Glasgow Area 5's

Kylesons

I havent played on the Glasgow Green ones, and obviously if they're of the same quality as the other two then I'd prefer there due to being a tight b*****d, but if the other two are better I'll just cough up.

For non drivers Glasgow Green is a bit of a pain in the arse to get to, that's the main problem with it.

I havent played on the Glasgow Green ones, and obviously if they're of the same quality as the other two then I'd prefer there due to being a tight b*****d, but if the other two are better I'll just cough up.

If you're phoning to book, make suew it's the modern surfaces that are available. If they are, they're at least as good IMO. The sandy ones are honking though.

Some of the rubber crumb putches at powerleague are already worn, but the newly laid ones are pretty good.

Edit: for anyone coming from Queen St, Townhead's obviously best, but the other two are no more than 5-10 minutes' walk from train stations (Bridgeton and Crossmyloof/Queen's park respectively).

Edited by wearealldoomed

For non drivers Glasgow Green is a bit of a pain in the arse to get to, that's the main problem with it.

Okay doke. The woman on the phone was a bit of a cow too, so wasn't overly keen on them to start with :lol:

The bird from Shawlands sounded no bad though... :rolleyes:

Right then, I can try to book one today if yous want, but it would be for Monday (sorry Colin). I'll try Townhead first, purely because the woman at Shawlands said you have to book as soon as it becomes available or the slots are all gone (i.e. 7 days in advance at 10.30am).

Monday coming at 7/7.30 suit most people to start with?

Unfortunately, Powerleagues only have 9.30 or 10 o'clock kick off spots left.

Same with Goals, they only have 5.15 which would be no use to most of us I would think or 9.15.

So unless people dont mind playing at one of these later times or possibly on the Tuesday or Wednesday, we appear scunnered for next week.

You can book it up to 7 days in advance normally, so we could call early doors tomorrow and try and get next Thursday booked (although I have to work so not keen on booking it etc if I'm not gonna be there) or I could ring up first thing on Monday and Try for the following Monday (4th feb I think)?

Edited by dave258

Unfortunately, Powerleagues only have 9.30 or 10 o'clock kick off spots left.

Same with Goals, they only have 5.15 which would be no use to most of us I would think or 9.15.

So unless people dont mind playing at one of these later times or possibly on the Tuesday or Wednesday, we appear scunnered for next week.

You can book it up to 7 days in advance normally, so we could call early doors tomorrow and try and get next Thursday booked (although I have to work so not keen on booking it etc if I'm not gonna be there) or I could ring up first thing on Monday and Try for the following Monday (4th feb I think)?

Dave,

Possibly just best to leave it 'till the following Monday(4th Feb) as a Monday seemed to suit most, although I've no probs with playing at 9:30 or 10 if everyone else is OK.

Tues/Weds is out though.

9-10pm? Feck that!!

I'll happily wait a week.

:lol: No worries, I'll try and book it on Monday moring then.

In the meantime, anybody who fancies playing, feel free to stick your names down and Kylesons will add you to the list in the first post. :)

Edited by dave258