Jump to content
stuart.

Coronation Street

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

PC Tinker, soon to be Detective Inspector of the CID, monumental climb up the greasy police pole, from the overweight ginger.

That's unfair, he slimmed down a hell of a lot during the first lockdown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The entirely different Covid regulations on the street are irritating enough but on what planet were they when they thought going to a gig would be a normal thing by early  April?

I was wishing they'd done something experimental again and they've certainly missed a big opportunity. Tyrone looked so ecstatic after his tumble with Alina that they should have capitalised and devoted a full episode, maybe an hour-long one, to more of his reaction.

In a largely dialogue-free episode, we could have watched Tyrone wandering the streets and parks, smiling away to himself. Sometimes waving to strangers across the street, sitting on a bench feeding pigeons, pausing at a grocers to look at the produce and saying softly to himself, "Delicious fruit." There are any number of possibilities and it would have been a beautifully relaxing half hour or hour to join him in his meditation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just caught up with last week.

I don’t think I have anything to comment on apart from Cathy being shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crowther's lines between Kev and Tyrone about the Tom Petty CD in the truck were brilliant and probably the best thing in the show for the last couple of months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good line where Cory answered Asha's question on what weapon the Americans dropped on people on Vietnam with "Dev."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Just when you thought the drugs storyline had scraped the barrel . . .

Who honestly writes this shit?

Absolutely. Sarah doesn't think to report the rogue text to the police? And the previously smartest kid on the street turns into the dumbest as he's completely taken in by a strange woman.

They really want their moneys worth out of those police station and prison sets and they're in near constant use now, with the regular characters taking a turn each at a spell inside.

There's a hideous inevitability that Big Craig's speedy promotion to the CID is going to coincide with him discovering a gang of bent coppers. And the corruption will go right to the top as we're 'stunned' to discover that the senior officer he confides in is actually the boss of it all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Satans_Husband said:

There's a hideous inevitability that Big Craig's speedy promotion to the CID is going to coincide with him discovering a gang of bent coppers. And the corruption will go right to the top as we're 'stunned' to discover that the senior officer he confides in is actually the boss of it all.

I'm sure you're right. But we also kinda did that a few years ago with the copper also being a nonce story with Beffany.

I'm giving the Sam / Sharon thing a pass for now. He's being groomed by the only person who seemed to give a f**k it was his birthday.

Edited by MSU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does everyone just assume Sharon is a nosey b*****d considering all she seems to do is ask questions about people's personal lives 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Does everyone just assume Sharon is a nosey b*****d considering all she seems to do is ask questions about people's personal lives 

To be fair she does know a lot of the people she's asking about from when she lived in the Street before, so she's just wondering what has happened to them since she left.

That in itself is a bit far-fetched though - Rita's long-lost foster daughter just happens to be Harvey's auntie. What next - Les Battersby's son is the hard man of D-wing and puts Harvey in the prison hospital when he finds out that his step-sister is in danger?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/04/2021 at 19:13, GordonD said:

To be fair she does know a lot of the people she's asking about from when she lived in the Street before, so she's just wondering what has happened to them since she left.

That in itself is a bit far-fetched though - Rita's long-lost foster daughter just happens to be Harvey's auntie. What next - Les Battersby's son is the hard man of D-wing and puts Harvey in the prison hospital when he finds out that his step-sister is in danger?

I hope they do bring Les’s son back! He’s just shown up on Classic Coronation Street. I can’t recall the original story and whether he was actually Les’s true son or not!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/04/2021 at 16:39, Bert Raccoon said:

Does everyone just assume Sharon is a nosey b*****d considering all she seems to do is ask questions about people's personal lives 

Who's Sharon? (I'm not up to date, I'm pleased to say!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bold Rover said:

Who's Sharon? (I'm not up to date, I'm pleased to say!)

image.thumb.jpeg.785c5ad3334f94be8c0a3602430d18e8.jpeg

Ex Foster child of Rita who's turned up again out the blue but actually turns out she's related to the drug dealer Lee Anne Battersby has grassed and put in jail so she's reappeared to try and find where Lee Anne is hiding and her main way of doing this is basically by being a right nosey b*****d 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

image.thumb.jpeg.785c5ad3334f94be8c0a3602430d18e8.jpeg

Ex Foster child of Rita who's turned up again out the blue but actually turns out she's related to the drug dealer Lee Anne Battersby has grassed and put in jail so she's reappeared to try and find where Lee Anne is hiding and her main way of doing this is basically by being a right nosey b*****d 

The treatment must be working: I have no memory of her, whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...