stuart.

Coronation Street

5 hours ago, Nick_BCFC said:

19 posts in the last 44 days is a sign of how w**k Corrie is these days.

I actually think this thread might finally grind to a halt in the near future. The programme stinks now.

Even the second episode tonight being a Crowther provided almost no entertainment other than Chesney sporting an impressive looking County top and it being mentioned that you can get into one end of the ground for £12.

Too much to complain about now to even get started but it's especially doing my head in when people endlessly go on about how massive Gemma is with the quads. She isn't.

14 hours ago, Satans_Husband said:

it's especially doing my head in when people endlessly go on about how massive Gemma is with the quads. She isn't.

Especially when you consider what she was starting from.

Newspaper report on Gemma getting stuck in the turnstile referred to County's ground as the King's Robes Arena. Has that come up before?

8 hours ago, GordonD said:

Newspaper report on Gemma getting stuck in the turnstile referred to County's ground as the King's Robes Arena. Has that come up before?

It was news to me. Still using Bury’s ground, I think. Wonder how long they’ll be able to keep using it. 

10 hours ago, GordonD said:

Good spot. About the only interesting thing from Friday then.

Back in 2003 when Mike Baldwin was in charge at Underworld he had set up a meeting with a new customer Preston King who owned King's Robes. Because of a mix up it was Harry Flagg the Underworld cleaner who clinched the deal but Preston ended up dying of a heart attack a few weeks later. He had a much younger wife called Penny who inherited the company and has obviously pumped some money into Weathy County for naming rights. 

11 minutes ago, JustOneCornetto said:

Back in 2003 when Mike Baldwin was in charge at Underworld he had set up a meeting with a new customer Preston King who owned King's Robes. Because of a mix up it was Harry Flagg the Underworld cleaner who clinched the deal but Preston ended up dying of a heart attack a few weeks later. He had a much younger wife called Penny who inherited the company and has obviously pumped some money into Weathy County for naming rights. 

Good shout. The stadium name did sound like a sponsorship thing.

I was going to say that Preston King was played by Tony Osoba (McLaren from Porridge) but on checking that was an entirely different customer who died of a heart attack, after which Mike Baldwin pumped his widow.

11 minutes ago, philpy said:

Is it me, or have they filmed tonights episode with different cameras??

Looks like they've switched to a more filmatic way of screening it. Trying to shine a turd.

That banner displayed at the prison riot - No One Cares - is hilariously apt.

The argument scene between Sinead and Daniel was dreadful.

Stuart might as well close this thread now. Three ludicrous episodes, which by the look of them were directed by Terrence Malick, with all sorts of heavy storylines and nobody can muster a single comment.

Even stuff that they were doing OK is now rancid. That scene of Sinead recording a message for her baby was interminable and as good as unwatchable.

How long is this prison pish going to run for?

We've still got whatever ridiculous revelation there is about mad Jade to come.

Even when Kate Oates was maximising her wicked ways to destroy the programme, I didn't suspect that it could get as bad as it now has. Utter dross.

Raise your hand if you think Marion will bring Max back when she's supposed to.

By and large, I thought this week was done pretty well. I was surprised at how much of what they did was reminiscent of how my old mum passed away, the rattly breath in particular.

That said, I think it suffered from having too many episodes this week, and too many episodes dedicated to the Sinead story. We had Thursday's half hour and Friday's hour focussed on nothing else and I don't think there was enough story to fill that time, even with the unnecessary Bethany complication. Overall, though, I thought Katie McGlynn did a bang up job and thankfully I was chopping onions as I was watching it otherwise someone might think I might have been greeting at a soap opera.

10 hours ago, MSU said:

By and large, I thought this week was done pretty well. I was surprised at how much of what they did was reminiscent of how my old mum passed away, the rattly breath in particular.

That said, I think it suffered from having too many episodes this week, and too many episodes dedicated to the Sinead story. We had Thursday's half hour and Friday's hour focussed on nothing else and I don't think there was enough story to fill that time, even with the unnecessary Bethany complication. Overall, though, I thought Katie McGlynn did a bang up job and thankfully I was chopping onions as I was watching it otherwise someone might think I might have been greeting at a soap opera.

The timing of these episodes and last night's in particular, to coincide with voting in the National Television Awards, is impressively cynical.

1 hour ago, Satans_Husband said:

The timing of these episodes and last night's in particular, to coincide with voting in the National Television Awards, is impressively cynical.

I think they're also catching up for the days when it wasn't on because they were showing England matches.

Going to watch the omnibus on itv tomorrow. Last night was going to be too much for personal reasons, so I slinked off down the pub.

A few odd developments in the wake of Sinead's death. Despite her stalking of Daniel last week, Bethany continues to do so this week resulting in Daniel getting a thick ear from Beth. Daniel, assuming (correctly) that everyone hates his guts ensures that the hatred intensifies by buggering off to Scotland with Bertie, neglecting to take any involvement in the funeral and refusing to get the death certificate. Don't you need a death certificate to have a funeral? And then, most bizarre of all, Liz who hasn't been in it in weeks decides that Tracy, who also hasn't been in it in weeks, is having a hard time of it since Sinead died because she's been moping in Roy's Rolls for a morning, so they decide to bugger off to Spain.