P&b Running Club

21 hours ago, Slacker said:

Cheers but booking a suitcase costs pretty much the same as my flight, so I thought f**k that and will be turning up to the airport like this. No room for running shoes.

41389F8F-217D-4885-A1DD-B5821E34F852.gif

Pff, no excuse. Just go along the beach - running barefoot is good for you.

Failing that, make sure you go to Mercardo Central and the Oceanographic.

On 17/02/2020 at 21:04, Stu said:

Turia Gardens in Valencia is good for running. There's a 10k route marked out with a path that's aimed at runners, which I did one morning before it got too hot. You'd be able to do half of that and it's pretty much flat.

Netherhall 10 mile race for me on Sunday. Lost some of my pace since the end of last year for whatever reason but can just blame that on the shit weather.

So Netherhall was fun. Had been told the first couple of miles were uphill, which they were, and there was another horrible but about mile 7 or 8 but after that it was downhill. That's how it panned out - except the final 2/3 miles downhill were straight into a horrendous wind and that made it bloody impossible. Funny how you never get the same benefit when the wind is behind you!

Despite that, I was only a minute slower than my 10 mile PB at Brampton last year and I'd probably have beaten it had it not been for that wind. I was 12th out of about 150 and second in the V35 category -typically there was only a prize for the winner!

The main thing though was this was the first club grand prix race of the season and for the first, and almost certainly last, time I was first club runner home. As a result, for three weeks I will proudly sit atop the standings - a bit like when St Mirren win both their first games of the season and top the Premiership, fully in the knowledge we'll be nowhere near that position come May.

Day 60 of my attempted Leap Year 366 completed, a nice wee 8km in 38 minutes 30 seconds. Legs are feeling fine and that's after 6 miles yesterday afternoon as well.

I think I've done 55 of the runs outside with 5 being on a treadmill due to the weather.

• 2 weeks later...

I done Ballloch to Clydebank half marathon today.  I'd recommend it for anyone looking for a fast half time.  I ran 1:32:13 taking more than 5 minutes off my old PB.  5 out of the 6 others I knew running all got PBs too.  Flat course with a good chance of a tail wind and it's the DAAA championship race so quite a strong field.

7 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Can't imagine why unless shit get's even more serious. 

That's what I thought unless we go down the Italian route.

I've already binned the gym but don't like the idea of working from home and no real exercise at all. 

No issue with running solo, avoid running in groups.

With the Edinburgh Half canned I've sacked the half-marathon training. Now back to doing mostly weights. Still keeping up my daily runs though - up to day 77/366 yesterday, 5km in 23:20. Having to use the treadmill at work more and more, though.

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

That's what I thought unless we go down the Italian route.

I've already binned the gym but don't like the idea of working from home and no real exercise at all. 

Running friend in this neck of town is now doing their daily 5k round Victoria Park at 5.30am just before sunrise. Fairly sound strategy IMO.

Wonder how many idiots will try and do unofficial parkruns now?

3 minutes ago, Scorge said:

Running friend in this neck of town is now doing their daily 5k round Victoria Park at 5.30am just before sunrise. Fairly sound strategy IMO.

Wonder how many idiots will try and do unofficial parkruns now?

If by 'unofficial Parkrun' you mean 'go and run a 5k around a Parkrun route' there's nothing much wrong with that IMO.

Unless you mean 'gather in crowds and do a Parkrun' then, yes, that is stupid.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Completely irresponsible, they need to shut them down for a few weeks at least. 

Saying that, I'm still going out early in the morning. Yesterday was glorious sunshine and nobody around! 

Yeah, I was out this morning and am still planning on going out myself - especially as the weather has finally improved!