England's Shame

An Sionnach

Watching the BBC News report last night, there were the usual shots of the advance guard of England supporters outside a bar chanting "If it wasn't for the English you'd be Krauts" at some Croatian fans :angry::thumbsdown

Great start guys.......NOT!!

1. To call anyone a Kraut is overtly racist and demeans at least two whole generations of Germans who had nothing to do with the Second World War. It smacks of a throwback 'Little Englander' mentality which is disgraceful.

2. It ignores the thousands of Scots, Welsh, Irish, Americans, Canadians, Poles, Free French, Indians, Australians, New Zealanders and the rest, without whom BRITAIN could not have defeated the German Forces.

3. If its had been the Tartan Army outside the bar, we would have had our arms around Croats, swapping scarves, having an impromptu footy game, sharing the craic and some beers. The best the English could do was antagonise them with some racist threats.

4. It was the Russians who liberated Croatia from German wartime occupation, so even the English taunts were factually incorrect.

5. The BBC reporter compounded this disgrace by referring to it as, "all there's been so far is some friendly banter". What a shocking apologist for some wholly unacceptable behaviour and on national television as well.

WAKE UP - YOUR 'SUPPORTERS' ARE SHAMEFUL.

Odds on English trouble kicking off before the first game has started? Evens, I'd say :(

Most of the 'English' support on this site are pals of mine from Berwick and we've signed up for this campaign wholeheartedly. Red Card Against Racism Can I urge all of you out there to do the same? Because there's no excuse for those English 'fans' sort of behaviour in a civilised society. <_<

The conduct of many Croats during the second world war suggests that a lot of them wouldn't have minded being 'krauts'.

Also, Croatia's international fanbase contains a large number of former soldiers who fought in the Balkan wars against the Serbs and Muslims, I'd take them against some chair-throwing English eejit any day of the week.

Also, Croatia's international fanbase contains a large number of former soldiers who fought in the Balkan wars against the Serbs and Muslims, I'd take them against some chair-throwing English eejit any day of the week.

I'd go along with that. There are some very scary looking Croats.

edited to include...

And I agree wholeheartedly with THEKILT's post :thumsup2

Watching the BBC News report last night, there were the usual shots of the advance guard of England supporters outside a bar chanting "If it wasn't for the English you'd be Krauts" at some Croatian fans :angry::thumbsdown

Great start guys.......NOT!!

1. To call anyone a Kraut is overtly racist and demeans at least two whole generations of Germans who had nothing to do with the Second World War. It smacks of a throwback 'Little Englander' mentality which is disgraceful.

2. It ignores the thousands of Scots, Welsh, Irish, Americans, Canadians, Poles, Free French, Indians, Australians, New Zealanders and the rest, without whom BRITAIN could not have defeated the German Forces.

3. If its had been the Tartan Army outside the bar, we would have had our arms around Croats, swapping scarves, having an impromptu footy game, sharing the craic and some beers. The best the English could do was antagonise them with some racist threats.

4. It was the Russians who liberated Croatia from German wartime occupation, so even the English taunts were factually incorrect.

5. The BBC reporter compounded this disgrace by referring to it as, "all there's been so far is some friendly banter". What a shocking apologist for some wholly unacceptable behaviour and on national television as well.

WAKE UP - YOUR 'SUPPORTERS' ARE SHAMEFUL.

Odds on English trouble kicking off before the first game has started? Evens, I'd say :(

Most of the 'English' support on this site are pals of mine from Berwick and we've signed up for this campaign wholeheartedly. Red Card Against Racism Can I urge all of you out there to do the same? Because there's no excuse for those English 'fans' sort of behaviour in a civilised society. <_<

Are you going to pick out every little chant all tournament Nick. Why do you feel the need to bring this up? Yes, it was proberbly idiots who were chanting this, but i think you are making far to much of it esspecially as the country you are critisising has nothing to do with you. You vote SNP, so why are you bothered about commenting on English issues. I would also like to ask you why you didnt comment on the Scotland 'fans' who wrecked a pub down in Cardiff for the Wales game. This was far worse but you didnt even mention it.

The majority of England fans do act like you said the Tarten Army would if they seen the Croatians. Its a minority that dont, so dont you come here with your snobby views looking down on English football fans. And whats racist threats all about? Where was the racist "threat" in that song???

Our supporters are SHAMEFULL!!!! :angry::angry::angry: I am an England supporter traveling to Portugal on Sunday and I dont think you have any right to call me shameful!!!! Its the hooligans who are shamefull, to ENGLAND. Not me, or the other fans traveling with me. How dare you sit on your high horse judging me!!! How would you feel if I called you and fellow Scottish supporters shamefull for the actions of a few Aberdeen fans in Cardiff. Very ignorant views I feel Nick. Next time, if you feel the need to comment on issues like this can you please separate England fans, from English hooligans!!! :angry:

Ive also seen pictures of the Tarten Army abroad, and have seen a Stranraer hooligan singing and dancing at the front. The one that tryed to start a fight with one of our supporters a couple seasons back. Thats not the point though. Please keep hooligans and fans separate next time.

Say that when your being pelted with coins. Nice to see you avoided everything i said, appart from a spelling mistake. :lol:

Last time I was in Stranraer, I struggled to see any of their fans never mind hooligans!!

As for your point, I genuinely feel sorry for the decent England fans. I know there are many.

However, the difference is the TARTAN army by and large are self policing and wouldn't tolerate a bunch of @rseholes destroying the country's reputation in the way that this minority of England 'fans' are.

The decent England supporters should adopt a similar attitude as I'm sure you'll realise, it only takes a few dafties to get you all tarred with the same brush.

This is what happens when a reputation goes before you.

But in all fairness Nick, this report you saw. How long was it? what was happening before or after? If the cameras went to a Berwick match against Cowden and they filmed 30 seconds of the Berwick supporters only, we could look like animals. All singing about the great unwashed!!!

I know England have some idiots, but with press minipulation, every league team in England, Scotland and Wales could look the same. But again reputation goes first.

I have seen my share of away England internationals and some times the other supporters are just as bad, but its the English who are the hooligans. I have also stepped off a coach, watching England to be attacked by the police, just because I was English.

But lets get it into perspective, have you been to a Greek, Turkish or an old firm game. Where is the difference?

Archived