Panic Merchants

orlandoblue

Are they right to move all their money.

It seems to me all the northern rock have done is borrow money from the bank of england due to other lenders going all tight due to the recent events in the US housing market..

I think they will just exacerbate the problem by moving their money.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree. Having said that, if my money was in Northern Rock, I wouldn't take the slightest chance and I'd be withdrawing all of it yesterday. Fortunately I'm not in that situation, but I think you have hit the nail on the head.

Edited for crappy typing skills

It's easy enough to look in on this and think that these people are morons, since it's not my money.

However, if it was my money, i'd be down there queuing with them. Being a student, if my bank goes bust i'll probably be in better shape than I am now.

Yep, if it is your savings you don't take chances.

I had money in Equitable Life some time ago. They hit trouble and I got my money out sharpish. Just as well as the company went tits up.

At the time the financial authorities said EL was a reputable company etc etc.

Sound familiar?

Are they right to move all their money.

It seems to me all the northern rock have done is borrow money from the bank of england due to other lenders going all tight due to the recent events in the US housing market..

I think they will just exacerbate the problem by moving their money.

Theyre all pish

The D rock!!!!! :)

If I had money with the Northern Rock, I would take it out, wait until their shares bottomed out, and invest some of the cash in them.........

That's what I was thinking as well. All the experts are saying there isn't a problem and that it's likely that NR will now be taken over. So surely buying some rock bottom shares would be a good move? :unsure:

Guest Fast_Action

I do have some not insignificant funds with Northern Rock. I have no intentions of moving them.

I feel that these panic merchants are ignorant of what it means for the BofE to be lender of last resort.

Were it not for the fact that these tubes were playing a part in flushing away a good financial institution, I would be laughing at them.

It's easy enough to look in on this and think that these people are morons, since it's not my money.

However, if it was my money, i'd be down there queuing with them. Being a student, if my bank goes bust i'll probably be in better shape than I am now.

Completely agree with that.

*sighs*

:rolleyes:

Guest Fast_Action
Yep, if it is your savings you don't take chances.

I had money in Equitable Life some time ago. They hit trouble and I got my money out sharpish. Just as well as the company went tits up.

At the time the financial authorities said EL was a reputable company etc etc.

Sound familiar?

I lost a bit of money in Equitable Life. It is not the same thing at all.

The funds that I have in NR are staying there for now.

Archived