Coronation Street

stuart.

13 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

He must have the highest arrest rate in Manchester

Imagine what it would be like if his beat extended over more than three streets.

5 hours ago, GordonD said:

Imagine what it would be like if his beat extended over more than three streets.

Ray thought that Craig’s beat only covered three streets as well, until he turned up at the airport to arrest him in the departure lounge .

Ray thought that Craig’s beat only covered three streets as well, until he turned up at the airport to arrest him in the departure lounge .
Only because the crimes occurred on his three streets beat, though...

After the long, long build up, the big reveal of Todd's deceptions was a real anticlimax. I expect him to be forgiven by most people very quickly and Will to probably take no condemnation at all.

Strange that Dev didn't phone his 'mate that owns his own Printers' when they were first doing the calendar or to help him out by reprinting it after the kiwi scrotum horror.

On 28/07/2021 at 20:56, Lyle Lanley said:

Craig being a police officer is unrealistic :lol: 

Completely.

"Are you a policeman or our friend?"

"I want to be both."

F*** off!

I was quite pleased with the Todd Comeuppance thing, if only to cement what a sanctimonious cuntbag Billy is. The Charles Manson in Skinny Jeans line was a nice update on Norman Bates with a briefcase. And I quite enjoyed Paul’s smug saunter down Coronation Street as Todd was getting lifted.

I’m hoping Craig does close ranks on James and Michael. He’s already demonstrated the capability of being a wrong ‘un with Faye when he became a bit creepy about getting his hole, and suggesting that Faye didn’t deserve her promotion and stuff, so to see him go full Tommy Robinson would at least give his character something of a dimension.

Best of the week so far, though, has been wee Hope. Isabella Flanagan is really giving it her all these days and the potential is there for Hope to finally live up to her destiny and kill, Alina looking like the prime victim number one, probably followed closely by Ty if she doesn’t get those fucking trainers pronto.

4 minutes ago, MSU said:

I was quite pleased with the Todd Comeuppance thing, if only to cement what a sanctimonious cuntbag Billy is. The Charles Manson in Skinny Jeans line was a nice update on Norman Bates with a briefcase. And I quite enjoyed Paul’s smug saunter down Coronation Street as Todd was getting lifted.

I’m hoping Craig does close ranks on James and Michael. He’s already demonstrated the capability of being a wrong ‘un with Faye when he became a bit creepy about getting his hole, and suggesting that Faye didn’t deserve her promotion and stuff, so to see him go full Tommy Robinson would at least give his character something of a dimension.

Best of the week so far, though, has been wee Hope. Isabella Flanagan is really giving it her all these days and the potential is there for Hope to finally live up to her destiny and kill, Alina looking like the prime victim number one, probably followed closely by Ty if she doesn’t get those fucking trainers pronto.

I haven’t watched this in ages. Is ‘Ope not a baby any more? 
I used to watch Corrie and EE constantly but for a time the writing got so bad that I just couldn’t take it any more and stopped.

On 25/07/2021 at 21:17, Nick_BCFC said:

Tyrone trying to spark that guy out was another pathetic scene.

I have always loathed Tyrone. Do he and Fizz still keep their home as an utter hovel?

On 28/07/2021 at 15:56, Lyle Lanley said:

Craig being a police officer is unrealistic :lol: 

I’m sure I’ve said this before but before the pandemic, Craig told someone on the street that a) he’s not allowed to have his beat near the street where he lives and b) he’s not even allowed to be seen in uniform near where he lives.

The producers clearly thought, well, what’s the fucking point of him being a copper, then, and promptly trashed their own rules. COVID might also have had a say in matters.

And let’s not forget, until recently, he was supposed to be on the fast-track to CID. In the last week, in a throwaway line that’s easily missed, he seemed to suggest that he’d removed himself from the programme.

I was surprised that PC Racism managed to remember that his nickname on the force is Clogs.

2 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I used to watch Corrie and EE constantly but for a time the writing got so bad that I just couldn’t take it any more and stopped.

Hope must be about 10 by now.

I’m sure generally speaking the writing hasn’t improved significantly since you stopped watching either show.

1 minute ago, MSU said:

Hope must be about 10 by now.

I’m sure generally speaking the writing hasn’t improved significantly since you stopped watching either show.

My final Eastenders episode was the Harry and Megan/FA Cup Final episode. 

This wee guy delivered some mawkish cloying lines about how seeing Megan marrying into the royal family made him feel like he was being accepted because he was mixed race too and then he was promptly stabbed and killed outside the Queen Vic. Pathetic.

12CA99C2-C3A1-494D-B25A-487DF6023832.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

The girl that now plays hope and the boy that plays  chesneys son Joseph are twins in real life . 

I like the banter between Steve and Tim.  One of the best ever lines was when Steve sold the Rovers and Tim was helping him move out.

Tim (carrying a box). "This is heavy - is it your old wedding rings?"

I was half expecting Hope to draw flames around Alina in her family picture project.

11 hours ago, Thorongil said:

My final Eastenders episode was the Harry and Megan/FA Cup Final episode. 

This wee guy delivered some mawkish cloying lines about how seeing Megan marrying into the royal family made him feel like he was being accepted because he was mixed race too and then he was promptly stabbed and killed outside the Queen Vic. Pathetic.

12CA99C2-C3A1-494D-B25A-487DF6023832.jpeg

London soap thread for this pish