Jump to content
stuart.

Coronation Street

Recommended Posts

Strange how the Weatherfield CID seemingly cancelled all leave and increased manpower to investigate Seb the teenage delinquent falling off a ladder not so long ago, yet when loan shark Rick goes missing they don't bother asking his daughter if she knows where he is and somehow manage not to notice that Gary has taken over Rick's business and is operating from his office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't watched since Hayley got ill, that was just too much!  Glad this thread is still going strong though. 

 

As you were. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, stuart. said:

I haven't watched since Hayley got ill, that was just too much!  Glad this thread is still going strong though. 

 

As you were. 

The thread grows weaker as the months pass by. Once of a day there would be several posts to read after each episode. Recently there’s just a couple a week to slate whatever shite someone has just caught up with in the omnibus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nick_BCFC said:

The thread grows weaker as the months pass by. Once of a day there would be several posts to read after each episode. Recently there’s just a couple a week to slate whatever shite someone has just caught up with in the omnibus.

I was thinking about this the other day. I doubt the thread will die completely but the posts are sporadic now as  it's hard to get motivated to comment on the continual dross.

When it's a bad storyline or character it's one thing, but the powers that be seem determined to make it rotten to the core.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Maria dating story might just be the depth of recent ridiculous stories, which is saying something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/07/2019 at 20:01, ali_91 said:

This Maria dating story might just be the depth of recent ridiculous stories, which is saying something. 

Agreed. The dates are getting steadily worse - each one makes the previous one look like a prize catch.

I give it a week before throbber shows up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/05/2015 at 20:21, JustOneCornetto said:

McGilligan's sacking by County proving controversial, tactically inept? players out of position? sounds like a discussion on the Morton Forum!

Well we all knew Ken would be a Bob Dylan fan but who knew it was him heckling, here's the evidence

https://youtu.be/PCGPhzWWgco

Good call back tonight to old Ken calling out Dylan for going electric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/07/2019 at 21:07, JustOneCornetto said:

Lol moment as wee Kev fell on his face as he raced back home, can't imagine that was scripted, looked a sair yin.

I was wondering that myself. The way he hit the deck was fairly nasty, especially with bare arms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/07/2019 at 19:43, JustOneCornetto said:

Good call back tonight to old Ken calling out Dylan for going electric

That was the undoubted highlight. It was in a Crowther episode and I'd bet decent cash that the original mention was a Crowther as well.

I fail to see how a few Unicorn parties at an average £300 a time have managed to pay for a hot tub like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Satans_Husband said:

I fail to see how a few Unicorn parties at an average £300 a time have managed to pay for a hot tub like that. 

I also fail to see how you can acquire a hot tub, have it delivered and installed in a couple of hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Northboy said:
12 hours ago, Satans_Husband said:

I fail to see how a few Unicorn parties at an average £300 a time have managed to pay for a hot tub like that. 

I also fail to see how you can acquire a hot tub, have it delivered and installed in a couple of hours.

You both obviously need a trip to La La land, to see how the other half live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Credit to Chris Fewtrell for temporarily lifting my spirits amongst all the nonsense. Kev debating with Tim whether or not he should renew his season ticket was like the classic stuff from the good old days. It was excellent, relaxed banter with superb little details such as it being £15 in to see County and their best recent season was 2009-2010 when they finished 9th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Northboy said:

I also fail to see how you can acquire a hot tub, have it delivered and installed in a couple of hours.

Carla managed to get a boat delivered to Peter on New Year's Day. An installed hot tub is a breeze.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though the Street and soaps in general specialise in characters lying to each other, Robert must be setting some kind of world record with his constant fibbing to Michelle. He could tell her he was catering the next royal wedding and was going to have to spend the weekend at Balmoral and she'd believe him without being presented with a single piece of evidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...