+ tell you all this on your iPod?

If you set the nike + to a certain distance will it automatically tell you when you are half way (in order to do a prompt about turn) or do you need to set this up manually aswell.

If you set a distance, time or calorie target it gives you updates. I measure my runs in miles and it updates every half mile. It also tells you that you are at the halfway point. You can choose between a male or female voice.

If you acheive a milestone - fastest mile etc Paula Radcliffe or Lance Armstrong congratulates me :):rolleyes:

Im interested in joining this. How much are these Nike+ shoes anyway, they sound good. I do running anyway but have always wanted to know the distance and speed etc of what I run, so does these Nike+ tell you all this on your iPod?

Tells you your time, distance, pace and calories burned.

Sensor and transmitter come in at £20 and there are bargains to be had on the trainers online (from £45 I'm sure I've seen). Or you could buy the little pouches/pods for attaching the transmitter to any shoe.