P&b Running Club

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Nice! Which one? I actually enjoy half marathons (when I'm fit) and assuming my legs don't fall off in Alloa. 

Luss, my mate talked me into it, then dropped the bombshell its mainly uphill. Gives me something to aim for. I actually enjoy running when I do it, it's getting the motivation to get off my arse thats the struggle 

27 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Luss, my mate talked me into it, then dropped the bombshell its mainly uphill. Gives me something to aim for. I actually enjoy running when I do it, it's getting the motivation to get off my arse thats the struggle 

Surely it's got downhill bits as well? Luss seems a strange place to have a HM. Wouldn't have thought there was room!

Doing far more treadmill running than I would like. Used to go into the forest near where I stay first thing on a Wednesday and Sunday morning and the occasional Friday. Since Storm Arwen the trails have been shut (one has reopened but that was hard enough in daylight, let alone with a head torch) so the treadmill it is. Not a huge fan, slightly better on a Sunday when I have MOTD an the EFL highlights to watch.

Would be good to get back to some races this year but goodness knows what will happen with Omicron.

Have signed up to do 50 miles in January for charity. I'm not a runner by any means but have kept at it the past few months. Generally been doing 2 or 3 5k's per week but hoping to complete a 10k at some point this month. 5k has been my limit as I tend to get bored when running more than anything else - I'm hoping that having a goal to complete will give me a bit of motivation to push on a bit.

As an aside, I was out last week and my earphones packed in within the first 5 minutes. I can only assume that the fact I could hear myself breathing let me pace myself better but my 5k time was a good bit quicker than it has been in a while.

Fair play to those NYD parkrunners. Wasn't happening for me!

I finished marcothon and straight into RED January. If I manage it, it'll be my longest running streak.

Nothing lined up until Stirling in May, so short term I'll probably try to work on my speed a little bit.

Also, if anyone knows of a half marathon in mid-late February, I'm interested.

Pretty much managed to keep running outdoors without having to resort to the treadmill this winter (was on it once and that wasn't fun). Not signed up for anything yet but decided not doing anything longer than 10ks now but said that before. Parkrun about to come to Arbroath shortly so will be doing that whenever i get the chance. @Stellaboz you got your mojo back yet?

Edited by keptie

Pretty much managed to keep running outdoors without having to resort to the treadmill this winter (was on it once and that wasn't fun). Not signed up for anything yet but decided not doing anything longer than 10ks now but said that before. Parkrun about to come to Arbroath shortly so will be doing that whenever i get the chance. [mention=27442]Stellaboz[/mention] you got your mojo back yet?
Nut. Was away on holiday from 22nd December until last night. Drank every day and the one day I went to go running, it was icy AF.

However, I was hitting the gym regularly before I left and I have a rough plan of attack for a more rounded workout routine and a less rounded figure!

On 01/01/2022 at 21:42, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Surely it's got downhill bits as well? Luss seems a strange place to have a HM. Wouldn't have thought there was room!

Thats the route there, basically starts and finishes in Luss and rest is up Beinn Dubh and surrounding hills. They've just built a new car park in Luss so assume that will be the start/finish point. 

Screenshot_20220103-185614_LDT Together.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ballot for the Great North Run opened this week so stuck my name in. Haven't done it before but thought I'd enter seeing as they moved the finish to the city centre last year - then discovered it's back to South Shields!

Best part of £60 too which is a bit pricey for a half marathon.

Ballot for the Great North Run opened this week so stuck my name in. Haven't done it before but thought I'd enter seeing as they moved the finish to the city centre last year - then discovered it's back to South Shields!
Best part of £60 too which is a bit pricey for a half marathon.

Done it once and it’s great. Don’t know why I think that because it’s just another half marathon but for some reason I thought it was a great run.

On 02/01/2022 at 21:40, morrison said:

Fair play to those NYD parkrunners. Wasn't happening for me!

I finished marcothon and straight into RED January. If I manage it, it'll be my longest running streak.

Nothing lined up until Stirling in May, so short term I'll probably try to work on my speed a little bit.

Also, if anyone knows of a half marathon in mid-late February, I'm interested.

Heard that the Glentress half is in February. Don't know anything about it but it doesn't sound like a flat tarmac one, if that's your bag!

GNR is great, worth it for the first few miles alone. The motorway stretch from Gateshead to South Shields is a bit of a slog, but overall it's a fine course.

Noticed Arbroath parkrun up and running today - think I'll save that one for the better weather.

First run today since 27th December , Bangor Parkrun , plodded round chatting to a mate so  28 minutes, happy enough .

Most if not all  parkruns across Ireland had a minutes silence at the start in memory of Ashling Murphy, a young woman murdered whilst out running in a village in Co.Offaly, dreadful tragedy.

I've signed up for two 10ks this year.

Great Scottish run and dramathon.

I've done The dramathon relay every year since it started , a different leg every time so this will be the first time doing the ten.

I did parkrun on New year's Day and pulled my back and not been able to run since.

Hopefully I'll be back soon.

I've heard Forfar parkrun is starting soon. 
Tried Killie's parkrun today. Nice course - weird shape (you run round a Y-shaped course twice). Some steep bits in parts so nothing spectacular time-wise. 

Was it round the Dean Park?

9 hours ago, BigBo10 said:

Was it round the Dean Park?

Yeah. Which is a very nice park with some animals to see on your route. But slightly weird course. And you need to "turn on a sixpence" three times which I'm not a huge fan of (obviously at the warp speeds I'm running at, effectively stopping and starting again affects my time greatly :)).

Yeah. Which is a very nice park with some animals to see on your route. But slightly weird course. And you need to "turn on a sixpence" three times which I'm not a huge fan of (obviously at the warp speeds I'm running at, effectively stopping and starting again affects my time greatly [emoji4]).

I walk the dog there most days. It’s literally a five minute walk from the house. I’ve even logged on to the park run site to register myself for it. Still never done it.