Sign in to follow this  
Kylesons

Glasgow Area 5's

If it's a Thursday I'd try and play most weeks, preferably about 7pm. Not that I'm demanding or anything.

I'd be up for this on Mondays, but Thursdays are out as I play on a Thursday most weeks.

Glasgow Green (for cheapness) and Goals at Shawlands (for convenience) would be far better venues though. :P

Cheers guys, Kyle needs to update the list but keep the names coming, no reason we cant run a monday and a thursday one if theres enough people :)

Id consider it. Quite a way to go for a kickabout mind..

From Mid Feb im working in the city though so it may be more convienent for me then. And a Monday for me as I play on Thursday already.

I'll give you a lift if you want, as long as you promise not to speak. :rolleyes::P

Aye, I was waiting for you to offer! And the no speaking terms, that's fine with me :P

Shawlands on a Thursday evening would be great for me too.

Edited by GeeJay

Shawlands on a Thursday evening would suit me as well.

Bu pretty much anywhere in Glasgow is relatively easy for me to get to really, but Shawlands would be best.

:D

Shakey, I would be forced to stick about 8 goals past you again ;):P

Okay so we have like 13 people so far, that should be enough for us to arrange a game on one day next week (preferrably Monday for me as I'm working Thursday next week :P).

I'll look up Powerleagues and Shawlands and see how much it will cost, available times etc.

Having checked with the places mentioned on this thread, the prices are as follows:

Glasgow Green £34, available any night but is busy due to only having 4 5-a-side pitches at the moment.

Powerleagues (Townhead) £50.95, also available any night but Mondays and Thursdays are their busiest days.

Goals (Shawlands) £52, same as above for availability.

These prices are all for 1 hour, and since we're all unfit bastards 6-a-sides on a 5-a-side pitch is what we should be looking at. So for 12 players, it boils down to:

Glasgow Green: £2.80 each.

Townhead: £4.25 each.

Shawlands: £4.30 each.

Opinions?

Edited by dave258

In order of preference:

Glasgow Green

Shawlands

Townhead

I assume the crappy surfaces at Glasgow Green are being relaid, so if we could book one of the rubber curmb pitches, they'd be by far the best for a game of 6s. The pitches there are a good bit bigger than Townhead.

Shawlands 2nd choice due to pure selfishness. :P

Some good pubs there for a post game pint too.