Where Can You Get A Red Pudding?

King Kebab

My mate was a butcher for a while and Id sometimes go and visit him at his work....Watching black pudding being made is revolting. I have never eaten it since :lol:

Its basically just a gigantic blood clot.

I used to and occaisionally still do (read: cash in hand at Christmas) work in a butchers and it isn't that bad FFS! Have some balls man, it tastes fucking good and you liked it before!!

At the end of the day there are lots of things that dont look great as they are made but taste fantastic anyway.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
b*****d, my mum always told me there was no meat in a white pudding, soo gutted as i was told what was in a black pudding and went off of them and only used to have a white pudding now that is me off of that too now. :(

Why? Its just oatmeal and fat. Its basically deep fried porridge.

Why? Its just oatmeal and fat. Its basically deep fried porridge.

:lol:

I havent had a chippy for years, but that red pudding looks nice, or as nice as a coloured based supper could look.

Nope, am like a half veggie in a weird way, as a young kid i like choked on steak then burnt my hand on the platter it was served on and since then i have struggled to eatany type of meat unless it's chicken or a burger which i have now cut down on, i know that burgers are bad for me and it isna the best of meat (please noone mention all the stuff in them and that or i won't eat them again and then i'm fucked) i tried to eat a bit of kebab meat about 9 month ago without realising it was that on the pizza as soon as my sister told me what was on it i spewed that is how bad i am.

You need to see a doctor. Not a single part of that anecdote is healthy.

Guest Ron Burgundy
Just trying to find out how far from Fife you have to go before the chances of a Red Pudding Supper become nil!!!

You could go to any chippy in Fife and get one no problem, but I have yet to be in one in Edinburgh where you can!!!

So basically this Puddinglisious demograph can show us where the line in the sand can finally be drawn!!!

Eg Mak_QOFC can you get them in Dumfries, Bluetooner can you get them up there???

Answers please...

a thread started by King Kebab about red puddings...I was expecting a horrific picture of post menstraul sexual relations or summit....imagine my relief.

a thread started by King Kebab about red puddings...I was expecting a horrific picture of post menstraul sexual relations or summit....imagine my relief.

But do you get the pudding de rouge in Airdrie though Ron???

since bluetooner lives in the usa, i have a sneaky feeling he may not get a red pudding there!!

however as a devotee of them i ve found they are mostly found from kirkcaldy to inverness up the east coast!!

since i have moved to caldy it was too my joy when i seen them on the menu of a chipper :lol:

It sounds a bit like a sausage snack, I had in a takeaway in Munich, after a few beers. It was red, tasted very spicey and you got a mustard dip with it. Very nice I might add.

I've only ever had one sausage in Germany that I didn't like (matron), ironically enough it was a local Bavarian speciality, "Weisswurst."

weisswurst.jpg

The pretzel and the sweet mustard (which it came with, just as in the picture) were ace; the sausage itself could be politely termed as "aromatic," but I think that "medicinal" and "rank" are closer to the mark.

Guest Ron Burgundy
But do you get the pudding de rouge in Airdrie though Ron???

nope never seen it anywhere in the Monklands area.....is it nicer than black pudding...whats the taste difference???

I've only ever had one sausage in Germany that I didn't like (matron), ironically enough it was a local Bavarian speciality, "Weisswurst."

weisswurst.jpg

The pretzel and the sweet mustard (which it came with, just as in the picture) were ace; the sausage itself could be politely termed as "aromatic," but I think that "medicinal" and "rank" are closer to the mark.

That looks like the breakfast sausages they were big on. I generally just had a continental breakfast. Although, as you say there are a great variety of sausages on offer. I think, I would be about 20 stone if I stayed there, as the sausages really are the business.

Yes, apparently you're not supposed to eat weisswurst after noon, it's a big faux pas if you do. (Needless to say I sampled mine around the 3pm mark.)

I, too, would be even more of a beefer than I am were I a German, not just because of the sausages but also their doner kebabs.

• 4 years later...

Does anywhere in the West sell the wonderful Red Pudding yet ?

Not even the central belt. <_<

Whenever I'm up in Arbroath, I make a point of trying to stop for a red pudding supper. Munchie boxes appear to have spread to the north east, but sadly, red puddings remain localised.

Archived