P&b Running Club

Hope it cools down a bit for London next week. Did an easy ten miles yesterday and that was hard enough. Another five tomorrow and five on Wednesday and that'll be about me.

Was helping at parkrun in Dumfries yesterday and as I clapped nearly 200 people round I couldn't help but thinking things will be slightly different next weekend...

4 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
21 minutes ago, mathematics said:
Just hit a 5K PR of 23.28 and was all chuffed with myself until I had a look at a bunch of my mates’ 5K PRs. The c***s.

I'm bursting a lung getting that time, well done!

Thanks. I normally hit about 25mins. Not sure what I did differently this time!

On 21/04/2019 at 17:07, Stu said:

Hope it cools down a bit for London next week. Did an easy ten miles yesterday and that was hard enough. Another five tomorrow and five on Wednesday and that'll be about me.

Certainly seems to be, starting to get a bit of rain now. Going to be out watching, so all the very best.

19 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Certainly seems to be, starting to get a bit of rain now. Going to be out watching, so all the very best.

Cheers! Forecast for Sunday is looking ideal, it's just the climate change protesters I need to worry about now!

On 4/9/2019 at 19:45, Gnash said:

I'm doing the Stirling half as well.  I haven't done it before, but a mate who has assures me it's very flat, apart from a slight climb towards the finish (just when you want a climb).  

Just checked the course - it's been changed since last year, and now there is a climb up through the university in the middle, as well as the climb at the end. 

Good luck to all those doing marathons / half marathons tomorrow! 8)

Just checked the course - it's been changed since last year, and now there is a climb up through the university in the middle, as well as the climb at the end. 
Good luck to all those doing marathons / half marathons tomorrow! 8)

That’s not the news I wanted to hear!

All the best tomorrow, I’ll be the one sweating profusely.

Stirling tomorrow and it boils my piss that they start the bloody thing at half eight. No way of getting there by public transport. 

Still, managed to take nearly half a minute off my Parkrun PB with 22 minutes exactly. Doubt I'll ever get below the magic 20 but I'm going in the right direction. 

47 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Stirling tomorrow and it boils my piss that they start the bloody thing at half eight. No way of getting there by public transport. 

Still, managed to take nearly half a minute off my Parkrun PB with 22 minutes exactly. Doubt I'll ever get below the magic 20 but I'm going in the right direction. 

Good point, but the start line is 10 min walk away from my house so not an issue for me. 

I was put into the pink wave and found out today that was the last wave for the slowest runners.  So I nipped down to the information point and with the minimun of fuss they gave me a new number in the white wave.  Good service!

Guest bernardblack

This.

Would’ve been ideal preparation for Edinburgh too.

Long run planned for me tomorrow morning, aiming for 18 miles.

All the best to all running Stirling

Just back from the Stirling half marathon.  Couldn't have asked for better weather conditions - cloudy, dry, no wind and about 9C.  Really pleased with my time which was a little over 1 hr 24 min, so under my stretch target of 1 hr 25.  

Hope everyone else doing the half or the full marathon had a good one!