stuart.

Coronation Street

I must say, I have noticed that the Corrie fans on here are far stronger willed than I am. If I happen to buy a paper or magazine with spoilers in, I can't help but read them. Takes some amount of strength to ignore it, and fair play to them!

I crumbled at the end of last week and watched the trailer on Digital Spy - hasn't spoiled my enjoyment of this week at all. It's not something I normally do though.

This programme is destined to wring me out this week, I'm absolutely pathetic. Cracking acting from all tonight, especially Fiz - she looked like a woman possessed during the labour. That poor wean though - Hope Stape. ohmy.gif

I'm with S_H - can't quite get my head around Peter going (it doesn't look good for him, that's for sure). One of my favourite characters just now. And the missus has just realised in the last few weeks that she has the hots for him..............

She'll kill herself when she's older. Take a dive off a cliff. Hope Stape and Jump.

My, you're on form tonight, lady!

My, you're on form tonight, lady!

If you check your desk drawer, you will notice that I liberated your copy of "The Phoenix Bumper Book of Gags and Japes" while you were on your jollies. :P

She'll kill herself when she's older. Take a dive off a cliff. Hope Stape and Jump.

I awarded this one green dot.

Congratulations.

On reflection, it looks like the major fears in my earlier rant didn't come to pass. The only wobbly moment I noticed was Roy having trouble putting a glass on the table. And Fizz going a little too far with her mania. Some of the sound suffered a bit as well with Suicide Sal being particularly hard to hear at points. I'm in complete agreement about the farcical idea that she would be let anywhere near the collapsing building, with or without a hardhat.

I was genuinely surprised at Molly revealing Kev's guilty secret. I thought it would come out a different way.

Did anybody else see a blue light appear over Dev's right eye around twenty minutes in or was it just my TV?

t makes you wonder what storylines they'll unleash over Christmas as that's usually the time of year for the big punches. Hopefully it will be lower key situations but I doubt it.

I thought that was top drawer tonight. Lightyears ahead of the Eastender's live episode. The transitions between scenes were very smoothly done. No fluffed lines and the tempo was such that it kept you 'in' the drama, rather than looking out for live bits.

When was the last time we saw someone in a soap go as Ashley did? It was heroic and sadder than I thought it would be. Nice nod to Terry Duckworth with Jason saving Simon from a burning house.

I don't think Peter is going to die. He's becoming pretty integral to the Street at the moment. Soap affairs are always revealed and there would be no drama in revealing this one with Peter dead.

I thought that was top drawer tonight. Lightyears ahead of the Eastender's live episode. The transitions between scenes were very smoothly done. No fluffed lines and the tempo was such that it kept you 'in' the drama, rather than looking out for live bits.

When was the last time we saw someone in a soap go as Ashley did? It was heroic and sadder than I thought it would be. Nice nod to Terry Duckworth with Jason saving Simon from a burning house.

I don't think Peter is going to die. He's becoming pretty integral to the Street at the moment. Soap affairs are always revealed and there would be no drama in revealing this one with Peter dead.

I hope you're right about Peter as that seems a logical argument. It's true that the transitions between the scenes were done well.

That's the second time Simon has been saved from a burning house. The little fella.

On reflection, it looks like the major fears in my earlier rant didn't come to pass. The only wobbly moment I noticed was Roy having trouble putting a glass on the table. And Fizz going a little too far with her mania. Some of the sound suffered a bit as well with Suicide Sal being particularly hard to hear at points. I'm in complete agreement about the farcical idea that she would be let anywhere near the collapsing building, with or without a hardhat.

Did you not see the bird in the wheelchair stand up when she was in the Rovers announcing Ashleys death ? :blink:

It's an interesting one that. In real life she has a disease that keeps her in a wheelchair but she is able to use her legs and stand for a bit. I don't think they've ever attributed this to her character though and I'm fairly sure we've never seen her so mobile but I doubt it was an error.

Could care less about the Ashley or Molly departure, meh characters.

Peter Barlow though would be missed, I mean who the f**k is going to run the bookies??!! Theres plenty of mileage out him in terms of stories too with all the drink problems and affairs hes had.

Also John Stape is just fucking tremendous, a loveable rogue if there ever was. Easily the best character in the programme just now. Move over Davie Platt.

Could care less about the Ashley or Molly departure, meh characters.

Peter Barlow though would be missed, I mean who the f**k is going to run the bookies??!! Theres plenty of mileage out him in terms of stories too with all the drink problems and affairs hes had.

Also John Stape is just fucking tremendous, a loveable rogue if there ever was. Easily the best character in the programme just now. Move over Davie Platt.

They shut the bookies at the drop of a hat anyway.

They shut the bookies at the drop of a hat anyway.

First the tram, now the bus.

15376670.jpg

I'm beginning to wish, I'd stuck with the double and hadn't added a Street Cars Taxi down for the treble.

I was genuinely surprised at Molly revealing Kev's guilty secret. I thought it would come out a different way.

Did anybody else see a blue light appear over Dev's right eye around twenty minutes in or was it just my TV?

t makes you wonder what storylines they'll unleash over Christmas as that's usually the time of year for the big punches. Hopefully it will be lower key situations but I doubt it.

she was wearing a special hard wig wink.gif

Am I right in saying that Vera's passing never featured in the 50 Moments show? If so, I'm genuinely surprised by that, as it was so beautifully handled and made for genuinely moving television.

Anyway, bringing this up has given me the opportunity to post a link to the review that the wonderful Nancy Banks-Smith wrote in the following days Guardian.........

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/jan/19/television.coronationstreet

Just lovely.

Did you not see the bird in the wheelchair stand up when she was in the Rovers announcing Ashleys death ? blink.gif

she pulled her self onto the bar and was leaning.

a mate of mine, who is paralysed from the waist down, does it at bars when she wants served quicker !!

anyone hear the nurse say fizz's baby had 10 feet then correct herself and say toes ?

edited cause fizz is baby sounds utterly wrong and slightly perverse

Edited by weirdcal