Over Moderating

St Sid

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also believe that moderators won't argue with each other regarding closing of topics. If one thinks it's suitable for closure/deletion then I can't see the rest of them disagreeing, why would they bother?

I can confirm that is incorrect, and the topic in question was funnily enough an example when we didn't all agree on the same course of action.

So there. Ner ner ner :lol:

I've said it before and I will say it again, Stewarty Mac is the worst Mod I have ever seen on here. He picks and chooses what he deletes, clearly giving certain members preferential treatment to others.

Gutted when I found out he had begged Div for his Moderator position back.

Only threads that contain defamatory posts should be deleted.

Anything else is fine. If there are homophobic, racist etc posts, as Sid says they will be laughed at/ridiculed. It's far better we see these inbred Daily Mail types out in the open, rather than let them fester away in Fife.

I've said it before and I will say it again, Stewarty Mac is the worst Mod I have ever seen on here. He picks and chooses what he deletes, clearly giving certain members preferential treatment to others.

Gutted when I found out he had begged Div for his Moderator position back.

Bye then.

I can confirm that is incorrect, and the topic in question was funnily enough an example when we didn't all agree on the same course of action.

Fair enough.

I mean I wasn't trying to hassle you and the other moderators about it, I just doubt every decision to close/move a thread is taken in discussion with all the mods. That leaves it open to moderation by opinion rather than criteria.

That said, I don't care enough to worry about it. If topics are closed/moved then c'est la vie.

Pedant alert!

I don't know, I only believe.

The reason? Because I've yet to see a single moderator comment to suggest they do.

Let's look at it in context, if your work colleague says they've done a task are you that bothered to find out what they did and if it was done correctly? Of course not, and I wouldn't expect all but the most ardent moderators to do so.

It appears that it was a majority decision rather than a unanimous one, which suggests there is a sane mod out there.

Pedantic or not, as the 2 other posts i quoted show, it was already stated in this case that it was a majority decision. In the past the MODS have often said they would discuss things before taking action. I think the MODS work well together, and have no reason to suggest that they just back eachother up for the sake of being nice to eachother. (in-fact there has been reversals of MODS decisions after discussion with others)

I just doubt every decision to close/move a thread is taken in discussion with all the mods.

They aren't. It depends on the complaint in question. Some decisions are singular ones, and others are discussed by more than one of us. Every complaint is different, and is treated differently.

It's not the Geneva convention mate, it's a fitbaw forum, no idea why people take it so seriously.

Pedantic or not, as the 2 other posts i quoted show, it was already stated in this case that it was a majority decision. In the past the MODS have often said they would discuss things before taking action. I think the MODS work well together, and have no reason to suggest that they just back eachother up for the sake of being nice to eachother. (in-fact there has been reversals of MODS decisions after discussion with others)

Er, you seem to have developed an inability to read my post. Let's try again.

In my post I said, "I believe..."

In your post you asked, "How do you know.."

It wasn't until SM actually stated for fact that this was the case on this issue that we knew for certain.

Anyway, you seem to think I have something against the mods? Personally I could care less who they are and what they do, I'm just stating an opinion that the moderation can sometimes be a little uneven in places.

If I'm so unhappy about it, I'll just not post. End of.

It's not the Geneva convention mate, it's a fitbaw forum, no idea why people take it so seriously.

Exactly...although the geneva convention was less paranoid about right wing nazi's than the west end bendy and the mods. Try not to take your moderating so seriously and tell c*cks like tizzy to f"k off rather than legendary contributors like the bold St Sid. :D

Only threads that contain defamatory posts should be deleted.

Anything else is fine. If there are homophobic, racist etc posts, as Sid says they will be laughed at/ridiculed. It's far better we see these inbred Daily Mail types out in the open, rather than let them fester away in Fife.

I would agree with that, although I can understand Div's point of view in deleting racist posts - he probably doesn't want to be associated with a site that has hundreds of posts about paki's or whatever.

Archived