Coronation Street

stuart.

No danger of Weatherfield having a court backlog then.

Only a short while after Todd was arrested, kept in custody overnight, sentenced to Community Service the next day and released, Hope is found guilty of arson and due to be sentenced the following day.

In fairness, I'm sure there's no way they'd want any background reports on a 10-year-old before she's sentenced for a serious crime.

9 hours ago, Satans_Husband said:

No danger of Weatherfield having a court backlog then.

Only a short while after Todd was arrested, kept in custody overnight, sentenced to Community Service the next day and released, Hope is found guilty of arson and due to be sentenced the following day.

In fairness, I'm sure there's no way they'd want any background reports on a 10-year-old before she's sentenced for a serious crime.

And Todd's blackmail plan against David and Shona was resolved in two episodes. It's as if the writers have decided that the modern viewer has a limited attention span and can't handle storylines that drag on for weeks at a... what was I saying?

On 04/08/2021 at 23:45, Satans_Husband said:

I've been trying to visualise the previous young actor who portrayed Aadi playing these scenes with Summer. Difficult. Just as well the last young guy 'decided to quit'.

He looks alot more grown-up now;

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/15899447/coronation-street-aadi-alahan-original-zennon-ditchett/amp/

22 hours ago, Satans_Husband said:

Yasmeen must be a little miffed that she spent months on remand after whacking Geoff with a bottle, when she could surely have been in court and sentenced the following day.

Meanwhile, Weatherfield's Finest appear to have forgotten they were investigating the death of the gangster Gary killed.

21 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Meanwhile, Weatherfield's Finest appear to have forgotten they were investigating the death of the gangster Gary killed.

Craig only has so much time...

12 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Did anyone spot this from Brian tonight?

"I saw someone throw a milkshake in Yasmina's bush".

tMR8KKUH.jpg

I noticed that! He added that he couldn't say anything to them because he was polishing the paperboy at the time...

They've definitely been pushing the boundaries with the saucy comments over the last few months. Maybe the bored writers are having a competition amongst themselves to see who can get the filthiest line in the show?

I remember Daisy in the Rovers, when she was about to try and seduce Ryan, helping herself from an optic and saying words to the effect of, "I'm after a stiff one, and I don't mean a drink."

7 minutes ago, Satans_Husband said:

They've definitely been pushing the boundaries with the saucy comments over the last few months. Maybe the bored writers are having a competition amongst themselves to see who can get the filthiest line in the show?

I remember Daisy in the Rovers, when she was about to try and seduce Ryan, helping herself from an optic and saying words to the effect of, "I'm after a stiff one, and I don't mean a drink."

I didn't realise she was keen on necrophilia?

Sally was at it too, last night, something to Daisy about "coming out of a stranger's Volvo" I think.

Remember last year when we were supposed to believe Debbie was a master manipulator and excellent businesswoman?

Last week she was duped twice in the same day by both Leanne Battersby and a local fish monger.

56 minutes ago, Nick_BCFC said:

Remember last year when we were supposed to believe Debbie was a master manipulator and excellent businesswoman?

Last week she was duped twice in the same day by both Leanne Battersby and a local fish monger.

Also interesting to see a woman with a business empire including five star hotels (despite the empire supposedly going to collapse if the Coronation Street development didn't go through) filling in as a waitress in the Bistro and doing business by haggling with a couple of locals over slips of paper.

I bet Debbie and Nick have a one night stand at some point. They should at least try to make it interesting by having Debbie drunkenly shagging Leanne instead.

39 minutes ago, Satans_Husband said:

I bet Debbie and Nick have a one night stand at some point. They should at least try to make it interesting by having Debbie drunkenly shagging Leanne instead.

No, it has to be Nick, otherwise Debbie can't get pregnant.

20 minutes ago, GordonD said:
1 hour ago, Satans_Husband said:

No, it has to be Nick, otherwise Debbie can't get pregnant.

Unless Leanne turned up with a mouthful.

10 hours ago, Moose Loose said:

Unless Leanne turned up with a mouthful.

That would mean she'd have to stop talking for five minutes.

As to the visual image that has given me...

Disgusted.gif

40 minutes ago, Arthur daley said:

Jesus hope not ,she must be about mid 50’s Shirley ? 

Definitely early fifties anyway. That wouldn't stop them. This show will now do anything if they think it will get a bit of attention.

26 minutes ago, Satans_Husband said:

Definitely early fifties anyway. That wouldn't stop them. This show will now do anything if they think it will get a bit of attention.

Almost 53 according to Corriepedia. (Born 7 September 1968)

Last week I was watching a documentary about Victoria Wood's 'dinnerladies' sitcom. One of the customers looked very familiar and when I checked the names it was none other than Sue Devaney, aka Debbie, about twenty years younger. Keeping up the tradition that everybody in it, with the exception of Wood herself, had been or would be in Corrie.

Edited by GordonD