Where Can You Get A Red Pudding?

King Kebab

Just trying to find out how far from Fife you have to go before the chances of a Red Pudding Supper become nil!!!

You could go to any chippy in Fife and get one no problem, but I have yet to be in one in Edinburgh where you can!!!

So basically this Puddinglisious demograph can show us where the line in the sand can finally be drawn!!!

Eg Mak_QOFC can you get them in Dumfries, Bluetooner can you get them up there???

Answers please...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think I've ever seen them in Dundee either!!! :huh:

Btw

Your Red Pudding is not a smoked sausage or a Savaloy, it is a Pudding such as a White or a Black is a Pudding....

.....'cept it's red!!!

So its kind of looking like an "East Coast" thing only!!!

You Westies just don't know what you're missing!!!

What is in a red pudding? BTW you can get them in any chipper up here mate.

According to Wiki...

Red pudding is a food commonly served at chip shops in England and Scotland as an alternative to fish (see Fish and chips). Naturally, the pudding is coloured red inside. It consists of spicy pork meat and fat that is formed into the shape of a large sausage of roughly 8 inches in length. In different chip shops red pudding is either deep fried on its own or coated with batter. The red pudding is served warm and usually wrapped to take home. It is not as dry to eat as similar local delicacies of black pudding or white pudding. It is similar in taste to a saveloy.

"Commonly served", certainly doesn't look like it so far!!!

I won't have one until i find out what is in it? is it just like a sausage or is it a black pudding but dyed red instead?

Its made the same way as black puddings (but without the blood) and white puddings (but without the 100% oatmeal) it's made of un-named pork bits and is slightly spicey!!!

Just look at the photo doesn't that make you feel hungry???

b*****d, my mum always told me there was no meat in a white pudding, soo gutted as i was told what was in a black pudding and went off of them and only used to have a white pudding now that is me off of that too now. :(

b*****d, my mum always told me there was no meat in a white pudding, soo gutted as i was told what was in a black pudding and went off of them and only used to have a white pudding now that is me off of that too now. :(

That you on the red now???

That you on the red now???

Nope, am like a half veggie in a weird way, as a young kid i like choked on steak then burnt my hand on the platter it was served on and since then i have struggled to eatany type of meat unless it's chicken or a burger which i have now cut down on, i know that burgers are bad for me and it isna the best of meat (please noone mention all the stuff in them and that or i won't eat them again and then i'm fucked) i tried to eat a bit of kebab meat about 9 month ago without realising it was that on the pizza as soon as my sister told me what was on it i spewed that is how bad i am.

"Pudding penetration" at chippies in west and central Greenock, and central Gourock, is as follows:

Black: ~99.5%

White: ~10%

Red: 0%

By those estimates, surely i may be served a black or whit pudding when i wanted something completely different.

Anway, maybe the problem is that the red pudding isnt as common as the licence for it costs more than for a black and white one??

:ph34r: ...i am truly truly sorry

My mate was a butcher for a while and Id sometimes go and visit him at his work....Watching black pudding being made is revolting. I have never eaten it since :lol:

Its basically just a gigantic blood clot.

Archived