P&b Gambling University

mid-table

Back on thread, one thing I would stress is the value in level staking.

Every gambler will know how irritating it is to win 4 in a row betting say £20 on 10/11 shots and then blowing £60 on another 10/11 shot which loses.

So you have won 4 out of 5 and only have a small profit to show for it.

Yawn

Each to their own.

Mid-Table - have your thread back.

Sorry mate, although the maths was a bit iffy, the overall point you make is quite correct, and can be added to the 'rules';

Bet selectively, you don't have to bet on every race / match / event.

One thing I have learned from gambling is to never bet on Liverpool as they are consistently shite and will always find a way of fucking your line

Nottingham Forest are also included in this system I have ;)

When you get your hands on a weekend coupon, study it hard, study it slowly, and select three bets that you really like the look of. One should be a 'Nap', this can basically be a team you fancy and are a decent price. Generally mines tend to be evens/not far off it. Your 'next best' is generally the same although mines tend to be a worse price. And finally, select a banker that is roughly (this is how I do it anyway) a 1/2 shot.This pick I like to call your 'Money For Old Rope'

OK this is a poor rule for other people but I feel it is the best way to pick a bet for the weekend. I dislike getting swamped with too many bets and this is probably the most effective way to make money.

(I have not had a coupon up in 2 months)

lol

Edited by dubya

Guest Ron Burgundy
Yawn

Each to their own.

Mid-Table - have your thread back.

Shares in ladbrokes have plummeted after that diamond encrusted tipping bible haitch..... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

One thing I have learned from gambling is to never bet on Liverpool as they are consistently shite and will always find a way of fucking your line

Nottingham Forest are also included in this system I have ;)

Yes and yes, to my cost over past few weeks. Pals were denied £98 each thanks to Liverpool last night. I would also add never bet Stenhousemuir, it'll end in tears.

To give a more serious reply, and in light of Haitch's plans on saturday, I would advise checking on team news as near to kick off as possible especially for FA Cup matches now that many sides see the league as more important. Norwich should beat Bury, I don't see them leaving themselves open to an embarrassment by playing reserves, however Fulham have lost at home to lower division opposition twice recently. I think Leyton Orient gubbed them. I admire Haitch's discipline but if you lose a bet like that it's going to take a while, assuming you continue to follow the same system, to get that money back.

Never listen to people on P&B saying the team they support is going to lose.

To a certain extent, but bear in mind such things like;

Has the poster got a track record for being volatile (it's either 'we'll hammer them' or it's 'we'll get gubbed')?

Has the poster taken into account the opposition?

Has the poster justified why they have that opinion?

Has the poster got any information available to them that is not generally known by the bookmaking industry (injuries etc), and how much do you trust that information?

Guest Ron Burgundy
Unless it's Betfair. And it won't.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: so they have added yet another layer of inconsistency to the betting world....clever folk these bookies.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: so they have added yet another layer of inconsistency to the betting world....clever folk these bookies.

They have a sliding scale of a "cut" based on how much business you do with them.

It's roughtly 3-4 % of each winning bet you have I think.

Yes and yes, to my cost over past few weeks. Pals were denied £98 each thanks to Liverpool last night. I would also add never bet Stenhousemuir, it'll end in tears.

Stenny won me £70 on Wednesday.

The axis of evil for me are Liverpool, Hull City and Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Stenny won me £70 on Wednesday.

The axis of evil for me are Liverpool, Hull City and Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Cardiff are the real enigma for me, also Southampton and Man City in previous years.

My tips are rather straight forward: Don't bet what you can't afford to lose or in the case of people with a large disposable income don't bet an amount that will cause upset and loss chasing.

Also always check the odds for the similar outcome in a different context for example if you were going to bet on a draw no bet check the Asian Handicap odds off scratch as well. Bet 365 will often have a team -0.5 on the Asian a good 20% better priced than on the 90 minutes betting.

Avoid scorecasts and section coupons, these are a rip off.

Also I've noticed on here putting accys on where the games lead into another day, personally I think this is naive as you could maybe collect a decent amount on the Sunday Morning and put on another bet if you wish rather than waiting for the Sunday 4pm game to bust your coupon (provided all your selections are up).

Avoid scorecasts and section coupons, these are a rip off.

Also I've noticed on here putting accys on where the games lead into another day, personally I think this is naive as you could maybe collect a decent amount on the Sunday Morning and put on another bet if you wish rather than waiting for the Sunday 4pm game to bust your coupon (provided all your selections are up).

One of my mates who works in a bookies calls scorecasts "the bookie's friend".

And also your second point is the reason I stopped betting on any of the Friday games, as i'd find that if my coupon was burst after that i'd end up doing another coupon on the Saturday. Dangerous game, chasing losses. Best feeling when it comes off, the worst when it (usually) doesn't.