Coupon Bursters

Michael W

You may well be right, but for all the wrong reasons.

I turned over somewhere in the region of £3,000 on football bets last weekend, to me £260 is nothing to turn over. Blue4578 would turn over over £100k on football bets every weekend back in the day.

It's not about the volume of money, it's about the behaviours. To that end, you may be right. But to say 'wow, £260, that's like loads of money, you must have a problem', is more than a bit naive.

£100k every weekend? f**k me if had that much money I doubt I would be gambling. Or was he a sports trader or something?

£100k every weekend? f**k me if had that much money I doubt I would be gambling. Or was he a sports trader or something?

He probably gets about £500 average weekly profit from that and works a huge amount of hours to get it. That's been roughly the score for the 2 or 3 full time/serious gamblers I've known.

Edited by welshbairn

The people I'm talking about weren't staking anything like £100,000 over a weekend, but they'd often be staking a grand to earn £50, and if you compared how much time they spent researching it with their profit their average hourly rate wasn't great. Not all professional gamblers are minted.

Go and read Blue 4578 posts through the years.

It will become very clear, very quickly, that he wasnt the type to make £500 a week. I think a touch more than that...!

It will also become clear that he is/was about as transparent and generous with his tactics as could be.

I sound like his boyfriend.

Go and read Blue 4578 posts through the years.

It will become very clear, very quickly, that he wasnt the type to make £500 a week. I think a touch more than that...!

It will also become clear that he is/was about as transparent and generous with his tactics as could be.

I sound like his boyfriend.

I'd turn for him and his money but then I'm a slut