Xbox Gamer Tags, PS3 and PS4 ID's, Wii and WiiU Friend Codes &

GoTeamGaz

• 2 weeks later...

Okay lads, its time to end this arguement once and for all! The Xbox has completely and utterly raped the ps3. Sony has lost at least 3.3 Billion due to the Playstation 3, and they have also lost nearly all of thier major exclusive gaming franchises. You can argue that the ps3 might be able to produce better graphics, but at the rate of progression the 8th generation consoles will be coming out before then.

A gaming console will not survive without games to play on it and being that the 360 has a larger and overall better collection of games for it, i think its safe to say who is the winner here. Next year a new 360 will be coming out with the project natal technology built directly into the system, which will only help continue the 360s dominance in the main stream gaming market. Sonys problem was that they waited far to long to bring out thier machine, and blue ray was the death of the console.

Its because of the Blue ray tech that sony have lost so much, when the ps3 first came out they cost £800 to make and were selling for £500. All major gaming consoles will allways sell at a loss when they first come out, but not £300 a console, and usually they make thier money back with software sales, but how can sony do that if every major gaming company are sick and tired of the extra work and money involved in bring out titles for the ps3.

I was a fan of sony for many years, but ive been nothing but disapointed with the ps3 and i just wouldnt spend money on one because i know i would simply waste my money. Now im not saying the xbox is without faults because i know it is, ive had one for around 3 years and im on my second xbox. I know there are others out there who seem to burn through thier machines like toilet paper after a dodgy curry, but it was the exact same on the playstation 2 years ago.

So lets end this arguement and accept who the clear victor is.

Ive played my friends ps3 plenty of times mate, its vasty inferior. But if the ps3 was so awesome, then why would it have lost so much money and so many games?

Theres no need to spam this thread with this talk.

Plus those points are uneducated in the subject. The PS3 is a far superior piece of equipment, but going into the arguments of PSN vs Live, Live could be seen are superior, but if you want a browser, then its PSN. Then you talk about Sony losing money, Playstation isnt Sony, you also forget that Sony is working right now a a cost effective PS Slim which will appear soon so they can start dropping prices for the GOW, Uncharted, the motion control, to start selling more units, also the last time i checked, there was about X million more xboxs than ps3s in the world due to the fact that Microsoft are a major US players, but the PS3 has bigger installs in europe and asia. But, i dont want to argue about this, just bringing up some points.

Okay lads, its time to end this arguement once and for all! The Xbox has completely and utterly raped the ps3. Sony has lost at least 3.3 Billion due to the Playstation 3, and they have also lost nearly all of thier major exclusive gaming franchises. You can argue that the ps3 might be able to produce better graphics, but at the rate of progression the 8th generation consoles will be coming out before then.

I know this is the wrong topic for this subject but where did you get this from? The Metal Gear series is still only available on Playstation as Raiden is not a proper sequel to MGS4. Yes, Final Fantasy has moved to other consoles but I think everyone knew that was going to happen so that Square could squeze every last ounce of money as possible out of the franchise.There is also an argument that these are no longer Sony's biggest exclusives.

The PS3 has far better exclusives at the moment over Xbox. Uncharted, Resistance, God of War, LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet and Clank, inFamous, MAG etc. Which have all been very good games. Alan Wake and Gears are the only two Microsoft exclusives that are quality. Halo is very over-rated

And your point about Blu-Ray is just plain stupid. It is far superior to HD DVD's and therefore higher quality games can be produced on the Playstation. It is then up to the producer of the game to make it as good as they can, which most haven't so far

I know this is the wrong topic for this subject but where did you get this from? The Metal Gear series is still only available on Playstation as Raiden is not a proper sequel to MGS4. Yes, Final Fantasy has moved to other consoles but I think everyone knew that was going to happen so that Square could squeze every last ounce of money as possible out of the franchise.There is also an argument that these are no longer Sony's biggest exclusives.

The PS3 has far better exclusives at the moment over Xbox. Uncharted, Resistance, God of War, LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet and Clank, inFamous, MAG etc. Which have all been very good games. Alan Wake and Gears are the only two Microsoft exclusives that are quality. Halo is very over-rated

And your point about Blu-Ray is just plain stupid. It is far superior to HD DVD's and therefore higher quality games can be produced on the Playstation. It is then up to the producer of the game to make it as good as they can, which most haven't so far

Rather than use a standard processor sony uses a system with several smaller processors supporting a main processor, the end result is the same power as a xbox, but with more than twice the encoding to use said power. And data on a blue ray disc cannot be compressed which makes creating games on the playstation a bigger and more costly process than on the xbox 360.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/19/activis...drop-ps3-and-p/

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/sony-h...the-ps3/1223467

A friend of mine worked on making far cry 2 and he told me that when it came time to make the Playstation 3 version of the game they simply copied the game onto several HD Dvd disc's then copied it onto a blue ray disc, thats why the game looks shitter on a ps3

If the Playstation can produce better quality then why does fallout 3 look much nicer on a Xbox 360 and have a far superior frame rate

The Xbox has gained almost every single respectable JRPG video game over the Playstation. When final fantasy 13 comes out for the playstation it will be the first square enix game to come out for the console. Mistwalker Studio's are a Xbox only studio and they are helmed by the creator of Final Fantasy. They also have The Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean: The Last Hope. Theres some exclusives right there.

The playstation came out far too late and with inferior stolen versions of thier rivals ideas. The Six axis is a complete joke and dont get me started on the trophy system. The dashboard looks horrible. and most versions of the console simply dont have any backwards compatablity. When i was waiting for the ps3 years ago i realised that the machine was gonna cost me a fortune and give me a list of things i couldnt do.

Anyone with any common sence would by a xbox, its cheaper and you get significantly more value for your money.

Forza 2(and 3), Gears of war, Halo(and later DLC, Reach), Crackdown 1&2, The GTA DLC, Ninja Gaiden 2, Left 4 Dead, Mass Effect, Prey are just some of the Great exclusives that i can think of right now mate. I could mention Dead Rising too

Rather than use a standard processor sony uses a system with several smaller processors supporting a main processor, the end result is the same power as a xbox, but with more than twice the encoding to use said power. And data on a blue ray disc cannot be compressed which makes creating games on the playstation a bigger and more costly process than on the xbox 360.

A friend of mine worked on making far cry 2 and he told me that when it came time to make the Playstation 3 version of the game they simply copied the game onto several HD Dvd disc's then copied it onto a blue ray disc, thats why the game looks shitter on a ps3

If the Playstation can produce better quality then why does fallout 3 look much nicer on a Xbox 360 and have a far superior frame rate

The Xbox has gained almost every single respectable JRPG video game over the Playstation. When final fantasy 13 comes out for the playstation it will be the first square enix game to come out for the console. Mistwalker Studio's are a Xbox only studio and they are helmed by the creator of Final Fantasy. They also have The Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean: The Last Hope. Theres some exclusives right there.

The playstation came out far too late and with inferior stolen versions of thier rivals ideas. The Six axis is a complete joke and dont get me started on the trophy system. The dashboard looks horrible. and most versions of the console simply dont have any backwards compatablity. When i was waiting for the ps3 years ago i realised that the machine was gonna cost me a fortune and give me a list of things i couldnt do.

Anyone with any common sence would by a xbox, its cheaper and you get significantly more value for your money.

Forza 2(and 3), Gears of war, Halo(and later DLC, Reach), Crackdown 1&2, The GTA DLC, Ninja Gaiden 2, Left 4 Dead, Mass Effect, Prey are just some of the Great exclusives that i can think of right now mate. I could mention Dead Rising too

Almost took your trolling point seriously there.

The fact is that Blu-Ray is better than DVD's, there is no denying that. As I said in my previous post it is up to the producer of the game to do the best they can with the hardware and software available to them

Your point about the Sixaxis is true but a new controller came out months ago, the Dualshock 3, which is a huge improvement over it. What do you mean "don't get me started on the trophy system"?. Fair enough you can say that Sony got the idea off Microsoft but it is a very good addition to the console and if anything is better than Acvhievements. We get Platinum trophys when we complete games and Xbox users get nothing. There is a levelling system which the Xbox does not have andthere are four different types of trophies, Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze instead of the 10, 15, 6, 250 etc that you get on Xbox.

Anyone with common sence would buy an Xbox?? That is one of the worst statements I have ever heard, and I've heard a few. it really depends on what type of console you want. There is not one global opinion that everyone should have just because you have it. Some people may get a PS3 because of the free online, the browser feature, Blu-Ray or just to have one system to keep all your music, videos, photos on as well as being able to play games on it.

Guest ScandicRed

totally agree with the bear, blu-ray kicks the ass out of dvd's and PS3 is far better than x-box, and x-box's exclusives are not as good as the playstations... halo is terrible, I could have bought a 360 but steered clear and spent more of my money on a PS3 because they are the better console with better graphics.

we should really debate further in a different thread or agree to disagree, as this is now way off topic

The fact is that Blu-Ray is better than DVD's, there is no denying that. As I said in my previous post it is up to the producer of the game to do the best they can with the hardware and software available to them

Your point about the Sixaxis is true but a new controller came out months ago, the Dualshock 3, which is a huge improvement over it. What do you mean "don't get me started on the trophy system"?. Fair enough you can say that Sony got the idea off Microsoft but it is a very good addition to the console and if anything is better than Acvhievements. We get Platinum trophys when we complete games and Xbox users get nothing. There is a levelling system which the Xbox does not have andthere are four different types of trophies, Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze instead of the 10, 15, 6, 250 etc that you get on Xbox.

Anyone with common sence would buy an Xbox?? That is one of the worst statements I have ever heard, and I've heard a few. it really depends on what type of console you want. There is not one global opinion that everyone should have just because you have it. Some people may get a PS3 because of the free online, the browser feature, Blu-Ray or just to have one system to keep all your music, videos, photos on as well as being able to play games on it.

You just as much with the achievements system, you might not get an award for completing but it does give you a 100% mark to denote your completion of the game, and the scoring system in my opinion is better than a trophy. There arent set scores that can be assigned to achievements, infact in fifa 09 there were a 19 point achievement and a single point one. The xbox has the same media file system as the ps3. and we can join 8 people per room party chats regardless of the game we are on. Plus we can play games on our pc's and get achievements from them too.

And its true that the quality of a game is dependant on the creator, but how can they do a great job when its much more difficult and expensive to do on a playstation 3, which is why usually 360 games look better. They playstation has dedicated so much to this tech, and lost so much money on it. Regardless of how good blue ray is suposed to be, the 360 has been able to release the same games on the 360 with the same content and graphics as the ps3 using these "outdated" dvds discs. So in my opinion Playstation wasted thier time.

I admit its annoying that we dont have a browser, but ive sent plenty of messages on my xbox using my controller and i couldnt be annoyed doing that to access the internet, and i know i could buy a keyboard or controller keypad, but i just dont see the point when i have a perfectly fine pc.

Its clear we are both determined to defend our consoles here, but being a playstation fan who was forced upon a xbox due to the failures of the ps3 i have to say i honestly think the xbox is still the better machine. Mostly due to sony losing so much money and so many of thier previously exclusive game titles. And if the rumors of a mgs 4 on xbox and if the project natal turns out to be as good as the claim i honestly think the ps3 is done for.

totally agree with the bear, blu-ray kicks the ass out of dvd's and PS3 is far better than x-box, and x-box's exclusives are not as good as the playstations... halo is terrible, I could have bought a 360 but steered clear and spent more of my money on a PS3 because they are the better console with better graphics.

we should really debate further in a different thread or agree to disagree, as this is now way off topic

Again, if the machine was so great, they wouldnt have lost all thier exclusives or a mere 3.3 billion

Again, if the machine was so great, they wouldnt have lost all thier exclusives or a mere 3.3 billion

1) I dont recall the PS3 losing 3.3 billion anything.

2) If your gong company wide here, how much did the hallowed Microsoft lose?

Guest ScandicRed

he's either fishing, works for microsoft or diluded, you're welcome to your opinion if the 360 does it for you then great, they are both great machines with both great games :) happy gaming

he's either fishing, works for microsoft or diluded, you're welcome to your opinion if the 360 does it for you then great, they are both great machines with both great games :) happy gaming

Both machines have thier ups and downs, i never denied that, mostly im just disapointed and angry with the ps3 cause i was a sony fanboy for so many years, i dont work for them and im certainly not diluded.

Guest ScandicRed
Both machines have thier ups and downs, i never denied that, mostly im just disapointed and angry with the ps3 cause i was a sony fanboy for so many years, i dont work for them and im certainly not diluded.

is that Dr.Cox from scrubs in your avatar with mad hair?

Oh right, i totally forgot we were referring to last years numbers, forgive me, my long term memory is terrible. I think this is the last time im gonna reply now, should have taken this route from the beginning TBH, but you have fun trolling while im forcing myself to play Prototype.