Where Can You Get A Red Pudding?

King Kebab

It must be 30 years since I had a Red Pudding Supper.

This establishment was where we regularly sampled the delight. http://www.yelp.co.u...staurant-forfar (Jack Munro's to us)

Jack is long gone, so it's the Son who fries the goodies now, but I haven't ventured across its doorstep recently!

King Kebab - If your headed to the Forfar/ East Fife match tonight, this might be the place to sample the beast?;)

Anyway - as for Puddings it's White all the way. especially a good peppery one :D .......... but with Curry Sauce, WTF....? dry.gif

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is in a red pudding? BTW you can get them in any chipper up here mate.

When I moved to Aberdeen it was the horror of the "Mock Chop" that I discovered in chippies, that and the fact Aberdeen doesnt deep fry the pizzas in the chippy :angry:

When I moved to Aberdeen it was the horror of the "Mock Chop" that I discovered in chippies, that and the fact Aberdeen doesnt deep fry the pizzas in the chippy :angry:

Horror of the mock chop?

You sir have crossed a line.

The only person to have tried the curry sauce/White pudding combo (me) said it was good all the doubters have never tried it.

Your opinions should be informed ones, give it a go.

I don't doubt your taste buds, I'm just not convinced this is a 'Marriage'.......;)

Is it possible to clarify, Curry Sauce as in the stuff splattered on chips at "Peggy's" in Arbroath that seems to be the staple diet of a large proportion of college students? :blink: (Other food vendors are available...)

I doubt it's the more 'authentic' as in Madras, Vindaloo, but then again........?:P

Seemingly the humble pudding inspired specky baldy fashion twat Wayne Hemmingway to launch this label,as he thought life without them,just wasn't worth living

red-or-dead-collection-fashion-collection-fashion-1.jpg

A true story seemingly

ETA If only poor Amy had listened to his advice!!!

article-1000909-00B047C900000578-792_470x479.jpg

She's ordered a Fish Supper......... Thought she had gone Back to Black................?

They say fortune favours the brave. Having thrown caution to the wind by ordering a red pudding supper instead of my usual white tonight, I have to say they are right. I gambled and won. Red puddings are fucking class.

I steeled myself by seeking guidance from above outside the chippy. Laying out my prayer mat (a week old copy of The Sun) and kneeling facing east towards Mecca (the bingo hall along the road) I asked the chippy god to watch over me. The whisper on the wind carried a heavenly voice.

"Go forth, my son. Go forth and eat red pudding."

It might have been the chippy god, or it might have been the homeless fellow sitting begging outside the shop, but that voice offered great comfort and the will to carry out my mission. As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil.

The good lord provided. Brothers and sisters, consider me a convert to the ways of the red pudding. They are very tasty indeed. Much more sausage-like than I anticipated, highly flavoursome and complimented beautifully by their crispy batter cocoon. My chips were fresh and delicious, and my can of Coke ice cold, making my inaugural red pudding supper experience a deeply pleasurable one.

FAO Stimpy - I had a word with the chippy god about this white pudding and curry sauce business, and brother, it is time to repent your sins. Boy's no happy, like. He was calling you all kinds of names. I stuck up for you as best I could, saying you were a Montrose man and as a result perhaps weren't entirely in control of your faculties, but he wasn't having any of it. Basically, you need to sort your shit out pronto or face enternal damnation. The chippy god has spoken. Good luck, brother.

They say fortune favours the brave. Having thrown caution to the wind by ordering a red pudding supper instead of my usual white tonight, I have to say they are right. I gambled and won. Red puddings are fucking class.

I steeled myself by seeking guidance from above outside the chippy. Laying out my prayer mat (a week old copy of The Sun) and kneeling facing east towards Mecca (the bingo hall along the road) I asked the chippy god to watch over me. The whisper on the wind carried a heavenly voice.

It might have been the chippy god, or it might have been the homeless fellow sitting begging outside the shop, but that voice offered great comfort and the will to carry out my mission. As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil.

The good lord provided. Brothers and sisters, consider me a convert to the ways of the red pudding. They are very tasty indeed. Much more sausage-like than I anticipated, highly flavoursome and complimented beautifully by their crispy batter cocoon. My chips were fresh and delicious, and my can of Coke ice cold, making my inaugural red pudding supper experience a deeply pleasurable one.

FAO Stimpy - I had a word with the chippy god about this white pudding and curry sauce business, and brother, it is time to repent your sins. Boy's no happy, like. He was calling you all kinds of names. I stuck up for you as best I could, saying you were a Montrose man and as a result perhaps weren't entirely in control of your faculties, but he wasn't having any of it. Basically, you need to sort your shit out pronto or face enternal damnation. The chippy god has spoken. Good luck, brother.

Hallelujah !!! The red pudding faith welcomes you to our brethren. Spread the word my brother.

There's something about an ice cold can of juice with a chippy compared to any other fast food, the greasy fingers on the can does it. I used to be a 750ml glass bottle man, but I converted.

I need to get my hands on some of this red or white pudding stuff, both sound sensational.

Hallelujah !!! The red pudding faith welcomes you to our brethren. Spread the word my brother.

Testify! Brother Gordie, you made the right call on the broon sauce front. I went sauce-free tonight but broon would undoubtedly be the one to go with.

There's something about an ice cold can of juice with a chippy compared to any other fast food, the greasy fingers on the can does it. I used to be a 750ml glass bottle man, but I converted.

I need to get my hands on some of this red or white pudding stuff, both sound sensational.

My tactic is to wait until I'm 3/4 of the way through the chippy before cracking the juice open and nailing half the can in one go. It sets off an audible gasp of satisfaction every single time.

Introduce yourself to the pudding brothers from the chippy family, laddie. Lifelong friendships await.

Posts like this keep my faith in humanity.. and (borrowing some Dundee Dialect...) 'a big grin on Meh Pus' :D .......... Have a green dot Sir...!

FAO West of Scotland: There's a chippy in Troon called 'The Fish House' that sells red and white puddings.

Troon??? I'd be quicker going to Fife for one.

This whole thread is confusing the hell out of me, I always assumed that Red/White/Black and haggis puddings were a mainstay of chippy's all over Scotland but now

I find that there are people out there who have not tried some of these delicacies and worse still did not know of their existence.

Proof if ever it was needed that there is in fact no God.

Never heard of a red pudding before this thread. Heard of white puddings but I've never tried one. My sister and brother both stay in Fife so I might try one of these red pudding thingies the next time I'm through there. Can anyone recomend a decent red pudding establishment in Kirkaldy or Cupar?

Archived