stuart.

Coronation Street

1 hour ago, Satans_Husband said:

Yes. He staggered into the Rovers in tattered clothing, the earth from his the grave staining his hands and face, and said, "What's this VE Day thing then?" 

A strange development, but nothing too surprising for the show these days.

Insert "Not sure if serious" meme here.

Heads-up for Sunday: at 7:30pm STV are showing 'The Road to Coronation Street', the dramatisation of how the programme came into being that was made for the fiftieth anniversary. Excellent stuff with some great performances from people playing the original cast (James Roache as his own dad, Lynda Baron as Violet Carson [Ena Sharples] and Celia Imrie as Doris Speed [Annie Walker]. And Jessie Wallace is outstanding as Pat Phoenix, aka Elsie Tanner.) Definitely worth watching.

Pleasing that the Street is going to uplift the Lockdown spirits with an infant mortality storyline.

If Nick's changing hairstyle and instabeard are anything to go by, the episodes that mix pre and post Covid scenes might be amusing.

1 hour ago, Satans_Husband said:

If Nick's changing hairstyle and instabeard are anything to go by, the episodes that mix pre and post Covid scenes might be amusing.

A bit like the Richard Donner cut of Superman II, where they reconstructed the original storyline using discarded footage and where necessary Christopher Reeve's audition scenes. Completely different hairstyle and glasses, plus he was a lot thinner and less muscular.

3 hours ago, GordonD said:

A bit like the Richard Donner cut of Superman II, where they reconstructed the original storyline using discarded footage and where necessary Christopher Reeve's audition scenes. Completely different hairstyle and glasses, plus he was a lot thinner and less muscular.

I'm sure that's the first thing that sprung to a lot of people's minds. 😄

Anyone notice the time on the cooker in the scene between Sally & Tim in the kitchen kept jumping back and forth?

1 hour ago, Nick_BCFC said:

Anyone notice the time on the cooker in the scene between Sally & Tim in the kitchen kept jumping back and forth?

Good spot.

Good scene when Tim was thinking out loud to Faye, persuading himself that Geoff was a good dad and a good man.

Surely all prisoner telephone conversations are recorded but this will obviously not be something ever mentioned.

9 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Surely all prisoner telephone conversations are recorded but this will obviously not be something ever mentioned.

I'm not expecting Alya to connect Geoff being at Speed Dal with the disappearance of her phone either.

Alya being yet another person that hasn't bothered with a lock on her phone.

Edited by Satans_Husband

Whatever happened to the days of Alec Gilroy, peak Jack Duckworth, Battersby and co. The glory days of corrie! I'd rather watch the classic corrie episodes they show on ITV 3 than the sensationalist garbage and silly characters on it thesedays. 

1 hour ago, Diamond. Dave said:

Whatever happened to the days of Alec Gilroy, peak Jack Duckworth, Battersby and co. The glory days of corrie! I'd rather watch the classic corrie episodes they show on ITV 3 than the sensationalist garbage and silly characters on it thesedays. 

I'd agree. I do enjoy the classic episodes in ITV 3, in fairness, the Classic Emmerdales and Eastenders are also better so I think in general soaps have deteriorated considerably over time.

30 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I'd agree. I do enjoy the classic episodes in ITV 3, in fairness, the Classic Emmerdales and Eastenders are also better so I think in general soaps have deteriorated considerably over time.

Certainly have. Have also caught some of the classic Eastenders and Emmerdale on Itv 3. Back then things were different, Corrie especially a more lighthearted programme with charming yet believable storylines. Great to be able to relive it with the re runs. Sadly now it's all about trying to outdo one another with the next ridiculous plot. Makes for depressing viewing. 

13 hours ago, Diamond. Dave said:

Sadly now it's all about trying to outdo one another with the next ridiculous plot.

Absolutely this. It's like the Bond films constantly trying to top the last one until they peaked with Moonraker. The follow-up was scaled right back and was a far better film.

Over the almost sixty years, Coronation Street must have a higher murder ratio per head than New York.

If Adam is wanting to lead Rick's wife on and pretend he's single, clearly the best place to meet her for a few drinks is the Rovers.

I'm managing to get the 6am classic corrie episode at 6am before I head off to work. Magic. Derek and mavis, Jim Mcdonald, a very early Roy cropper. Brilliant. 

The Classic episodes on just now are particularly good, Jack and Vera have just took over The Rovers and Jim's just battered Elizabeth. A simpler time.

Those jokes about Kirk's balls were quite something.

I'm finding the whole Covid distancing thing a bit of a distraction in scenes.

Geoff washing his hands was funny. They should do those scenes in complete silence just to add emphasis.

On 14/07/2020 at 23:07, Bert Raccoon said:

The Classic episodes on just now are particularly good, Jack and Vera have just took over The Rovers and Jim's just battered Elizabeth. A simpler time.

HOW ABOUT YE??