P&b Running Club

2 hours ago, true_rover said:

I picked up a pair of Nike Invincible 2s in the outlet shop a month or so ago for under £40(!) - definitely won't be running fast in them but feel like running on a cushion if that suits you.

Yeah it's just for my long runs, I yoyo'ed like mad last year but have been fairly consistent so far this year but had to cut short my run on Sunday due to it. Will check them out thank you. 

On 23/02/2023 at 11:03, morrison said:

No one doing anything interesting for the last few months, then?!

I'm in for the National XC in Falkirk on Saturday. Slightly nervous as it's my first time doing it for 6 years. Praying for a calm, sunny couple of days ahead after seeing the mudbath it was last year.

Best of luck, missing my weekly Parkrun due to that being on this weekend. Undecided whether to try Plean or somewhere else tomorrow 

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/02/2023 at 12:44, Central Belt Caley said:

Best of luck, missing my weekly Parkrun due to that being on this weekend. Undecided whether to try Plean or somewhere else tomorrow 

Did you head for Plean? Only ran there once and got lost! Fun course, though.

The cross country was pretty tough but really good conditions last week. Paced it well and managed a quick final kilometre once the last steep hill was out of the way. Big turnout - could barely move on the first lap!

The Scallys at Glasgow Green looked good today. Didn't make it down but my Strava's full of it. Anyone here run it? (I know at least one did!)

15 minutes ago, morrison said:

Did you head for Plean? Only ran there once and got lost! Fun course, though.

The cross country was pretty tough but really good conditions last week. Paced it well and managed a quick final kilometre once the last steep hill was out of the way. Big turnout - could barely move on the first lap!

The Scallys at Glasgow Green looked good today. Didn't make it down but my Strava's full of it. Anyone here run it? (I know at least one did!)

I did, was very soft under foot at parts so had to take it easy and was more trails than I was used to but enjoyed it! Paced it horribly and found it much more difficult than Falkirk. It is a fun course though! 

Doing a 10k at the Falkirk wheel tomorrow which was postponed from the Queen dying in September. Signed up for the Round the houses 10k in Grangemouth in April so tomorrow should give me a good idea of what time I should aim for. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just signed up to run the half at the great Scottish run, never ran in an organized event before, saying that ive never ran more than 10k before and that was in the back of beyond on my own. will maybe need to get to some parkruns or other events before so i dont get carried away with seasoned runners and blow out too soon (oo-er) 

I did the Great Scottish Run a few years back (last one before covid), it's a great event with a good atmosphere around it. Also the novelty of running across the Kingston Bridge - after you've been battered by the hill right at the start.

Not been running since mid February as I did my ankle again, almost exactly a year after breaking the same one). Doesn't seem to have broken this time but pain still isn't away. Tried running a fortnight ago and it was very sore the morning after, tried again last night and did a mix of running and walking depending how sore it was. Looks like I'll be sticking to the exercise bike for a bit longer, although the noise it's making it's just a matter of time until it falls apart.

On 21/03/2023 at 21:03, BigBo10 said:

Anyone on here ever suffer from recurring calf injuries? If so, any tips on how you sorted the problem?

Yes, and sorry but, no. I still pull my calf muscle every so often. 

The only advice I can give is stop running as soon as you get the slightest twinge.

• 4 weeks later...

Done the Round the Houses 10k today  and got round in under 50 mins so delighted with that as that was my initial goal! 

Knee started playing up from about 3km onwards and was starting to struggle badly towards the end. Few days off to let it rest and I’ll get back to it and decide what my next race is soon. 

Tweets from the person promoted to third place are fantastic

https://news.sky.com/story/scottish-ultrarunner-disqualified-from-race-after-tracking-data-gave-away-her-unsporting-secret-12860623

I once shared a track with the runner in question at a training night and managed to keep up with her - for about the first 20 metres. Not sure I'd have fared any better with a car.

2 hours ago, Stu said:

https://news.sky.com/story/scottish-ultrarunner-disqualified-from-race-after-tracking-data-gave-away-her-unsporting-secret-12860623

I once shared a track with the runner in question at a training night and managed to keep up with her - for about the first 20 metres. Not sure I'd have fared any better with a car.

Not sure I believe the wanted to drop out and cooperation with the race organisers statement - that coming from someone well involved in community running is pretty disappointing - you wouldn't pose for photos and take your prize before you're found out.

2 hours ago, true_rover said:

Not sure I believe the wanted to drop out and cooperation with the race organisers statement - that coming from someone well involved in community running is pretty disappointing - you wouldn't pose for photos and take your prize before you're found out.

Real "only sorry I was caught" vibes from this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65322631

9 hours ago, Stu said:

That is pathetic and quite sad. Feck knows how she thought she was gonna get away with that.

Edited by keptie

Remarkable run from Hassan, given she looked on the verge of pulling out after 10 miles or so. To stretch off two or three times and dig in like that, and then the water bottle stoppage at nearly 25 miles...to then still have enough I'm the tank for a big finish! Such an impressive debut.