Where Can You Get A Red Pudding?

King Kebab

Red pudding from the Kebab House in Inverness. You'll be firing on all cylinders from both ends for the rest of the week.

I've had red pudding once (from said establishment) and won't try it again. However that probably goes for most things from the Kebab House.

Is that the one that was next to the Celtic shop on the High Street? If it is, that one has now changed hands and is called Best Kebab or something similar. There's a queue of obese school kids there every lunch time.

Topkapi on Baron Taylor Street is my favoured late night local grease merchant, although I almost always now have a Subway since that opens until 3am at the weekend.

I don't really like any deep fried food and my weird food phobias mean that I have never eaten a sausage or black pudding in my life, but I think I'll need to give these Red and White Puddings a try.

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red Pudding is fucking tremendous, the best I've found in Dundee are the New Popular on King Street and that weird half Chinese half Chippy on Lochee high street. I always thought it was pretty much the same as Polony just shaped like a chippy black pudding.

Many a time I've tried to explain what a White Pudding is to people not from around here and whoever it was that said its deep-fried porridge just hit the nail on the head!

Troon??? I'd be quicker going to Fife for one.

Never heard of a red pudding before this thread. Heard of white puddings but I've never tried one. My sister and brother both stay in Fife so I might try one of these red pudding thingies the next time I'm through there. Can anyone recomend a decent red pudding establishment in Kirkaldy or Cupar?

Sister aaand brother. Have the family come to terms with it? That sort of thing is legal in Fife, so I'm fine with it.

What's the difference between a chip steak and a mock chop? I've never had a mock chop. I hadn't even heard of one till I started working with a boy from Arbroath.

You can get red puddings in some chippys in Falkirk

• 3 months later...

You can buy battered red/white puddings in falconers butchers and enjoy the experience at home anytime.

I know, I was amazed too.

Mock chops, king ribs and chipsteak too.

WTF is a "mock chop" ?

My train home from Ayr was full of red puddings all week. I assume they had been on the beach too long !

WTF is a "mock chop" ?

My train home from Ayr was full of red puddings all week. I assume they had been on the beach too long !

mockchopsupper2.jpg

The mock chop in all its glory. Had one up Aberdeenshire way once.

Remember it being nice, but I was hammered.

I used to run a chippy. A mock chop is commonly recovered lamb shaped into a chop although most shops now use beef chops. Chip steaks are epic. Basically just a huge economy burger. White puddings are basically just oats, onions and beef fat. Most people think they are a veggie option but the beef fat is necessary to keep the pudding moist whilst cooking. Red puddings are rank. I have always thought they are similar to a hot dog/ smoked sausage hybrid. Texture of a smokie but as tasteless as a hot dog.

No matter what colour the sauce it doesn't deserve to be near fish! Ever!

I used to get pissed off when people put curry sauce all over their food. On chips is almost acceptable but certainly not on batter! I considered taking it off the menu but it's a massive money maker.

I used to run a chippy. A mock chop is commonly recovered lamb shaped into a chop although most shops now use beef chops. Chip steaks are epic. Basically just a huge economy burger. White puddings are basically just oats, onions and beef fat. Most people think they are a veggie option but the beef fat is necessary to keep the pudding moist whilst cooking. Red puddings are rank. I have always thought they are similar to a hot dog/ smoked sausage hybrid. Texture of a smokie but as tasteless as a hot dog.

No matter what colour the sauce it doesn't deserve to be near fish! Ever!

I used to get pissed off when people put curry sauce all over their food. On chips is almost acceptable but certainly not on batter! I considered taking it off the menu but it's a massive money maker.

And I used to think a donner was dodgy !

Archived