P&b Running Club

Anything that gets the heart rate raised even if just for a few minutes. Science behind it is that the blood doesn't properly start to do what it needs to do with the oxygen untill about 10 mins after the heart rate has increased. That explains the feeling of legs being gone or hitting a wall shortly after the start of a run if you go in cold. Bit like revving the nuts out your car before the oil is up to temperature.
I usually do a combination of leg swings, running on the spot, burpees, squats, etc then some stretches specifically to ward of sciatic pain.

I'm behind on my training this week so forced myself to do five miles at lunch. In that storm.

It was fucking horrible.

I've shit myself twice on two previous runs, but they were still more enjoyable than today's.

Did my run in the gym today due to the weather. Treadmill says I did 10 miles, watch (on indoor run setting) says I did nine. Dunno which to believe - treadmill obviously.

Treadmill will be right I'd think? I'm sure the watch just multiplies your steps by your stride length to give distance.

Ran around 9.5 miles home tonight. Legs felt ridiculously heavy, was a right slog.

Guest bernardblack
Did my run in the gym today due to the weather. Treadmill says I did 10 miles, watch (on indoor run setting) says I did nine. Dunno which to believe - treadmill obviously.

Treadmill will be right there [emoji1303]

There's absolutely no way I could stick a treadmill for ten miles. I'd be bored stupid.

Anyway, yesterday's run was the slowest for a while, at 5'04"/km. I'm hoping to run the Edinburgh Half in about 4'50"/km, which should hopefully see me come in just shy of 1:42. But to be honest I'd be happy with anything under 1:45.

I ran Inverness half on Sunday too. PB of 1:41:01 which was pleasing. Wind and driving rain in miles 7-9 was horrible. Couldn’t feel the front of my body after. Great route apart from the finish as mentioned above but really enjoyed it

18 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Finally bought new trainers from a running shop. 

Tips for breaking them in? 

Go out running?

4 hours ago, Gaz said:

There's absolutely no way I could stick a treadmill for ten miles. I'd be bored stupid.

Anyway, yesterday's run was the slowest for a while, at 5'04"/km. I'm hoping to run the Edinburgh Half in about 4'50"/km, which should hopefully see me come in just shy of 1:42. But to be honest I'd be happy with anything under 1:45.

A combination of podcasts (which I listen to on a normal run) and having the TV on saw me through. Despite having the sound on, it being half six in the morning and not knowing who Sky News' two guests were, I was still able to instantly work out which one was representing the pro-Brexit side.