stuart.

Coronation Street

Just now, scw1987 said:

And pakoras...

I did think it unusual that Robert was making them, when there was a partner in an Indian restuarant available to organise it.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I did think it unusual that Robert was making them, when there was a partner in an Indian restuarant available to organise it.

Let's be honest, that's one of the more credible things in Corrie right now. Comparatively speaking, of course...

Did Tracy not quit Street Cars last week during the hot tub scene? Why was she delivering the food to the hotel?

So how long before Kevin discovers that Abi has been taking the piss and sacks her, again?

13 hours ago, GordonD said:

So how long before Kevin discovers that Abi has been taking the piss and sacks her, again?

Very soon I imagine. Big, angry dispute and then the two of them end up in bed together.

Everybody loves buying Abi, the renowned drug addict and alcoholic, pints all through the day.

On 02/08/2019 at 13:52, Nick_BCFC said:

Did Tracy not quit Street Cars last week during the hot tub scene? Why was she delivering the food to the hotel?

I thought that as well. Another poor bit of plotting probably.

10 minutes ago, Satans_Husband said:
On 02/08/2019 at 19:52, Nick_BCFC said:

I thought that as well. Another poor bit of plotting probably.

True, although I do remember her demanding a tip with menaces and insisting it was in cash. She probably saw it as easy money.

Weathy County's match on Friday is getting a big build up and just saw that Simon Crowther is doing both episodes that night so hopefully we get some great lines and looks like the Bailey boy is going to make his debut.

10 hours ago, JustOneCornetto said:

Weathy County's match on Friday is getting a big build up and just saw that Simon Crowther is doing both episodes that night so hopefully we get some great lines and looks like the Bailey boy is going to make his debut.

Good grief! Something to actually look forward to!

Although it'll be weighed down by all the other storylines that have to be serviced.

What's the point in showing Maria and Carla in a hot tub if they stay submerged to the shoulders the whole time?

9 hours ago, GordonD said:

What's the point in showing Maria and Carla in a hot tub if they stay submerged to the shoulders the whole time?

I agree this was a ridiculous move. They could have at least treated the public to the sight of them getting in or our of it.

It was an odd scene though. I don't think I've ever seen three people look so uncomfortable in a hot tub. By the way they were almost grimacing, it looked to me like the water wasn't hot and maybe wasn't even warm.

6 hours ago, Satans_Husband said:

It was an odd scene though. I don't think I've ever seen three people look so uncomfortable in a hot tub. By the way they were almost grimacing, it looked to me like the water wasn't hot and maybe wasn't even warm.

Which might explain why they kept their chests below water level.

While ultimately the double Crowther was indeed dragged down by the ludicrous storylines it had to feature - everything involving Gary is so farcical and tedious - there were still some really good bits in it.

Highlight was probably Steve and Tyrone drinking at the bar in their County tops and Johnny's all-too-true speech about the opening game being the best day of the season, full of hope, on the same points as everybody else and all downhill from then on.

Steve should have explained to Evelyn that, since Tommy O wasn't starting the match, he was entitled to his first goalscorer stake back.

The scene in which Gary went to that lock-up of Rick's looked like it could have been filmed by Stanley Kubrick.

wow gary had a £50 note . another pish storyline. everyone in pub getting a bricker over it as well

I saw last night's but have missed several, so can anyone briefly help me with the Gary story? I understand he bumped off the money lender (Rick?) and was trying to bribe a big burd (Sharon?) So Gary is now a gangster? Who's the galoot who was with him last night? And who is Derek Milligan?

4 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

I saw last night's but have missed several, so can anyone briefly help me with the Gary story? I understand he bumped off the money lender (Rick?) and was trying to bribe a big burd (Sharon?) So Gary is now a gangster? Who's the galoot who was with him last night? And who is Derek Milligan?

Yes, Gary is now a furniture dealing gangster. He’s also supposedly responsible for the factory roof collapse. He killed Rick and paid off Sharon to keep her mouth shut. He took on Rick’s book of business so is now a loan shark. Derek Milligan is seemingly in debt to Gary, who Gary has now bribed to pretend to be a wealthy property developer, but it’ll actually be Gary who owns the rebuilt factory and who will receive rent once the knicker people move back in. Or something.

10 hours ago, MSU said:

Yes, Gary is now a furniture dealing gangster. He’s also supposedly responsible for the factory roof collapse. He killed Rick and paid off Sharon to keep her mouth shut. He took on Rick’s book of business so is now a loan shark. Derek Milligan is seemingly in debt to Gary, who Gary has now bribed to pretend to be a wealthy property developer, but it’ll actually be Gary who owns the rebuilt factory and who will receive rent once the knicker people move back in. Or something.

Nice one. You've made me nostalgic for when Mel Hutchwright used to fulfil these duties.

It was happier times and better storylines then of course.

18 hours ago, MSU said:

Thank you, MSU. It all makes perfect sense now.

Pray, can you also enlighten on the lock-up full of electrical gear and a safe load of cash, all protected by a padlock from Wilko?

6 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

Thank you, MSU. It all makes perfect sense now.

Pray, can you also enlighten on the lock-up full of electrical gear and a safe load of cash, all protected by a padlock from Wilko?

Ah, you’re on your own with that, I’m afraid. Although my missus did wonder why Rick the Chin was keeping all those empty boxes in a lock-up.