P&b Running Club

Was starting to feel a bit pissed off with the shotty times so today decided to add some distance and just plod the miles into my legs and build that way. Disapplintly my adjusted route only took me up to 6.5 km was hoping for about 7, but happily was a bit faster than iv been.

No real reason to think I wont improve as I have done before, but just for some reason the now its annoying me.

Feel better after today though. Back on the bike tomorrow probably

16 hours ago, Gaz said:

I'm on my second pair of Asics after more or less using Nike Pegasus for the past ten years. They're great. I've got the Gel Excite ones.

I keep the left foot of all my old running trainers and have them displayed along a windowsill in my conservatory.

I've been running in Asics for about the last 18 months and haven't had a single injury. Previously it was always lightweight Adidas or Nike efforts and I always felt I had an issue somewhere.

I run in Saucony shoes, having used Mizuna Waves for the previous 3 pairs.

I might have gone for a different show had the experience of buying the saucony ones not been such a harrowing one that had to be ended ASAP.

Last year at peak mega heatwave, I was out gassed in Glasgow then went to Run 4 it the next morning. It's already about 28 degrees, I am RAF, and the lassie in the shop is an incredible wid.

Cue me getting papped on the treadmill and exploding in a ball of beer sweat after about 14 metres, and no doubt the smell of lager oozing out.

"Gies they ones" says I

"Are you sure you dont wan......"

"Nope."

One the plus side as I said at the time, watching my calfs in super slow motion on the screen almost gave me a boner. Some set of legs on me if I say so myself.

Anyone's Garmin watch take along time to connect to a GPS signal. I'm usually about 3-5 minutes everytime.
I don't live in a particularly built up area that would prevent it obtaining a signal.

1 hour ago, spud131 said:

Anyone's Garmin watch take along time to connect to a GPS signal. I'm usually about 3-5 minutes everytime.
I don't live in a particularly built up area that would prevent it obtaining a signal.

My old one, which was a forerunner 10, used to take ages to pick it up. My current ones isn't an issue though.

Not really had problems with my Garmin syncing with the GPS, although it can be funny at running club waiting on everyone's different devices taking vastly differing amount of times to connect.

Your maw is 60 and running 5k in 28 mins?
Wid.

It’s a wid not from me tbh. Aye, was only her second quickest time trial of lockdown. Think she was 6 seconds of her best but 10 seconds quicker than last week.

Anybody use insoles in their running trainers? I suffered badly from plantar fasciitis in my right foot and have now got really good insoles for my work shoes. They’re £40 a pair and work wonderfully well. I do use Nike support trainers and while the foot problem isn’t their I keep getting calf problems in my left leg. I’ve done physio but it solves the problem for a short spell. I was wondering if sticking the insoles in my trainers would help in the way it does with my work shoes. Anyone had any similar issues or experiences?