P&b Gambling University

mid-table

I got so sick of 1 team beating me on my coupon that now i perm most of my bets so that even if 1 does lose, i still get something back. I've done better the last 2 seasons than i ever have.

I will also pick no more than 4 teams and i never add another team to "bump up the odds" as a lot of the time, it's your "banker" that fucks you.

New Year Resolution is to stop putting my weekend profit into Monday (Setanta) games <_<

Guest Bushel o' Bricks
yeh but how much u laying?

Depends on how big a risk I'm willing to take at the time. I've laid over £300 on two occasions. One instance was a 1-1 draw in the Wigan-Everton game where my liability was over £2,000 - Wigan were 1-0 up in the 92nd minute when the ball fell to Cahill 15 yards out. :ph34r: But he blasted over and I was able to relax once again. I've had a 100% success rate with laying correct scores so I'd recommend it but only if you're prepared to go with the large liability.

Guest dougalldogg

Mines is to lay more and NEVER back my team again as I always do it at the wrong time and seem to jinx them lol. I never had a bet this weekend, so it aint my fault they drew ;)

Don't lay the draw at half time after backing before kick off (missed out on 30 profit last night in Spurs Man Utd!).

Abuse as many free bet offers as possible. Take advantage of 'risk-free' stake returned offers.

Listen to my mates tips more often and when he tells me not to place a bet, then don't place a bet (explicitly told me not to back Peterhead yesterday, I did anyway!).

Think im going to limit myself £20 for each week and see how that goes. Going to set up a spreadsheet aswell. Anyone know were i can download Excel? Its not on my laptop :(

From today im giving up online poker. Its just not good for my health. I can win alot from it but in the long run i lose it all anyway so there is no point. :)

Going to start 1st January with £500 in my Betfair account and try and return £20 a day to my card, by putting £100 or £200 on short price tennis matches, rugby and US sports.

See how far I get.

Guest dougalldogg
Going to start 1st January with £500 in my Betfair account and try and return £20 a day to my card, by putting £100 or £200 on short price tennis matches, rugby and US sports.

See how far I get.

Think I may try that also, sounds in theory like a good idea... No doubt Ill get greedy and start doing silly things and ultimately lose it all :lol: But worth a try

Think I may try that also, sounds in theory like a good idea... No doubt Ill get greedy and start doing silly things and ultimately lose it all :lol: But worth a try

It does indeed sound simple in theory :lol: But I am guessing I will f**k it up somehow.

I am happy to lose 500 nicker on the experiment though.

Well I was planning to curb my gambling as was planning to buy my 1st house. But since my work folded this has gone out the window. Most frightning thing for me is, I have not really cut down my gambling since I lost my job, ok, alot more smaller stakes but still get usual daft urges to play roulette which just takes any extra money I have won/cut back on.

My resolution for 2009 is to set up a template document for making profiling horses easier. Also to listen less to inside info when it contradicts what form study tells me as if profiling correctly I should be able to spot those that the inside info comes up with anyway.

And win the Scoop 6 again would be nice...

Noticed a few people saying they're going to keep a record of their bets. I created a wee spreadsheet for doing this, which has been helpful for me, so if anyone wants a copy then pm me and I'll sned it on.

• 3 weeks later...
think i will have to give up internet games, and cash quests even tho not been in the bookies for a while and played the cash quests bar saturday. Have had some good wins on the net games but some bad loss's and more loss's, but its just the buzz of winning instant cash i guess, and one day i spun like 80p on a game and got like £140 which kinda ma me think they were good.

Also stopping betting on my own team (celtic) always seem to slip up when i need them for cash lol strange eh....

Will be looking foward to doing more bigger singles, first goalscorers (l15s) and folds.

bet on celtic againest aberdeen and dundee united...meh

played internet games meh

Im still going strong on my resolution of not playing games of chance.

has anyone broken theres yet :lol:

broke mine lol

bloody gambling