Are Tarff Rovers Finished For Good?

For Tarff Rover to start playing serious football again quite a few improbable things would have to happen.

A/ Someone with quite a bit of  LONG TERM cash to spare would have to take over. 

B/They would have to find a working committee which in  a small villages like Kirkcowan would be nigh on impossible.

C/One of three clubs in a ten mile radius (Newton Stewart Wigtown Creetown) would have to pack in.

D/They would resurrect a pitch which was , by today's standards, was poor.

So it does not seem doable.

That was an interesting read stretching back over 14 years (two years before I joined P&B).

Always a wee bit of a downer reading about former clubs, although it's been going on since football started, but never nice to see clubs - well established or otherwise - disappearing.

• 1 year later...
15 hours ago, Hossy87 said:

Get the park lined 

Am an old sentimental bugger, if i stayed near by and seen that i would get a lawn mower(strimmer) and a few pots of paint and tidy the ground up every now and again. Then again maybe just says a lot about me!!

14 hours ago, Sermani said:

Am an old sentimental bugger, if i stayed near by and seen that i would get a lawn mower(strimmer) and a few pots of paint and tidy the ground up every now and again. Then again maybe just says a lot about me!!

I'd love to have a look in the old pavilion and see the state of it now.  Many a gid night in there in my youth 

11 hours ago, Hossy87 said:

I'd love to have a look in the old pavilion and see the state of it now.  Many a gid night in there in my youth 

Looked like the front door was boarded up, didn't look to see if there was a back door. The gates into the pitch are also padlocked. Who owns it or has the key?  I'm sure if it was in a more urban area it would have been stripped,  covered in graffiti and burned down by now.

12 minutes ago, info said:

As far as I am aware Balgreen Park is owned by Craiglaw Estate and Tarff Rovers were allowed to use it rent free . 

Tariff founded 1874 5 years after Kilmarnock WOW ? Interesting fact IMO. Hissy told me he was at their first game !