P&b Running Club

I've finished 40 days of an attempted leap year streak. The next few days are looking a bit grim though, might need to do some of them on the treadmill. I hate treadmill running :(

Doing a 10K in the summer for charity. What would folk recommend for a training schedule?
Here's one bit of advice, run 10k at some point before it, maybe a month. Can even dawdle along, just get the distance in and on the day you'll be fine as long as our putting some miles on each week.

On 04/02/2020 at 14:26, Slacker said:

I'm pretty much the same as you and started Couch to 5k on January 1st. I'm now on Week 6 Run 1 and really enjoying it. In those first couple of weeks where you're running a minute or 3 at a time, I was blowing out my arse and thought this wasn't for me. But I just ran 20 minutes without stopping yesterday and felt I could've kept going quite easily. You should definitely be able to do 10k by autumn. My plan is to run 5k three times a week in March/April then start aiming towards getting that to 10k for the summer.

Just finished Week 7 Run 3 (25 minute run) there and kept it going until 33 minutes - so technically I've completed the programme. Could've quite easily kept going too but needed to call time on it. Going to Valencia on Friday for five days and won't be taking my running gear, so I'll make sure I get two or three 5km runs in before that. Delighted to have stuck with the programme though, it's been great. Thinking about signing up to the Great Scottish Run [10k] at the start of October now.

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

Just finished Week 7 Run 3 (25 minute run) there and kept it going until 33 minutes - so technically I've completed the programme. Could've quite easily kept going too but needed to call time on it. Going to Valencia on Friday for five days and won't be taking my running gear, so I'll make sure I get two or three 5km runs in before that. Delighted to have stuck with the programme though, it's been great. Thinking about signing up to the Great Scottish Run [10k] at the start of October now.

You might have to consider changing your username then!

7 hours ago, Slacker said:

Turia Gardens in Valencia is good for running. There's a 10k route marked out with a path that's aimed at runners, which I did one morning before it got too hot. You'd be able to do half of that and it's pretty much flat.

Netherhall 10 mile race for me on Sunday. Lost some of my pace since the end of last year for whatever reason but can just blame that on the shit weather.

Just started Week 5 of my 18-week half marathon programme. Four days running, three days weight training per week. Hoping to drop the bodyfat down to about 10%-12% in that time.

Just back from four miles in 30:01. Happy with that, hoping to beat 1:40 as last year I got 1:40:42 and was really pissed off at missing out on a 1:30s time by 43 seconds!

2 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

I see the 5km world record has been broken emoji85.png

I was reading that yesterday. 12:51. That's fucking mental stuff. My fastest ever is like 21 minutes.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Turia Gardens in Valencia is good for running. There's a 10k route marked out with a path that's aimed at runners, which I did one morning before it got too hot. You'd be able to do half of that and it's pretty much flat.

Cheers but booking a suitcase costs pretty much the same as my flight, so I thought f**k that and will be turning up to the airport like this. No room for running shoes.

41389F8F-217D-4885-A1DD-B5821E34F852.gif