stuart.

Coronation Street

12 hours ago, JamesConnelly said:

According to the spoilers, it’s a stand alone episode set in Blackpool focusing on Rita.

Soft focus, I hope.

Geoff playing the old "My ex used to beat me up" sympathy card. Can't wait until he gets bludgeoned to death.

Can’t wait either. If only to stop my wife shouting at the telly whenever he’s on

24 minutes ago, JamesConnelly said:

Can’t wait either. If only to stop my wife shouting at the telly whenever he’s on emoji23.pngemoji23.png

You're not keeping her under proper control. Maybe you should watch Geoff closely and pick up a few tips...

20 hours ago, JamesConnelly said:

According to the spoilers, it’s a stand alone episode set in Blackpool focusing on Rita.

She'll not dodge the trams so easily now.

2 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Really good episode tonight I thought, fantastic dialogue. 

Agreed. I liked Rita in the Rovers at the end, remembering all the voices from the past.

And the creators went to the trouble of making a vintage credits sequence, only for STV to f**k it up by squashing it into a corner of the screen so they could do a continuity announcement.

Spoiler

But the big question has to be - is Ken leaving?

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

Agreed. I liked Rita in the Rovers at the end, remembering all the voices from the past.

And the creators went to the trouble of making a vintage credits sequence, only for STV to f**k it up by squashing it into a corner of the screen so they could do a continuity announcement.

Reveal hidden contents

But the big question has to be - is Ken leaving?

That credits thing is insane. You'd think they could have avoided trailering whatever it was on this one occasion. Pathetic really.

The episode itself was well done. Normally I hate the kind of thing they did with Rita wandering around to voices from the past, but it worked very well.

The opening nod to the original episode was well judged as well.

As to your hidden question. The 60th anniversary episode perhaps. Seems like a good bet.

22 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

The actor who played the bus driver, I know he's been in a few tv shows before but I'm sure he's played a part in Corrie previously? Maybe just a cameo role.emoji848.png

His name's John Henshaw. Yeah, there's been a few (see the link below)
I remember him from Early Doors back in 2003/4.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0378132/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

2 hours ago, ali_91 said:

He also was in the impeccable ‘Jimmy Grimble,’ with Samia Ghadie 20 (twenty) years ago.

Ah yes, with the plot ripped off from "Billy's Boots".

A bit too much singing on a bus for my liking, but overall I thought the 10,000th episode was great. Genuinely warm and funny and I had goosebumps for pretty much the last three or four minutes.

Someone on another forum said that the driver John Henshaw is the real life father of Sally Carman (Abi) but I can't find anything online to confirm. Can any of you Poirots shed any light on this?

A patchy week on the cobbles. The Detective Bethany storyline was so fucking stupid, Daniel announcing that he's getting his hole again to a bar who flatly don't care was awful, but Brian and Cathy singing Lady Marmalade and Abi blowing up Ray Weinstein's Porsche made me smile.

At last James has 'come out' to his dad who has no defence for his homophobia. The timing of this storyline was perfect with the mention of Justin Fashanu who was inducted into the Hall of Fame the same day.