P&b Running Club

I started getting back into it the last week or so. Managed a 10k, a 5k and a 5 mile in the last 3 days. Down the beach in Aberdeen has been mobbed though and two cyclists on the lower promenade just about caused me to lose my shit yesterday.

Done 10k down the beach on the 27th...folk that walk one side of the path while their dug as at the other, with the lead stretched across should legally be allowed to be kicked in the pie.

31 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Done 10k down the beach on the 27th...folk that walk one side of the path while their dug as at the other, with the lead stretched across should legally be allowed to be kicked in the pie.

Flexi leads in general are just shite. If you need your dog under control, get it on a proper lead. If not, let it off. 

flexi leads do nothing and just piss off everyone else. 

Flexi leads in general are just shite. If you need your dog under control, get it on a proper lead. If not, let it off. 
flexi leads do nothing and just piss off everyone else. 

I don’t blame the lead here - I’ve no dog so I’m not au fait with the different options - I firmly blame the moron who has yet to realise the lead is stretched across the path. Just stand close to your dog you thick c**t! (Not you, the folk at the beach the other day).

New Year, new trainers, new goals to spectacularly fail to reach. Turns out that I took part in 98 activities last year. Shooting for at least 125 this year.
Thats the first 5K of the year done with. Bit slippy.

Whatever your time was today, try and beat it by a second tomorrow. Good luck mate

Also did 5k this morning. Fucked it a bit by failing to realize I didn't properly stop my tracking for almost a minute but f**k it, back down near 24 minutes or there abouts will check in a bit. Going to try hard to do something useful everyday whether a run, working a particular muscle or just reaching 10000 steps.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
3 hours ago, mathematics said:
14s slower! emoji58.png

That's fine, some days it just doesn't happen. At least you went out and tried which is the best thing.

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

It’s not perfect conditions mate.

Indeed, it’s just about completing the 5K without stopping these days.

You need to know about your gait. That is how your feet hit the ground as you run. Ideally you need to go to an actual running shop and get them to analyse your running on a treadmill.

Which is a bit of a pisser right now. 

Brand wise they are all decent it just depends which ones fit your feet the best not which ones look the best. 

I have had problems with blisters with a long line of running shoes until I got my current pair, which are Brooks.  

No guarantees they'd be good for everyone so definitely worth getting a proper analysis and fit as per above post.  May need to wait a while.