Glasgow Area 5's

Kylesons

Looks like I'm out the picture the now which is fine because I've been a lazy, skint b*****d all summer. I propose that we implement some sort of system for a guaranteed game. Starting from this week coming whichever 10 play will get first refusal on a place the following week. If they pull out then the first person to stick their name down gets in. 

We've clearly got plenty of bodies for next Monday with staggy4life in, piehutt and SoapMacTavish as new regulars, Shakey and myself are back from injury plus the generic non P&bers and stragglers from the site.

Can we get next weeks booked tonight to see if we can get an earlier KO?

If Dave is happy to be a standby, we now have 11.

11 is one more than 10.

Fudge

David W

Brian

Innes

McGowan

Adam

Calum

Piehutt

SoapMacTavish

Shakey

C. Muir

:angry::P

We've never been in this position before where it's oversubscribed so early, but we've got to cater for the GA5's loyal.

On Kev's first refusal basis, Adam would would miss out this week but you can fight it out amongst yourselves, because I'm a bigger boy and I could batter yees all.

We've never been in this position before where it's oversubscribed so early, but we've got to cater for the GA5's loyal.

On Kev's first refusal basis, Adam would would miss out this week but you can fight it out amongst yourselves, because I'm a bigger boy and I could batter yees all.

Can't argue with that. I've got an early class the next morning so perhaps it's for the best. As a "old skool" member, I'll be pretty disappointed if I have to miss out most weeks.

There will undoubtably be times again when we're scraping around (probably as people go back to college/uni and winter approaches) for bodies and anyone who wants a game will not only get one, but be bullied into bringing along a pal.

Kev's idea was only mentioned after last week's game so i've no idea how we're going to sort out. Maybe Chrisy will break a nail, get his 5's money taken off him by a bigger boy or get offered a handjob from a Clyde youth player and decides he can't make it.

Can't argue with that. I've got an early class the next morning so perhaps it's for the best. As a "old skool" member, I'll be pretty disappointed if I have to miss out most weeks.

If you want to play on Monday that's fine by me. Like i said before though I work offshore on a 2 on 3 off rota so I'll only be able to make every 3 out of 5 Mondays. :)

Slight update on my graftability; I have to get up at about 7AM on Tuesdays for college, and since I'm generally back at about 1AM after trekking to fives of a monday, its maybe a bit awkward BUT due to deciding not to be a big jessie and still play football as often as possible (if only as part of a mild fitness drive I'm undergoing in a pathetic and almost certain to fail attempt to impress some of the girls in my class, some of whom it's just plain ridiculous how fine they are) I'll keep an eye on the thread and put my name down whenever possible.

"Happy with not being a regular but still looking to get a game wherever possible/to fill in holes when others are unavailable" is my stance, effectively. Hoping I'm not alone in that, means I'm more likely to still get a game.

If Chrissy/Mick/Adam could let me know via facebook or a PM on here if you're looking like your struggling for numbers, that'd be ideal.

As for now, provisionally put me on standby for monday so I'm in the queue if there's any further withdrawals (not sure exactly how things stand after shakey's announcement just there)

There will undoubtably be times again when we're scraping around (probably as people go back to college/uni and winter approaches) for bodies and anyone who wants a game will not only get one, but be bullied into bringing along a pal.

Kev's idea was only mentioned after last week's game so i've no idea how we're going to sort out. Maybe Chrisy will break a nail, get his 5's money taken off him by a bigger boy or get offered a handjob from a Clyde youth player and decides he can't make it.

first team player*